Can't change advanced league rules (I need help I am desperate)

Milos27

When I try to change league rules for Serbia (specifically loan limit and changing the eu join date, but I get the same issue no matter what I try to change) upon testing the changes I get an issue that in the second division X team has no squad selected for a match (always on 2/8/2025). I would really appreciate if someone has a solution for this.

error.png

5 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Could be the registration rules playing up?

Yeah, I replied in the other thread he posted in but this often comes up because a lower division team (Kolubara in the screenshot) is being called in for a pro/rel playoff within the higher division, but the higher division (including that stage) uses a "fixture rules" ID that is specifically set, under the "nation" settings, to that competition itself. So you can sometimes get away with just duplicating those rules, removing the competition specification, and then using that fixture rules ID in the pro/rel stage

4 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah, I replied in the other thread he posted in but this often comes up because a lower division team (Kolubara in the screenshot) is being called in for a pro/rel playoff within the higher division, but the higher division (including that stage) uses a "fixture rules" ID that is specifically set, under the "nation" settings, to that competition itself. So you can sometimes get away with just duplicating those rules, removing the competition specification, and then using that fixture rules ID in the pro/rel stage

Drove me crazy in Hungary. Horrible thing.

Yeah, it can be mind-numbing when you're pretty sure you're one error message away from a functional DB but it's something mystifying like that, and the error message is of a phrase that has literally never been uttered in the history of man on google or on here. I encourage people who encounter this stuff and eventually find ways through to post, post, post, this place can be a real repository of editing knowledge

Oh shoot I forgot it was FM24, I don't have that yet. I bet this is your answer anyway:

this often comes up because a lower division team (Kolubara in the screenshot) is being called in for a pro/rel playoff within the higher division, but the higher division (including that stage) uses a "fixture rules" ID that is specifically set, under the "nation" settings, to that competition itself. So you can sometimes get away with just duplicating those rules, removing the competition specification, and then using that fixture rules ID in the pro/rel stage

2 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Oh shoot I forgot it was FM24, I don't have that yet. I bet this is your answer anyway:

Oh ok, thanks to both of you for helping, will try to do it tommorrow, hopefully I'll be able to do it since it's my first time changing something in pre game editor. 

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Yeah, it can be mind-numbing when you're pretty sure you're one error message away from a functional DB but it's something mystifying like that, and the error message is of a phrase that has literally never been uttered in the history of man on google or on here. I encourage people who encounter this stuff and eventually find ways through to post, post, post, this place can be a real repository of editing knowledge

I rely on my memory, but there is a large list of notes and threads that I look up with all those nifty little things.

23 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Sorry if I'm annoying, but can't really find all these options. If you have time can you do it a bit more step by step, I am new to the pre game editor so it's all a bit confusing.

11 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Weird, looking at the file, that's not the issue this time. Might be worth posting in the bug forums

Yeah it seems quite weird, no matter how small of a change I make in the datebase I get the same result. I've seen people have the same issue with Serbia in previous fms. It's quite annoying since I just want to make a few small changes before starting the save.

The issue is to do with the transfer window. I was able to test past the date the transfer window closed and the error did not repeat until the start of the following season.

EDIT - not quite found the solution yet.

EDIT 2 - Removing the fixture rules for the Serbian Second League did the trick.  Not sure if this will have any unintended consequences, although this is an inactive league so I would guess not.  Best to simulate and check first though.

Edited by magicmastermind124