[FM20] A journey through Sweden

DaneBramage

a4473c7166680a1345ed60d4c59175d0.png

Why Tyresö FF? I've been learning Swedish for just over a year, so I wanted to start a Swedish lower-league save. Picking this particular team was just dumb luck, using the randomise button until a club in the bottom tier was selected.

What's their history like? Information is pretty minimal on Wikipedia, not updated in several years. But as far as I can tell it's not a glittering past. There were a couple of years in the second tier (1985 and 1990), but other than that the rest of their history has been spent between the third and fifth tiers.

How are the facilities? Very much as you'd expect for this level. Poor training facilities, poor youth facilities, fairly basic academy coaching, and basic youth recruitment.

Finances? There is a bit of cash, just under £125,000. I assume it will disappear very quickly.

Youth only, probably? I've tried youth only before, and never got far with it. So there's every chance I'll fail miserably, in which case I may pivot to a Scandi journeyman career instead.

Expectations for the 2020 season? In the holidayed 2019 season the club finished 11th out of 14. 12th place goes into a relegation play-off, while 13th and 14th are sent down automatically. So they just avoided trouble. This year the board want us to avoid relegation, and the media predict that we'll finish 11th again.

Game Set-Up? All out-of-the-box leagues are loaded for Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Iceland, and Finland. The top division has also been added for the major European nations.

Spoiler

1761c2a74b76e5a6654ea91418463da1.png

Edited by DaneBramage

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyresö FF - 2020 Pre-Season Squad

It's difficult to read too much into this, but at least there does agree to be some degree of quality in most areas of the pitch. There aren't many defenders in the senior squad, but the reserves and U19 squads are full so there are players available when we need them.

The top two players by PA are 4.5 star midfielder Milan Hussein, and winger Joel Embring. Between them they have a total of one technical attribute in double-figures, so standards aren't the highest.

Spoiler

f71450ac526e1bc17d2aeb82645c0fd0.png

Spoiler

b6f5d7ae87e4cc65667f01cb96b386f5.png

The favourite players of the fans will include Lukas Brikell, who holds the appearance record with 134 games (scoring 12 times), and all-time top scorer Niclas Thomasson, who has 38 goals (in 77 games). Both players came through the academy here.

Spoiler

fab29cfe9f3932858407dad9b1f4a8d4.png

Spoiler

453c7dde71dcb5c83b163a6a826c648a.png

a81773829976242bd7f1d18fec40a146.png

Tyresö FF - April 2020

I'm very happy with this first month, but there is still the suspicion that it's just the new manager bounce in play.

We came flying out of the blocks to start the season with two wins, Musa Dibba with all the goals in these games to make a great first impression.

The next two matches didn't quite go as smoothly, both times fighting back from being behind to take a draw, but we're still undefeated.

After four games (out of 26) we sit in 3rd place.

2dfb2c79764493ff3574f176e327f955.png

Tyresö FF - May 2020

I knew our unbeaten opening to the season wouldn't last forever, but the way it ended was pretty disappointing. 

We were on a bit of high after the big win over Huddinge IF, and a trip to bottom of the table Hanvikens SK shouldn't have troubled us, but we were completely off the pace and deserved to lose.

That wasn't even the worst loss of the month though. Despite equalising against Västerhaninge IF in the 93rd minute, we then conceded again immediately from kick-off. Infuriating.

But it's easy to dwell on the negatives. So forget that, and look at three green dots below. Nine points from a possible 15. That's good going, and we are now 2nd after nine games, behind only Assyriska IF i Norrköping.

f1c60826bd1cef718b641116206ea2fd.png

Tyresö FF - June 2020

Another good month, though it is starting to become apparent that we struggle away from home. We're winless in four games on our travels, and it would have been even worse were it not for Jesper Sunderlin saving a penalty against Enskede IK.

At home though we're producing the goods, scoring seven goals in two wins against the similarly named Assyriska FF and Assyriska IF i Norrköping. 

b970e4c00d82e80381b12b8f03ac4550.png

At one point this month we were top, at another we'd fallen to 4th. But at the close of the month and the halfway point of the season we sit in 2nd place, though it's all very close and there are a lot of teams still in the mix.

