[FM24] MorrisseyMuse's Attention To Detail Data Update

HISTORY/THE LONG-WINDED SPEECH...

Whenever I play FM, I'm never truly happy with player stats and other little niggles (I blame the OCD :D), so I've decided to start up once again an old project of mine, an 'ongoing update' of sorts, where I will be updating player and manager stats, CA, PA, positions, etc.

The purpose of my update and what sets it apart from most of the others here, is a focus purely on the key areas listed above - a true 'attention to detail' throughout - to give the most updated and realistic representation of each individual player and club's own personalities and skill sets.

My update will NOT include any transfers or loans.  There are already many utterly amazing, multi-person, transfer update-focused updates released.  I do this update (as well as a fantasy video games one and an update for FM 2008! - threads to follow very soon, check my profile/posts for links!), all by myself in my spare time and could not possibly hope to compete, nor would I want to!

I instead hope to see this update as something long term that will be the perfect compliment to the other transfer updates, as the separate focus I have on clubs and player data will hopefully lead to improved compatibility and the ability to run my updates alongside any others. :)  The level of success of this will vary from update to update and game to game I'm sure, but I will at least be using FM24 to experiment with this being more of a possibility!

However you choose to experience my update in FM24 though, I just sincerely hope that you - as ever - enjoy! :D

NB: I have full admiration and respect for the scouts that work on FM and no disrespect is intended with this project; it's just an alternative that I plan on rolling out weekly or bi-weekly (hopefully! lol), to give the community an alternative database with more regular updates on players and teams as they happen throughout the season; one that can also hopefully be influenced with input from the community itself. :)

So I've waffled on long enough...!

WHAT'S IN THE UPDATE?

• The ONLY update with regular player and staff updating!
  • Player and manager stat updates - constantly updated stats as the season progresses!
  • Player and manager personality updates - favoured/hated personnel, hidden character attributes, etc. - Managers fall out with a player?  Friendships forming off the pitch?  Staff leave a club under less than mutual circumstances?  A player has a burst of form, a brush with the law off the pitch, a sudden transfer request or a drop in consistency? all be addressed in player stats!
  • Player altered/updated appearances - for the 3D engine.
  • Teams - club rep, stadiums, correct names, finances, morale, new kits, etc.. plus Juventus FC and Mancheser United's real names and details added in!
  • Leagues - All of the promotions and relegations and tournament/cup winers for the 23/24 season updated as and when results come in, complete with the correct/more accurate league/cup names added!
  • Player form - an emphasis on big game performances and consistency as player develop reputations for reliability or perhaps 'big game bottlers'..?
  • Injuries - added/removed as and when they happen!
  • New players/youth/wonderkids - added when they are discovered!
  • Compatibility with transfer updates - allowing for transfers and my own stat updates together in your game! (WIP)

INSTALLATION:

1. Download the .fmf file from the link below.
  2. Copy/paste it into your 'Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2024 > editor data' folder
  3. When you start a new game, select the '24.0.0 Update' database in the top right
  4. Tick the 'MorrisseyMuse's Attention To Detail Data Update' option under the 'File' section, if not already ticked.
  5. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD LINK/VERSION:

Coming very soon! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I love seeing stuff like this.

I'm autistic myself so trawling through the database trying to make it as accurate as possible is something I'm interested in. I am currently working on large scale corrections to the default database so if I can supplement what I'm doing with what you're doing that will make me happy indeed

On 06/12/2023 at 13:55, xbenjaminx said:

I love seeing stuff like this.

I'm autistic myself so trawling through the database trying to make it as accurate as possible is something I'm interested in. I am currently working on large scale corrections to the default database so if I can supplement what I'm doing with what you're doing that will make me happy indeed

Awesome matey! glad there's another data editor out there! I look forward to seeing your update :D  It's all opinions of course, but I hope to at least be able to base my edits on matches that I've seen to have evidence at least! :)

I'm hoping to have the first update out soon; it's been delayed a lot as I'm working on an update for FM 2008 alongside this.

2 hours ago, MorrisseyMuse said:

Awesome matey! glad there's another data editor out there! I look forward to seeing your update :D  It's all opinions of course, but I hope to at least be able to base my edits on matches that I've seen to have evidence at least! :)

I'm hoping to have the first update out soon; it's been delayed a lot as I'm working on an update for FM 2008 alongside this.

I honestly started playing football manager properly about 6 months ago. I spent around 1000 hours in the editor for FM23. I finally solved my problems with the languages in the editor so I will go through and fix all of those as well but my main problem at the moment is currency, or specifically naming it. There's some bug that prevents you from naming new currency or renaming currency already there. It's really grinding my gears.

These data updates take time so there's no real rush. I had to restart mine as I realised I'd made other changes to the database and really I only want to work with the default database so I can publish it for everyone else's use.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/01/2024 at 12:39, NatanPolak said:

Hey i was wondering when the download link would be up??

Howdy!  Apologises for the delay, I decided to wait for the final SI update so as not to complicate things :)  Rest assured, it will be released very soon!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I was hoping to release a 'teaser' first edition of my update today, but alas I've just seen the news of a further, final official update from SI incoming, so going to hold off as I know I'll be busy working away again once that comes out! :D  So more news once the SI update is released! :)

Edited by MorrisseyMuse

On 05/04/2024 at 18:14, bosque said:

Wow, what a promising project! I love the idea!

Thanks very much! :)  I'm doing an update for FM 2008 alongside this, also using my own data.  So progress can be a little on the slower side, but hoping to have a first release of both updates very soon!

7 hours ago, MorrisseyMuse said:

Thanks very much! :)  I'm doing an update for FM 2008 alongside this, also using my own data.  So progress can be a little on the slower side, but hoping to have a first release of both updates very soon!

Take your time. Quality of quantity. Anyone who knows anything about modding knows how long these things take by the time you do research, graphics and all that. I'm working on some stuff myself at the moment. It gets even more challenging when you're working on obscure and/or remote areas.

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2024 at 23:09, xbenjaminx said:

@MorrisseyMuse the update you mentioned is out now. Looking forward to seeing what you can do

I'm hoping to have the first versions of my FM2024 and FM2008 updates both out in the next few days! :)  Hopefully will get some screen caps of both game updates in action very soon.