Is there a bug/issue with Defending Throw Ins in FM24?

I'm having serious issues with defending throw ins, so many goals have been conceded in this way. I had them on the Default setting for a while, but even after tweaking them to my own configuration, I'm still having no luck.

Now something just happened to me in a game which has left me speechless. I took a screen recording but the file was too big to upload, so I hope this URL is accessible:

https://jmp.sh/RHhgFutz 

Keep an eye on my left back Victor Garcia (#24) in the bottom right corner. He is tight to his man, as the opponent prepares to take the throw in, but as play develops, he decides to leave him completely free, and just runs further into the box towards nobody, where there is no danger, whilst his marker scores the easiest tap in at the back post. 

If it makes any difference, his instruction for the set piece is to 'Player Mark' - which he does initially, before abandoning that duty, and running away from his man like a headless chicken.

Screenshot2023-11-15at14_57_33.thumb.png.2f2e7850e0e262be25679ca3a71534a7.png

I can understand conceding the odd throw in, and it's been a problem but not one worth highlighting, until this, which is just ridiculous and makes me think it has to be a bug? There is no logical explanation to see this type of behaviour. 

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum to raise this, I'm not sure if it's a genuine bug or tactical issue.

• 2 weeks later...

after the new patch the defensive set up at short attacking throw ins are still exstremely bad. When ever there is a throw in in like this you no there is only 2 outcomes:

1. either the make a 1-2 and crossing the ball, and either scores get a corner og scores from the second ball

2. The pass quicly around until the get a shot away or gets a corner. And because your team is so out of position from the beginning there is structural Kaos.

It is so frustrating because there is notheing to do about the starting defensive set up

image.thumb.png.99b18cc470f9e7df54749493cf288bca.png

• 1 month later...

Still same and because of that i quit. Unbelieveable. They are just steal our time. Make your tactic, find some staff for your team, invest your real life time for game or enjoy, and... JUST. FIX. THE. THROW. INS. If it's too hard for you, just resign. Unbelievable. Taker throw the ball nearest player, he's passing taker again, some silly cross and goal. UNBELIEVEABLE.

Exactly. It's 10 year old news. And besides it's more of an issue for AI than player. Human player knows very well how to exploit the throw ins to get easy goals. The AI will maybe use it against you by chance a few times per season. It's not game breaking and will rarely make any difference in the grand picture of whether you win or lose a title. It's frustrating sure when it happens but far from game breaking. People really need to take it easy. It's just a game.

Edited by crusadertsar

No, nobody needs to take it easy. People just demands a good, logical game. Is every throw-in causes possesion in real life football? Then, why every throw in causes trouble in a "football manager simulation"? 

Stop behaving like this. Unbelieveable, you guys says it's 10 year old news. So, just fix the damn thing. This game is a monopoly in the industry and what we got? Ten year old unfixed problems. Stop behaving like this and demand something for yourself. Everybody knows there is a problem. I'm investing my time in this game. It's none of your business whether I'm chill or not. Somebody takes UNO or tv series serious, i'm taking football manager serious. Do not act like that. 

16 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Exactly. It's 10 year old news. And besides it's more of an issue for AI than player. Human player knows very well how to exploit the throw ins to get easy goals. The AI will maybe use it against you by chance a few times per season. It's not game breaking and will rarely make any difference in the grand picture of whether you win or lose a title. It's frustrating sure when it happens but far from game breaking. People really need to take it easy. It's just a game.

It might be old news, but it's certainly more noticeable this year. Look around the forums and on Twitter, many players are noticing it. Regardless of if they end up with a goal or not, it's getting quite boring just how many highlights come from throw-ins (and set pieces in general). They may as well call it Set Piece Manager 24 :lol:

11 dakika önce, Fantasista10 said:

It might be old news, but it's certainly more noticeable this year. Look around the forums and on Twitter, many players are noticing it. Regardless of if they end up with a goal or not, it's getting quite boring just how many highlights come from throw-ins (and set pieces in general). They may as well call it Set Piece Manager 24 :lol:

I don't get this "old news" aproach. If it's old, why it isn't fixed yet? How can we believe that FM25 will be different? How dare we say "you should buy the game" to those who download FM illegally? They publish the game with lots of bugs and if we're lucky, in March, some of them will be fixed. Some of them don't. There are bugs in every game, i understand. But the pattern is always the same.