Seasonal competitions - Team allocation

EnigMattic1

How would I go about giving teams a division if there is one competition that runs in the spring and another that is classed as "winter"? I can't have a mid season break because some of the teams in the spring Division 1 are not in the winter Division 1.

I know there is a similar sort of setup in Brazil (albeit not seasonal) where 2 leagues run consecutively, but I am not familiar with how it is set up. Would it just be a case of using the 'Secondary Division' option?

Le 20/04/2023 à 10:57, EnigMattic1 a dit :

I know there is a similar sort of setup in Brazil (albeit not seasonal) where 2 leagues run consecutively, but I am not familiar with how it is set up. Would it just be a case of using the 'Secondary Division' option?

Yes indeed, the state championships are secondary divisions and the others (Serie A, B and C) are domestic divisions.

7 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

Yes indeed, the state championships are secondary divisions and the others (Serie A, B and C) are domestic divisions.

Ok, thanks. My next question would be, which league should I have as the secondary division? The Spring or the Winter? Or doesn't it matter?

I don't know if there is an order to it.
In Brazil it starts with the Secondary Divisions (state championships) and then once they end the Domestic Divisions start.

There are some things to consider:
- It is impossible to control a club that is only involved in a Secondary Division. In order to control it, it must also be in a Domestic Division. (At least that is my experience)
- Continental qualifying is done through the Domestic Top Division although it is possible to get around this problem.

On 22/04/2023 at 15:16, Samuel77 said:

I don't know if there is an order to it.
In Brazil it starts with the Secondary Divisions (state championships) and then once they end the Domestic Divisions start.

There are some things to consider:
- It is impossible to control a club that is only involved in a Secondary Division. In order to control it, it must also be in a Domestic Division. (At least that is my experience)
- Continental qualifying is done through the Domestic Top Division although it is possible to get around this problem.

As far as I am aware, all teams involved are in another division later on in the year and both of these leagues have no continental qualification anyway.