How to take my tactic to the next level

My Eintract Frankfurt side has finished 2nd ,2nd  and 3rd in the last three seasons and won the europa league last season. I really want to build on that and I’m 6 games in the new season. I’m really optimistic about our chances to win the bundesliga but I feel we are lacking something in my tactic IMG_4197.thumb.jpeg.dfbad6382fd055e88ea44c774338659b.jpegIMG_4198.thumb.jpeg.9a7d4c3a5aa6ab02ac8a532b93c88b70.jpeg

10 hours ago, Fmhnunter said:

My Eintract Frankfurt side has finished 2nd ,2nd  and 3rd in the last three seasons and won the europa league last season. I really want to build on that and I’m 6 games in the new season. I’m really optimistic about our chances to win the bundesliga but I feel we are lacking something in my tactic IMG_4197.thumb.jpeg.dfbad6382fd055e88ea44c774338659b.jpegIMG_4198.thumb.jpeg.9a7d4c3a5aa6ab02ac8a532b93c88b70.jpeg

If you've achieved success, I would focus on:

1. Building a stronger starting 11, might be time to invest in a real quality goalkeeper.

2. Squad players to change games / keep players fresh 

Tactically things look fine. I would favor some more hard work in the midfield from one of the two 8's. AP + MEZ combo seems a bit easy for the opposition to bully. A CM(s) might be a nice sub for the AP.  Moving the Mez to (s) would also work if you wanted to keep the AP. On that note you might look to add some size to the squad, I think a number of those players are quite light weight. Would also consider dropping the counter press as a starting TI, it'll help you manage the course of the season a bit better. 

Edited by Cloud9

14 hours ago, CARRERA said:

What do you think where it’s lacking? 

I think we’re lacking the control aspect in some games especially in away games . I would like to control the game more in our favour or produce more chances 

10 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

If you've achieved success, I would focus on:

1. Building a stronger starting 11, might be time to invest in a real quality goalkeeper.

2. Squad players to change games / keep players fresh 

Tactically things look fine. I would favor some more hard work in the midfield from one of the two 8's. AP + MEZ combo seems a bit easy for the opposition to bully. A CM(s) might be a nice sub for the AP.  Moving the Mez to (s) would also work if you wanted to keep the AP. On that note you might look to add some size to the squad, I think a number of those players are quite light weight. Would also consider dropping the counter press as a starting TI, it'll help you manage the course of the season a bit better. 

I feel like I need counter pressing to stamp our presence on the opponents but I will try it out 

I would add work ball into the box - as you're currently allowing your players the freedom to choose between long shots, crossing or patiently building it into the area. I believe Akman isn't the best in the air and you have technically gifted players so I'd initially look to present clear opportunities and maybe remove the option in the 2nd half if you haven't scored. 

Because you're managing a top team in the league I'd expect many clubs will end up defending deep and limiting the space so you might want to add run at defence so your players are more prone to beating opposition players and opening space up in the final third. 

I'd also consider switching the mezella to the left side of the pitch as you currently have two players on attack mentality on the right side of the pitch but none on the left.

Edited by silentwars

5 hours ago, Fmhnunter said:

I feel like I need counter pressing to stamp our presence on the opponents but I will try it out 

I agree, but use it for sections of matches instead. Playing flat out from the start will have diminishing returns in the match and the season. 

9 hours ago, Fmhnunter said:

I think we’re lacking the control aspect in some games especially in away games . I would like to control the game more in our favour or produce more chances 

I would start with removing „Counter“. When activated, players will immediately look for aggressive movement after winning back possession and quick transitions. That’s usually counterintuitive if you are looking to control the match.

But controlling the match doesn’t mean better results per se. You may need to make further adjustments.

Firstly thank you to everyone who had responded. Secondly,Like what adjustments? 

16 hours ago, CARRERA said:

I would start with removing „Counter“. When activated, players will immediately look for aggressive movement after winning back possession and quick transitions. That’s usually counterintuitive if you are looking to control the match.

But controlling the match doesn’t mean better results per se. You may need to make further adjustments.

6 hours ago, Fmhnunter said:

Like what adjustments?

Well, you have to re-evaluate your performance on the pitch. You may need more people to make runs, or play more positional in general. Properbly changes to tempo are nessecary.

Thats why I said „more control“ doesn’t mean better results per se. It’s a different play style and there are many ways to success.