UEFA competitions squad; how to change rules?

Yuko

Hi, been trying to find this answer for a while now but cannot seem to.

I want to edit the UEFA competitions quota limits. 

The current setup as everyone knows is that you have a 25 squad limit, where 17 spots are free, 4 must go to homegrown (Association Trained) players and 4 must go to club grown (Club Trained) players. 

This appears to be part of the Continent rules and not in the competition rules which I've managed to isolate. Can someone advise how to enter those rules? 

What I want to change is the number of spots, either gradually (slight increase at end of season 1, slight increase at end of season 2 etc) or a one-off change that sets it to 8 association trained and 6 club trained players out of 25, leaving only 11 free spots. 

11 hours ago, Yuko said:

Hi, been trying to find this answer for a while now but cannot seem to.

I want to edit the UEFA competitions quota limits. 

The current setup as everyone knows is that you have a 25 squad limit, where 17 spots are free, 4 must go to homegrown (Association Trained) players and 4 must go to club grown (Club Trained) players. 

This appears to be part of the Continent rules and not in the competition rules which I've managed to isolate. Can someone advise how to enter those rules? 

What I want to change is the number of spots, either gradually (slight increase at end of season 1, slight increase at end of season 2 etc) or a one-off change that sets it to 8 association trained and 6 club trained players out of 25, leaving only 11 free spots. 

The continent fixture rules are numbered and the number of the fixture rule is set in the competition, so that's why you set the rules at continent level, while using them in the competition.

49 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

The continent fixture rules are numbered and the number of the fixture rule is set in the competition, so that's why you set the rules at continent level, while using them in the competition.

How do I do that? 

The example I have here is from Germany, but the concept works the same for Germany as for the European Cups.

In the screenshot you see the list which starts with Germany. Under that you will find the fixture rules. Fixture rule 3 is the rule for German first division aka Bundesliga.

When you convert the European Competition to advanced rules you will find Europe instead of Germany and you will need to click through the competitions to see which fixture is set for the Champions Cup.

image.thumb.png.e554e1a25b77b000a22fe393c290618d.png

If you have set the fixture rule to your liking and you want to be sure that the competition takes over the fixture rules, go to the competiton (in this case Bundesliga). Under Fixture times and rules you will find the tab Fixture rules and this one corresponds to rule three as in the screenshot above. In case you find -1 there, you can change it your fixture rule number.

image.thumb.png.38dd5e1f326964efbee4e4cf6a31a59d.png

@Wolf_pd appreciate the effort. 

Thing is, in order to edit the European competitions I have to do a workaround where I set them as part of a country and then edit said country.

This is all I see

image.png.6a1103e49a83d224600e00188cf1c367.png

All the competitions have these rules, but I cannot seem to locate them.

image.png.68191e5d0515b8d242bddb723091dea8.png

If I unclick that, I'll have to redo the entire set of rules by myself and I'm going in blind as I don't really know what's involved. I'm supposed to find this in an xml file, but I don't know where that's located as it's for Europe and not a specific nation.

56 minutes ago, Yuko said:

@Wolf_pd appreciate the effort. 

Thing is, in order to edit the European competitions I have to do a workaround where I set them as part of a country and then edit said country.

This is all I see

image.png.6a1103e49a83d224600e00188cf1c367.png

All the competitions have these rules, but I cannot seem to locate them.

image.png.68191e5d0515b8d242bddb723091dea8.png

If I unclick that, I'll have to redo the entire set of rules by myself and I'm going in blind as I don't really know what's involved. I'm supposed to find this in an xml file, but I don't know where that's located as it's for Europe and not a specific nation.

once you have the file set as a continental rules file [I suggest you researching this as you seem pretty confused]

if you are viewing the UEFA comps using a nation the fixture rules you are seeing is that of the nation- you wont see the continental fixture rules

once set to a continent file 

you then have to add manually the fixture rules you want

9b9da200bf3c00ca64e30bfe7a496c1d.jpg

then edit the squad rules you want

7eaf28c0c711136e526186c3bf2265c8.jpg

with the various comps they should be set to this

dc1e4cd23e950ac65cc2a5e3a5500041.jpg

Edited by Roy Race 9

9 hours ago, Roy Race 9 said:

once you have the file set as a continental rules file [I suggest you researching this as you seem pretty confused]

Of course I'm confused, that's why I made the post :)

You jumped through a lot here to get there.

How do I set to Continental Rules without having to recreate the entire competition structure?

I can also just add the Rules to the Competitions using the file I have if it's just a manual work rather than edit some entries.  

If you have screenshots of what the "1" Continental Rules are, I could recreate them manually I suppose. I just don't want to play around with it and perhaps miss important aspects and make the competitions unplayable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...