The winners are automatically promoted, the runners-up go into a play-off.

d95beab9109f94931a2e36886cee5760.png

Tyresö FF - July 2020

A bright start to July was followed up with a pathetic defensive display against IFK Haninge, and a pair of pathetic attacking efforts against IFK Aspudden-Tellus and Trosa-Vagnhärad SK. 

The fining stick came out in full force, eight players lost at least a day's pay.

We've now dropped down to 6th place.

f36e65f681f4f6aa81b94995697e6cf5.png

Tyresö FF - August 2020

We've just about laboured to eight points this month, but it's pretty undeserved. We've been really poor. We've just completely lost the ability to play competent attacking football, all of our starting forwards are out of form and don't ever look like scoring. We've had to rely on moments of quality from defensive players, or back-ups, to step up and rescue results.

Even when we finally did look halfway decent against Västerhaninge IF, we then wasted the opportunity to win when Joel Embring blasted a penalty wide.

The fining stick saw more action this month, I think Niclas Thomasson has lost pay on four occasions over the last two months.

1fcb022fa7d9f6cd8021c426924dda19.png

Despite these woes we have somehow made up a place, but with four games left automatic promotion is out of the question, and I wouldn't put any money on us grabbing the play-off spot.

fec8bcec00983251bed9648e67c2d67a.png

Tyresö FF - September 2020

We played some great football at times this month. We blew Assyriska FF away in an easy victory, and the goal by Lucas Brikell against Enskede IK was a joy to behold. You have to enjoy an unbeaten month, and eight points was a good return.

But there were also the usual moments of ineptitude. We were coasting to an easy win against IK Sleipner but somehow threw away a two goal lead, and a red card for Fredrik Jacobsson ruined our day against Assyriska IF i Norrköping. The AssMan advised that the sending-off was harsh, but I gave him a two week fine nonetheless.

9527b74541ad2fc7d452344fc3ae7626.png

The win on the final day was an important one as it kept us above Enskede IK. The dropped points in the prior two games actually cost us promotion, but nevermind. I didn't see that as being on the cards at the start of the year so shouldn't rue it too much now.

Surprised to see that we had the second best defence in the division, didn't feel that way at times, but we did score the joint fewest goals of the top five.

67281f7ffa0005d5e71a5d06b9b1fa2b.png

Tyresö FF - 2020 Season Review

I'm pleased with our overall performance this season. We considerably overachieved compared to expectations, and instead of hoping to avoid relegation, we instead came were in the mix for promotion.

There were of course moments of major frustration, especially at silly points we missed out on, but it's definitely a good first year and something to build on.

A bit annoying that we didn't take part in any cups. A look at Wiki solved that - apparently the top two league enter, and then the rest of the entrants are selected by the regional district FAs. Looks like we don't make the cut, but hopefully it varies and we will be included in future.

We've lost £140k since the start of the season, so something that makes money would come in helpful.

2d590600e6f9f1e201b246c9aabcb584.png

---------------------------------------------

That being said, few players covered themselves with glory. 

There's a distinct lack of green in the average rating column, as Lucas Brikell was the only member of the squad to record an average over 7.00. He was also voted the fan's player of the year.

Jesper Sundelin generally impressed in goal, with 10 clean sheets he was the best stopper in the division.

The lack of goals was a disappointment, as nobody scored more than six.

Right-back Hampus Andersson did well to register seven assists.

cb6164791aa9157fffd2d5070bc0a9a8.png

The Reserves finished 5th in their second tier group.

The Under 19s finished 1st in their third tier group, and have been promoted

Tyresö FF - 2020 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

Our AssMan has a JPP stat of 6 though, so let's take his judgement with a big pinch of salt. And that's before you take into account our poor facilities, and the bad personalities and determination stats listed here

So let's just assume they're going to be rubbish.

But considering we're a semi-pro fourth tier side, that still might be enough to make an impression.

You can't turn your nose up at two players with 5.0 star potential, plus another at 4.5 and two more at 4.0. And when one of them has 2.0 star current ability, perhaps they'll be good enough to step in sooner rather than later (albeit in a position we don't use, and don't have any senior players to judge him against).

All players are from Sweden, and 14 of them are hometown boys.

