(FM23) 3 players on international duty during FA Cup FInal

Exactly as the title says, so i'm Leeds and got to the fa cup final in the first season after a nice run. Only to be gutted when 3 first team players Adams, Mckennie and Harrison are all on international duty for USA. WTF... is this a bug? Surely if they made it to the fa cup final IRL they would be allowed to play in it rather than NA nations league? 

Whats your thoughts guys, should this be reported as a bug? is it likely to happen IRL? an fa cup final is a once in a lifetime experience.

AND YES i will be coming back to this thread when i inevitably lose to man city in the final with 3 of my best players out xD

Edited by MagicHat

Got walloped 4-2. Upon more research the competition is scheduled at the end of June IRL, so this definitely needs changing.

"Canada and the United States will host the tournament, which is scheduled to take place from June 24 to July 16, 2023."

12 hours ago, MagicHat said:

Exactly as the title says, so i'm Leeds and got to the fa cup final in the first season after a nice run. Only to be gutted when 3 first team players Adams, Mckennie and Harrison are all on international duty for USA. WTF... is this a bug? Surely if they made it to the fa cup final IRL they would be allowed to play in it rather than NA nations league? 

Whats your thoughts guys, should this be reported as a bug? is it likely to happen IRL? an fa cup final is a once in a lifetime experience.

AND YES i will be coming back to this thread when i inevitably lose to man city in the final with 3 of my best players out xD

Log it as a bug.  Concacaf does have a way different schedule than UEFA, but you would expect that if the FA Cup is played on its regular date those players aren't away on international duty. I am not sure if it is a written or an unwritten rule, but in general the various continental associations try to set things up so they don't interfere with the end of the season stuff on other continents (there are exceptions to that btw).

10 hours ago, White Flag said:

I've a similar problem - Leeds United players have been on holiday all season.

Luckily FM isn't realistic so i finished 8th and got to the fa cup final xD although my defense is absolutely invisible

10 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Log it as a bug.  Concacaf does have a way different schedule than UEFA, but you would expect that if the FA Cup is played on its regular date those players aren't away on international duty. I am not sure if it is a written or an unwritten rule, but in general the various continental associations try to set things up so they don't interfere with the end of the season stuff on other continents (there are exceptions to that btw).

Already done, i think its in the right place. The bug section is way more complicated than it should be, seems like they've put the work into the customer to find where they should report something to save time for the ones who get paid to fix it....