Nationality and Attributes

Do players of certain nationalities tend to have higher ratings for specific attributes? (For example, do Argentineans tend to have higher aggression; Germans more strength; Brazilians more flair; Spaniards more technique; etc?.). 

We hear that some countries generate better newgens, but how about attributes...

Maybe someone ran or knows of some database analysis to find out about national attribute averages... Thanks.

Edited by phd_angel

Just wanted to add on that there are editor files that mess around with these newgen templates.  I think there's one that floats around every year that makes the playing field completely even for every country, in case that floats your boat.

Honestly, I've found odd success with players from random countries that my coaches claim are not good enough to play on my squad at all.  There's enough randomization in this game to make it interesting despite the fact that Brazil always produces better newgens than Costa Rica.

• SI Staff
On 15/03/2023 at 21:31, phd_angel said:

Do players of certain nationalities tend to have higher ratings for specific attributes? (For example, do Argentineans tend to have higher aggression; Germans more strength; Brazilians more flair; Spaniards more technique; etc?.). 

This is not the case at all and nor should it be 

• SI Staff

Newgens tend to have more players of a higher quality depending on different factors such as finances, importance of football in that country, level of training facilities, level of coaching and so on but this does not mean that in any game the next Messi could not come from Costa Rica or any country. It's just less likely to be the case.

5 hours ago, Woodg SI said:

This is not the case at all and nor should it be 

"Nor should it be"? If a country has an average height of 6ft tall and another 5'4, this should be reflected in a game that claims to be *realistic*. Height is just for starters... 

• SI Staff
15 hours ago, phd_angel said:

"Nor should it be"? If a country has an average height of 6ft tall and another 5'4, this should be reflected in a game that claims to be *realistic*. Height is just for starters... 

Height is not a subjective attribute so not talking about that here. Most of the other attributes are subjective and are not based on a nationality but are more influenced by the facilities, popularity of football, economics, level of coaching, the tactical style/player roles preferred by the clubs in those countries.