Spoiler

5901298900f42cb1fb61a52a69f5903c.png

Spoiler

ec5462cbf1ac9bf6d3f439bf34c9d8ce.png

Spoiler

cb25843a16b0eaa1a52a87d89b48ec27.png

e7dbb751ae806a36457ca605cc275c05.png

Tyresö FF - 2021 Pre-Season

The Swedish winter break is really long, and also really boring when you're not signing anybody. Almost five months with nothing to do before starting friendlies in February.

Our overperformance last year now has the bookies fancying us a bit more, giving odds of 4-1 for promotion, and the media is predicting us to finish 6th.

We did get some money coming into the club through new sponsorship deals and membership fees, but not enough to convince the board to start making any upgrades.

A few reserves and back-ups left when their contracts expired, but we retained all regular starters. A couple of younger players have been bumped up to fill out the senior squad, including Victor Grillhammar who scored 26 times for the Under 19 squad last year.

c54dd6f3de917e998f7a26432a8e0b38.png

Tyresö FF - April 2021

I was really fed up after these first three matches. 48 shots, just nine on target, and only one goal. 18% shot accuracy, and 2% shot conversion. Both starting strikers on long goal droughts. Useless.

Out of desperation I switched to 4-5-1 for the trip to Assyriska FF, and after a slow first-half, we suddenly came alive after the interval and started scoring to pick up our first win of the campaign.

After four games we sit in 8th place.

4b5b59b2d5a01cb8059335c389872fb8.png

Tyresö FF - May 2021

The 4-5-1 is working really well. We're scoring plenty of goals, and it's five wins from the last six games. There was a bit of a defensive disaster against Enskede IK, but otherwise there's nothing to be annoyed about this month.

In particular Milan Hussein is thriving in this new set-up. He had one league goal prior to this month, before hitting the net six times in five games.

We still have the weakest shots on target percentage at 36%, but our conversation rate is now up to 12%, which is the average for the division.

We've recovered to 3rd in the table, two points off the top.

4d115205f4baa24893c91ce70617c8c5.png

59361d62544f828ede9d92025317bc17.png

Tyresö FF - June 2021

Lovely stuff, we're flying at the moment. Keeping four clean sheets in a row always comes in nicely, and plenty of goals at the other end of the pitch mean we keep sending our fans happy. There aren't too many of them mind (average 160-180 attendance for home games), but they're chuffed nonetheless.

Victor Grillhammar (ST) has moved into the starting line-up and has repaid the faith with three goals, but even that's been surpassed by Philip Karlsson (AMC) grabbing five assists in the last three games.

505c0890d8b9bd17d755123ada881f1f.png

We've moved up into 2nd place at the halfway point of the season. We're in good form, but IF Sylvia ahead of us are in even better form. They were the side relegated from tier 3 last year, so it's no surprise they're doing well.

We're scoring a lot more than them though, as well as (narrowly) having the better defence. 

b481a0b73caee75adfeb8a9f125acefb.png

Tyresö FF - July 2021

I clearly got too excited in June, as we've returned to our wasteful worst this month, and the excitement dried up along with the goals.

Three bore draws won't inspire anyone, and the 58 shots we had in these games without scoring was woeful. A missed penalty by Milan Hussein against Assyriska FF added salt to the wound.

We've now fallen into 3rd place, three points behind IF Sylvia and two behind Arameisk-Syriankska IF.

3b1411a4be282e01fb7a29187f4e7885.png

Tyresö FF - August 2021

A mixed month, with the usual frustrations but also enough plus points to just about call it a positive one.

We won more than we lost, but had the usual wasteful up top. We top the division on possession passing, shots taken, and goals from set pieces, but we're just not clinical enough from open play. If we can sort that out we'd be deadly.

Not losing to IF Sylvia was vital, but beating them would have done us the world of good.

b3eb083e017b240f03d024044ccdf978.png

Four teams still in the mix, for one automatic and one play-off place.

Could go either way. We play FC Gute next and Aramesik-Syrianska on the final day, so it's not an easy run-in.

280e1eea1a1d7586db7d536d17ccf3d3.png

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - September 2021

Pathetic. The win on the final day didn't matter, we'd already messed it up by then.

1d3d0e92289bff1116a5e569eafc6b9f.png

Not happy at all.

