[FM24] No B teams

B teams removed. Players haven't been moved so should all be free agents. Only Germany done so far. Also added the Regionalliga for Germany, might add the Oberliga and Verbandspokal too, but I've got a long to do list already. Will probably add a file to clean up the history pages of players that have been at B teams at some point too.

Downloads:

Spoiler

Austria y Austria.fmf

France y France.fmf only cleared 2 teams down to National 3

Germany: y Germany.fmf incl. Regionalliga

Portugal: y Portugal.fmf except 1 team

Spain: y Spain.fmf except 4 teams

Edited by rusty217

Shouldn't be too long for Portugal. I tried FC Porto as soon as I got the FM24 editor as a proof of concept and it worked fine. Portugal was bugged in FM23 with it not being possible to permanently get rid of the B teams, doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

Spent today working on Spain though, and that B team resurrection bug seems to have transferred to them instead. Tried a couple different methods and no luck yet :(

On 16/11/2023 at 18:19, grade said:

I will be interested when you do the Portugal file.

Done! Finished Spain too.

They were a real pain in the butt though. Germany was so easy, remove B clubs, update nation rules, done. For Portugal and Spain they just kept coming back. Seem to have solved it by making a reserve league for both countries with some B clubs included, so had to leave 1 B club in Portugal and 4 in Spain. The B clubs would still be recreated if it was just a reserve league, had to add a B team to each one to prevent that from happening. Doesn't seem to matter if they get promoted/relegated out of the reserve leagues either. So annoying, but finally seems to be solved!

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2023 at 15:17, rusty217 said:

B teams removed. Players haven't been moved so should all be free agents.

Thank you so much for doing this! I also dislike untidy B-team lines in player histories!

I have found when starting games using your files that players in B teams don't appear at all, even when I tick 'all players of nationality' and have all lower leagues selected. This means that (for example) my Barcelona team has blank rosters for Reserves and U19s.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the game extincting players alongside clubs in your edits?

Thanks!

18 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Thank you so much for doing this! I also dislike untidy B-team lines in player histories!

I have found when starting games using your files that players in B teams don't appear at all, even when I tick 'all players of nationality' and have all lower leagues selected. This means that (for example) my Barcelona team has blank rosters for Reserves and U19s.

Am I doing something wrong, or is the game extincting players alongside clubs in your edits?

Thanks!

Huh, you're right!

Haven't had the chance to play yet so hadn't noticed. In FM23 it definitely just made them free agents so I assumed FM24 would've been the same, guess not.

For FM23 I did make another file that moved high potential players from B teams back to their parent clubs, that should fix it. It'll be awhile until I'm able to get round to it though, plus the huge number of B teams means it really will just be very high potential players.

If I was in charge of the (FM/SI) world then players at clubs with B teams would all be contracted to their parent club in the database, rather than some having the B club as their 'owner' club. Then players could be allocated to B clubs via the drop down in the contract tab which sets First Team/Reserve/U19 etc status. TBH the whole way B teams are handled in FM is frustrating.

Edited by NineCloudNine

21 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

If I was in charge of the (FM/SI) world then players at clubs with B teams would all be contracted to their parent club in the database, rather than some having the B club as their 'owner' club. Then players could be allocated to B clubs via the drop down in the contract tab which sets First Team/Reserve/U19 etc status. TBH the whole way B teams are handled in FM is frustrating.

They also need to fix how it appears in history-careerstats!

After having played like 1 friendly for a b-team, then gets this:

NEXT LEVEL FRUSTRATION

image.thumb.png.49fc0def4541ece0c9be977fa3d2725d.png

Edited by monobloko

22 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Annoyingly some are, just not most of them. The B teams in the Netherlands are set up in such a way that all contracts are with the parent club instead. Just depends how it was done.

Haven't gotten around to the Netherlands yet on FM24, but that made it so much easier on FM23. Didn't even need to delete them, could just move the existing B teams over to a reserve league instead of a regular league and it would function as a standard reserve/U23 team instead of a B team instead.

Edited by rusty217

• 2 weeks later...
Em 19/12/2023 em 06:42, monobloko disse:

They also need to fix how it appears in history-careerstats!

After having played like 1 friendly for a b-team, then gets this:

NEXT LEVEL FRUSTRATION

image.thumb.png.49fc0def4541ece0c9be977fa3d2725d.png

Though I was the only one who absolutely hates this, seeing historical records is one of the most fun parts of the game for me, and B-team entries ruins the whole career statistics of the player. It's crazy that they never bothered to fix it. (Another thing I hate is that the history of players in Brazil includes state championship games, which ends up inflating the players match and goals count. I wish someone would fix that too, but I'm off topic now lol)

Just showing my support for @rusty217 to do the rest of the leagues, would love this. 

Edited by lucasnake

5 hours ago, MadHatterLuc said:

Yo, can I use this with the "Deutschland-File". A mod that includes german leagues all the way down to the 6th division

No, sorry. You can only use 1 file that edits league rules per nation so it'd have to be one or the other.

6 hours ago, rusty217 said:

No, sorry. You can only use 1 file that edits league rules per nation so it'd have to be one or the other.

ahh got it. I see you made the 4th division playable in germany. So that's more than enough for me. Thank you! :)

On 29/12/2023 at 06:33, lucasnake said:

(Another thing I hate is that the history of players in Brazil includes state championship games, which ends up inflating the players match and goals count. I wish someone would fix that too, but I'm off topic now lol

This is so frustrating. Historic appearance totals only include national division performances, but once the game starts the state leagues are included so it gets imbalanced like you say.

I have looked for a way to change this in the editor but the state leagues seem to be set as a stage of the national league. I tried changing them all to cups but this made no difference and then I ran out of editing talent.

Edited by NineCloudNine

4 horas atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

This is so frustrating. Historic appearance totals only include national division performances, but once the game starts the state leagues are included so it gets imbalanced like you say.

I have looked for a way to change this in the editor but the state leagues seem to be set as a stage of the national league. I tried changing them all to cups but this made no difference and then I ran out of editing talent.

I have managed to fix it in some FM editions way back, but I've forgot how I've done it. Also, usually there's someone who makes an Brazil data file without State Championships, so I just download one of those.

Edited by lucasnake