Why are my staff contracts being renewed when I hold all the contract renewal power?

Currently I'm managing a "Create a club" down in the depths of the German system. Because the staff at this level are awful, I generally suffer them for the length of their 1-year contracts, then let them run down and replace then with useful/qualified staff. I always hold all the contract responsibilities, but the DoF is never able to negotiate a contract with the players and if left to his own skills, I'll end up with a fitness coach with a 1 in Fitness. 

So here I am, end of season with dear Seegerberg, waiting for the contracts to run out, and I get a notice that the sports scientist has renewed his contract (which was NOT something I wanted.)  I don't know if I should immediately start "mutual terminating" the remaining deadwood before the mystery person renews their contract (which is expensive, but I'm paying them the final month  anyway).  I just know I don't want to get stuck with an absolutely useless Technical Manager, Loan Manager and Fitness Coach with a 1 for another year. 

35 minutes ago, Hovis Dexter said:

I'm assuming that when you go to Staff>>Responsibilities>> Staff>>General you have taken responsibility for all the recruiting options. Have you gone the same for Staff>>Responsibilities>> Staff>>Contracts ?

yes, the only things I currently let the staff do is some of the media interviews and training (because at that level with these players only training a couple times a week, it really doesn't matter.) I don't want them anywhere near the contracts. 

Maybe they had clauses for certain contract renewals?

Like having won a promotion or an option for a renewal?

If not you really need to look into every sinlge slot of the management tasks the staff does bcs sometimes when staff leaves or is hired the automatic changes these tasks to different staff members so it may accidentaly have enabled the staff do renewals for contracts.

Edited by Etebaer