The form column tells it's own story. With Arameisk-Syrianska FF and IF Sylvia both slumping the door was wide open for us to take advantage, instead we threw it away.

c687d04ef1db9b9d9fdc3e20614a1786.png

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - 2021 Season Review

5608fc1d0a1374957f106d15674ee818.png

We've finished a position higher than last year, but because we were so close to a chance of promotion before missing out it feels much worse.

Ending the year with a positive bank balance hopefully means the board will be more likely to sanction some upgrades over the winter.

I'm begrudgingly picking out some of the better performers, though with how the year ended I just want to call them all a bunch of miserable cowards and bottlers.

Jesper Sundelin improved on last year, keeping 12 clean sheets this season.

The midfield pairing of Milan Hussein and Lucas Brikell both hit an average rating over 7.00, and racked up a decent amount of goals, assists, and MotM awards between them.

Philip Karlsson was the only player to reach double figures for goal contributions, with 11 assists making up the majority of this tally.

The strikers were largely terrible, Musa Dibba top scoring with just eight.

117262ad04ecab81f42e17ad2283171a.png

The Reserves finished 3rd in their second tier group.

The Under 19s finished top of their second tier group, but missed out on successive promotions after finishing bottom of the promotion group.

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - 2021 Youth Intake

A golden generation! - or in Swedish - en gyllene generation!

Obviously that probably means nothing, but the determination levels are generally higher than last year, so perhaps that means this bunch have a better chance of making it. Shame that most of the poor determination levels are among the top rated players though.

It's interesting to note that last year we didn't have any players with second nationalities, everyone was Swedish only. But this time, with no changes to our youth set-up, we now have six players with four different second nationalities.

5dab2ee0ccb040bc0da574abaeef5e35.png

Tyresö FF - April 2022

We didn't lose anyone from our senior squad over the winter break, so we go into the new season with the same group of players.

Pestering the chairman for upgrades worked, as we were able to get improvements applied to our junior coaching (average) and youth recruitment (fairly basic).

The board want a top-half finish this year, the media have lost interest and don't think we'll do any better than midtable.

We've made a very good start to the season, with four wins and just one blip. A strong defensive effort has been key to this.

Jesper Falk is one of my centre-backs. He's actually the shortest of them, just under 6ft2, but he's been a menace in the opposition area with three headed goals from corners.

We sit top of the table at this stage, with four teams just a couple of points behind us.

e6a1c45d9f672ef40b8b5d86d122b98e.png

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - June 2022

The Syrianska FC game could have gone either way, losing was a bit harsh but they took their chances and we didn't.

Through the rest of the month we were better going forward, scoring three goals in each game, but a bit of defensive mistakes allowed Newroz FC to take a point from us. I've just noticed that they're bottom of the table with barely any points, so that's actually really annoying.

20b Magnus Ternstedt became the first academy graduate to make his debut. I need to start involving these lads more, not just for the long-term nature of this, but also to keep my vice captain Lucas Brikell happy. He complained about a lack of squad depth, and I told him the young players would step up. Hopefully just our general performance will be enough to placate him. 

8635838b2b2cb53e36a0e986141faa35.png

A five point lead, and we're the top scorers at the halfway point.

e28d065d3e6ecd8454ccd09730985a5b.png

Tyresö FF - July 2022

We've been stupidly inconsistent this month because nearly every game, and this has been going on for a while, at least one player underperforms and just doesn't deserve to be on the pitch. So then I have to fine them and drop them from the next game, so there's no consistency in starting line-up. It's not even the same player each time, it's rotating around the pitch and can be anyone at any time.

We're conceding goals every game, never enough for it to be a disaster, but enough to ensure we're losing and drawing more than we're winning.

And yet, it has to be considered a good month. Twice we've rescued results with stoppage-time goals. And while we've been inconsistent, our rivals have too. We stay in 1st place, keeping a five point lead.

Also, in each of the last six games at least one academy graduate has started. Perhaps this is also a part of the reason why we haven't been as impressive, but it should benefit in the long run. 

