Player development

I'm now mid way into my second FM24 season with Northampton Town in league one and decided to check out the player development graphs on a few young up and coming squad players aged between 20 and 23 and to my surprise their attributes haven't changed at all and although they aren't first team players I do give them plenty of game time.

My first thought was perhaps there is a player development bug but, I'm sure there would've of been outcry from the community as watching players develop is a big part of FM.

How do you guys find players developing are you seeing increases in player attributes? 

And finally any advice on player development would be appreciated. 

Edited by Weller1980

This is a Barca U19 player from my tactics save. I haven't touched training at all and only holidayed a season. Didn't know he existed 5 minutes ago. Development should be fine, even with default training.

Spoiler

Screenshot2023-11-08123630.thumb.png.c898bdd15d85c8bf860666c77c1487fa.png

If players aren't improving, they probably have low PA, poor hidden attributes like low professionalism, or your training facilities are too bad.

Noah Darvich improved that much, because his personality is fairly professional, his PA is likely very high and Barca has amazing training facilities.

Improving facilities takes time, but you can focus on players with good personalities, improve them via mentoring if needed and also invest more in your staff and scouting, so you can find high PA players.

There are a number of factors that effect player development, but sometimes players just stall.

In my current save Angelo showed consistent growth up to the age of 21, and between 21 & 22 just didn't improve at all despite having the same game time and having a good season. Yet the next season he had a big jump in ability, despite demanding a transfer, being in a bad mood for most of the year, and not playing particularly well. :rolleyes: