Do you find that recruitment focus has less returns when you progress (in years) in the game

paz

I'm in 2037, managing Wimbledon in the Premier League. I have 4 scouts assigned to a recruitment focus in Spain (which has the top 2 leagues playable). I do have good scouting knowledge of Spain (Diego Simeone as my Tech Director, as well as scouts with knowledge of Spain).

I have what is described as a 'slightly below average' squad in the Premier League. I'm asking for 2star CA and 4 star PA recommendations. I am getting no results in maybe 1 year. 

Am I doing something wrong? I feel like 7 seasons ago I'd get a handful of results from this sort of search.

1 hour ago, fc.cadoni said:

Drop it 1* and 3* and age range 15-50.

Of course if I drop the star threshold, then more recommendations will appear. I cannot dispute you there. My POV is that why recommendations stopped appearing for players that are rated 4 star potential in La Liga. It's a playable league, so there are many players there. My team is rated as around average for the Premier League, so it's not as if there shouldn't be 4 star players around, relative to the star rating of my squad.

Remember the better team you have, the fewer players will be rated as good enough for you. So when you are a lower rated PL side, you could have 100s of players be good enough, but once you are a medium, the number will drop.

Also, remember there are other things too. As your staff will not recommend players who are not willing to join you. Things like that could be impacting things, perhaps you don't have enough spots for foreign players? That could lead to fewer players seeing you as a viable club to join.

16 hours ago, XaW said:

Remember the better team you have, the fewer players will be rated as good enough for you. So when you are a lower rated PL side, you could have 100s of players be good enough, but once you are a medium, the number will drop.

Also, remember there are other things too. As your staff will not recommend players who are not willing to join you. Things like that could be impacting things, perhaps you don't have enough spots for foreign players? That could lead to fewer players seeing you as a viable club to join.

I agree that and understand that. 

However, I don't think that's causing this issue here. For example, there is a player playing in my division (who would be interested in joining me because his agent said so when I asked), who when I manually scouted him, comes up as 5 star CA and PA. He plays for Liverpool, and is English. Why hasn't he appeared on my ongoing Premier League scouting that asks for 4 star PA minimum? And I bet there are another 30 of these sort of players. This sort of high reputation player in the same division as you, should appear in a recruitment focus that has been going for a couple of seasons, in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, paz said:

However, I don't think that's causing this issue here. For example, there is a player playing in my division (who would be interested in joining me because his agent said so when I asked), who when I manually scouted him, comes up as 5 star CA and PA. He plays for Liverpool, and is English. Why hasn't he appeared on my ongoing Premier League scouting that asks for 4 star PA minimum? And I bet there are another 30 of these sort of players. This sort of high reputation player in the same division as you, should appear in a recruitment focus that has been going for a couple of seasons, in my opinion. 

Yeah, I suggested a few possible things, but I don't know the details as well as you since you have the game. If you think you have examples of something wrong, I always point to the bug tracker. I don't know if it's still open for FM23, or if it has closed in preparation for FM24, but if it's still open, I'd suggest logging it there.

2 hours ago, paz said:

I feel like this is an issue with the the new recruitment focuses that I am hoping is ironed out this year. I feel like I have seen hundreds of examples of when a player should have appeared in my scouting reports as they have matched all of the criteria, yet they don't. Maybe it is something I am doing wrong, but I have very very basic criteria for my scouts so I haven't been able to spot what I am doing that's wrong (if anything). Hopefully it will either work better this year or i will understand how it works better this year.

I definitely think scouting improved in FM23 but recruitment focuses are still a bit funky. I set the CA/PA to be max 3 stars. Anything higher never seems to work.

Are you getting no near misses either? Sometimes I see good players in there and disagree with the reason the scout rejected the player.