526c498ce51e360883b282ada746c6b8.png

Tyresö FF - August 2022

I was fuming after the loss to Åtvidaberg FF, a side that hadn't won in their previous six games. And the loss to Nyköpings BIS did nothing to improve my mood as well slipped to 2nd in the table

I took control for the match against Syrianska FC, and it looked like it would be a frustrating day. But constant use of the Push Forward and Demand More shouts finally saw us make the breakthrough in the dying minutes.

The trip to IFK Aspudden-Tellus didn't follow the usual pattern, as we made very few chances. We only had one shot on target, but we took it.

a4c766ec4dd781567ab69b534da56048.png

When Nyköpings BIS beat us they overhauled us at the top, but they couldn't maintain it and we've pulled back ahead.

Our final four games are against IF Sylvia (4th), Hanvikens SK (11th), Newroz FC (14th), and Enskede IK (3rd).

Slip up again and there are several teams ready to pounce.

4c4f251190230e89185e65af834dabe9.png

Tyresö FF - September 2022

These players are going every they can to avoid getting promoted, but with one game left we're still in the driving seat.

We lost to IF Syvlia in the 96th minute. And how have we been humbled by bottom of the table Newroz FC for a second time this year?

a098b193d67cea2cadff43f82ccb2d5a.png

And the final game? Against Enskede IK of course.

16ad478d9ef34a229f576daa0025cd1b.png

Tyresö FF - 2022 Season Review

We're never going to get promoted.

60ef2cce48196bf5355ef7f3d34f4e92.png

Milan Hussein had a great season. Equal top goalscorer, and by far the most assists, MotM awards, and highest average rating,

Everyone else was varying degrees of terrible.

914e523212c071c046652f025a22aa64.png

The first academy graduates have made their debuts, though none of them made an impression.

94f73de5fce963e4a38caf1a53ab9c7a.png

The Reserves won their second tier group. Doesn't look like they get promoted, I guess the groupings are tied to the senior sides' placings.

The Under 19s finished 4th in their second tier group.

Tyresö FF - 2022 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

A lot of potential again, which still probably doesn't mean much.

But the much better personalities and determination attributes are pleasing.

Nothing's been done to influence that, staff recruitment is delegated at the moment, so it's just RNG.

Three new nationalities in this group.

d5f5b2e42eb308de68127be5a9e8c768.png

Tyresö FF - May 2023

We couldn't get any upgrades agreed over the winter, but at least the board did pay for me to on a training course.

5fe5892c3b7c1e749b320b3a2318b4f3.png

There are pretty much no expectations this year, the board just want a top-half finish and the media expect midtable mediocrity.

And the first few games of the season suggested that even that may be out of reach, as we were dreadful. Just one win from the first six games, and we went three in a row without even scoring.

I went for the only tactical change I know, going from 4-4-2 to 4-5-1, and luckily that triggered an immediate improvement with successive wins.

We sit in 7th place.

621b99a7096e3f132a7ae225994a5c60.png

Tyresö FF - June 2023

Our revival ended just as quickly as it started. We made it to three wins in a row, and then just stopped scoring. On the plus side at least we're not conceding many either.

We've risen a place to 6th, but in terms of points we're a lot closer to the relegation spots than promotion contention.

b1c60a5ccb025a8fe876cb7892a9a138.png

For some reason though I am in demand, with four clubs inviting me to interviews this month. Three of them were from teams in higher divisions, including, bizarrely, a second tier side.

Superettan - Sandvikens IF (7th)

Division 1 Norra - Karlsberg BK (8th) and Örebro Syriankska (15th)

Division 2 Södra - Syrianska FC (11th)

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - August 2023

This season is just a complete disaster. Nothing we try works for more than three games at a time before we just collapse again.

With five games left we're in 6th place, nowhere near the top and just five points above the relegation places.

022cd2f2f78a3ac6ddccc9800fe16eb1.png

For some reason other sides are still interested in me, another approach coming from a team two tiers higher.

Superettan - Västerås SK FK (11th)

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - September 2023

We finally found some form! It's too late to mean anything, but at least it gives us some positivity to carry into the off-season.

Digging back through some old tactics I have saved I found a 4-1-4-1 that seems to have done a decent job.

The only loss this period came against Assyriska FF, and we were doomed from the second minute when left-back 20g Jesper Engström was sent-off.

At the other end of the newgen scale, in the win over Arameisk-Syrianska IF 22d Giovanni Toninato became the first academy graduate to score for the club.

c840b652f009c5be39bd7925065000ac.png

Not enough goals seems like an obvious thing to say when you've had a disappointing year, but I think by anyone's standards just 33 goals from 26 games isn't up to scratch.

We did enough overall to clinch a 5th place finish, so it's not completely awful, but the poor start and middle off the season gave us too much to do at the end.

58dbac866e60bd08e692abe4fef443d4.png

Tyresö FF - 2023 Season Review

Our worst season yet. The final position wasn't drastically worse, only a couple of places lower, but it was a drop-off of nine goals and seven points.

Making a profit is an unexpected bonus. Hopefully we can use this to get some upgrades actioned over the winter.

5c04a52dc6123162ca355b2e68221010.png

Philip Karlsson had a quietly productive season. I hadn't really noticed him, but he ended up top scorer and also had the highest average rating, while chipping in with a few assists.

Hampus Andersson did well to get seven assists from right-back.

Although the stats didn't necessarily reflect it, as Jesper Sundelin kept a lot more clean sheets and conceded fewer goals per game, results improved once Esteban Robles came into the team so he'll likely be promoted to first choice going forward.

ff26b643454735244518e8d25a21ccd5.png

Five more academy players made their debuts this season. 22d Giovanni Toninato became the first to score a goal, and also has joint most appearances of the graduates.

c9c1371cc4c89554ad24d732c3e0789e.png

The Reserves won their second tier group, but aren't eligible for promotion.

The Under 19s won their second tier group and then the play-off, and will be promoted to the U19 Premier Division.

Between them these teams have won their leagues five times out of eight, the board would probably be better off ditching me and bumping one of these managers up in my place.

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - 2023 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

A whole bunch of potential, which will likely never be reached. Particularly as we'd need to come up with a formation that includes three right wingers to include each of the top prospects.

There's lot of terrible personalities and a lack of determination in this group.

Four new nationalities this year, two from Europe and two South American.

29175943104d325c9e1b84ab68dc1b40.png

Tyresö FF - May 2024

We improved our junior coaching over our winter, up to an adequate standard.

We also had some significant outgoings, with our starting goalkeeper, centre-back, and striker all being released, due to a mixture of age and lack of quality. Four academy players have been promoted into the senior squad to replace them.

But the biggest upheaval was our opposition for the coming season - we've been moved from the Södra Svealand into the Norrland, so we'll be playing an entirely new group of teams this year. We're definitely not located in the north, so that's going to produce some long away days.

Expectations remain the same though, midtable mediocrity.

We've made a pretty good start to the year with four wins from eight. Our away form is carrying us at the moment, with three wins on our travels but only one at home.

We're just not playing particularly cohesively. We've gained points when we've been second best, and also lost games we've dominated. So it's too early to see how the season will play out.

I hope it gets a bit more interesting though. We're averaging only just over one goal per game, and conceding the exact same amount too. I've made a few adjustments to the tactic, but it seems like when I try to improve one area, it makes a different one worse. So still plenty of work to be done.

After the first couple of months we sit in 5th place.

73fb5fa30a4d51819cd35bcbf59e8388.png

16 hours ago, TelcontarTargaryen said:

Always a fan of youth only.

Same here. Never really had any luck attempting it myself, but read plenty of great threads on here with it.

The difficulty at the moment is forcing myself to integrate the academy players who aren't ready yet, while still maintaining results. All I can do is just go for it and hope for the best.

Tyresö FF - June 2024

After six games without a win I was starting to think these players had given up even trying to win. Being 2-1 down to the side bottom of the table didn't help, yet a miraculous turnaround in stoppage-time against Bodens BK saved the laptop from being launched out the window.

In the search for results I had dropped all academy players apart from one for that tie, and 22d Giovanni Toninato repaid that faith with the opening goal. He's currently our joint highest scorer this year, with a grand total of three.

7eed56bbae619c84e3b95e0ca9d34e4a.png

I've had enough of my main senior striker Niclas Thomasson. Two goals in 13 games so far this season, nowhere near good enough.

Get out of my club.

0dfdea836c938421874cdc026941796c.png

We've dropped away to 8th in the table at the halfway point, and our goal difference has fallen below zero.

It's all very close in the middle, a couple of wins in a row could send us hurtling up the table, but it also wouldn't take much to put us in a relegation fight.

09c3124e7fa986726f8d4d29b5a1beb8.png

I'm still in demand for some reason, by a club who should be aiming for much better. 

Superettan - Göteborgs AIS (12th)

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - July 2024

A quiet month for goals, but a good one for results.

Seven points out of nine in the away games is notable, we have the best away form in the league. Our home record is still poor though, we need to get that together to stand a chance of pushing on this year.

We've risen a place to 7th in the table on 26 points. It's still so tight, the gap up to 2nd is just two points.

ada2130ffba7f9bdc38b0d9f7510a9b8.png

Yet another invitation to interview for a job I'm not qualified in any way for.

Superettan - Örgryte IS (7th)

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - August 2024

After last month suggested we might be seeing an upturn in form we went back to being awful this month.

A change in formation back to 4-5-1 and dropping the youngsters saw us finally get a result at the end of the month, a rare home win at that.

Milan Hussein was pretty much our only good player in the last two seasons, he's been poor this season but has padded his number with four goals this period, including three from the spot.

We've fallen to 9th with four games left. We won't get relegated, but promotion is now a long way out of reach.

1ca3cbb6a4bca1d524f95f7fca16d6a9.png

One more ridiculous interview offer.

Superettan - Jönköpings Södra (7th)

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - September 2024

We started the month with a spark of brilliance, but quickly settled back into the usual pattern

A disappointing end to a disappointing season.

At least 22d Giovanni Toninato ended the year strong.

6cd32ed3fb7c66c6cd1c1b179eabc542.png

We finished comfortably away from the relegation area, but the gap to the top was even larger. 

We ended up five points down from last year, and 12 points down from our peak in 2021.

In addition to the lowest points tally to date, it was also our season with the fewest wins, most losses, fewest goals, and lowest goal difference.

05b1ccba551afc9125cb63c8901abda7.png

Another interview offer. In each of the last three months this has come from the Superettan club in 7th place. There must be something about that spot that makes chairpeople panic.

Superettan - Mjällby AIF (7th)

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - 2024 Season Review

Not a fun season. By far the worse one yet. At no point did we win more than two games in a row, and that only happened twice.

Our junior coaching has improved, but the additional costs have drained our bank balance. So it's unlikely we'll get anything more approved this off-season.

91b5bfe6c53c1ade57a896f9ddd84c48.png

I can't say that anyone impressed this year. Poor performances all round. Nobody reached double-figures for goal contributions.

1cbc9316c457aaf95adf109146b6b500.png

Three more academy graduates made their debuts this year.

22d Giovanni Toninato was a regular starter and has played a lot more than the others, and also has a few goals to his name.

Spoiler

a18baac445ce0ad6b41d61e387a16f99.png

ba8615c7dbf97e56fdf5d13e0d370393.png

The Reserves won their second tier group, but can't be promoted.

The Under 19s were horrendously out of their depth in the U19 Premier Division, and were relegated with just two wins to show for their efforts.

Tyresö FF - 2024 Youth Intake

A golden generation!

Another right winger coming through at the top of the group. It's a mixed bag when it comes to determination, but at least the better personalities are mainly amongst the higher rated players.

One new nationality this year, a lad from Turkey.

a71189abd7c7ab715cf0268dd2d0304b.png

Tyresö FF - November 2024

Our best player decided to leave the club when his contract expired.

He'd been unhappy for a while about squad depth, and couldn't be convinced that the youngsters coming in to the team were good enough (probably correctly to be honest).

RIP Milan Hussein.

ae94313d8f9d9567a5a7cb96d73433d2.png

Tyresö FF - May 2025

As previously detailed, star player Milan Hussein left over the winter. Nobody else from the senior squad followed him, thought the first academy graduates left the club to join teams in the lower divisions.

We couldn't get any upgrades improved in the off-season, but the board did agree to action this at the end of the season if we played enough youngsters throughout the year.

After our one year competing in the Division 2 Norrland, we're now back to the more familiar surroundings of the Division 2 Södra Svealand.

For some reason I've ended up picking Ruben Lindström as my starting striker, despite his finishing attribute of 1. Yet he's performed well so far, scoring four times, including two winning goals.

I'm back to my 4-5-1 formation and we've made a good start, winning six of our first nine matches. Only once have we failed to score, and in that game we only lost to a 92nd minute set piece.

At this early stage we're in 2nd place, two points behind IF Sylvia.

d5a6b7a6873cc00459fafad4bb31b308.png

Tyresö FF - July 2025

A really disappointing follow-up to the good start. Some of these results were inexcusable, there's no reason for not picking up more points.

We had 26 shots against Hanvikens SK, and against Södertälje FK we had another 21, in addition to playing for nearly an hours against ten men.

Nearly all of our goals in this period came from midfielders, with one from a defender. We haven't had a striker score in 10 games.

c6d70945849686ba563b5d505b060535.png

We've dropped one place but we're still in the mix for the play-off spot.

Last year we were poor at home but had a good away record. This time it's reversed, we haven't won in our last five away games.

0dacce222d729f0375123fd33b0f6cdc.png

This is the second time this lot have invited me for an interview.

Superettan - Örgryte IS (10th)

Edited by DaneBramage

Tyresö FF - August 2025

I was fuming about not beating Nynäshamns IF. A home tie, against the side bottom of the league, when we had more than 20 shots. Just pitiful.

We then got hammered by Arameisk-Syrianska IF, despite bossing that game as well.

I changed our 4-5-1, pulling back the shadow striker (AMC, attack) to ball-winning midfielder (MC, defence). I also changed the deep-lying playmaker (MC, support) to mezzala (MC, support).

Whether that was tactical genius or just luck remains up for debate (I'd vote for the latter), but we proceeded to pick up seven points from the next three games.

20b Magnus Ternstedt and 22l Johan Persson both scored their first goals for the club this month, while 22d Giovanni Toninato reached 50 appearances.

Spoiler

bdfdfa4685e0d000d3a576b6b0a01f4d.png

With four games left we're in 4th place, five points behind Arameisk-Syrianska in 2nd.

6cb637d8da4c419cbeef2a5f3e607a25.png

The newest unlikely interview request is the first from a top-tier club. Madness. I even double-checked my manager profile to make sure I hadn't set it up with too high a reputation in error, but it was definitely based on the division I'm in. These clubs must be desperate.

Allsvenskan - GIF Sundsvall (14th)

Tyresö FF - September 2025

A good end to the season.

The win on the final day relegated Huddinge IF, but I'm more interested in 25a Isaac Brikell scoring on his debut. He's only just come through in the 2025 youth intake, and after scoring twice on his Under 19 debut I very quickly promoted him to the senior team. As normal the youth intake info will follow after the end of season review, and it's an exciting one.

5cc18e5c4d097cc541d2e57b1a8546d3.png

I'm happy with this. Last year was a bit of a disaster, and we've played much better this time around.

There's obviously been a few frustrations along the way, as there always will be, but we never went on any long spells of poor form. 

Our record point tally is 47, so 46 shows we're on the way up again, especially after the nadir of just 35 last time.

44c38697bccca132c75af3767c8a79e1.png

Tyresö FF - 2025 Season Review

There have been plenty of seasons where I've looked back feeling negative, but this isn't one of them.

A much better league campaign than last year, academy graduates starting to make an impact on the first-team, and an insane prospect joining us.

Plus the board followed through on their promise, rewarding the inclusion of more young players by improving the quality of junior coaching.

b6f5dcfb01568e86eca41132ce3a7701.png

The average ratings don't look much better than previous years, but I'm pretty sure I issued a lot fewer fines than normal, so there must have been fewer poor performances.

There's still not much in terms of individuals contributing large totals, but both Joel Embring and Philip Karlsson hit double-figures for combined goals and assists.

3f132f5ba713f44c30080ede5a23701f.png

Three more academy players made their debuts this season.

22d Giovanni Toninato has played a lot more than any others, but there's a few more goals on the list now.

And the most recent debutant, 25a Isaac Brikell, is sure to feature a lot more next year.

643e1b347512bf11ccfd638a9d578b03.png

The Reserves came 2nd in their second tier group.

The Under 19s finished 5th in their second tier group.

Edited by DaneBramage