Israel and Kazakhstan in Asia

ts9227976

Would any of you manage to get Kazakhstan and Israel out of UEFA and transfer them to Asia? because geographically these countries are Asian and not European outside that it would be very aggregating teams like Maccabi Haifa playing the Asian Champions League

An interesting one, the opposite of what people normally try and do. Ill try and break down what will happen.

The good news first

• The AFC and Asian cup qualifies will work without any editing required (this may change in the next update if SI update these to the slight tweaked format due to start I 2023)
  • and afraid that's all the good news

The Bad news

• To get their club teams to play in the AFC competitions they will be need to be rebuilt, and that will break the dynamic ranking
  • The National teams will still play in the UEFA world cup qualifies and Nations League along wit the AFC tournaments listed above, they will have to be manually removed or replaced

I have no idea what will happen to the UEFA club competitions, I know they can accommodate a new nation, no clue how they will behave if one is removed

Now the really bad news

• If UEFA does not have 54 members the Euro Qualifies will just not take place and consequentially neither will the Finals

Not saying it cannot be done, but its not an easy edit

19 minutos atrás, nasaiain disse:

Um interessante, o oposto do que as pessoas normalmente tentam fazer. Vou tentar explicar o que vai acontecer.

A boa notícia primeiro

• As eliminatórias da AFC e da copa asiática funcionarão sem a necessidade de edição (isso pode mudar na próxima atualização se o SI atualizá-los para o formato ligeiramente ajustado devido ao início de 2023)
  • e com medo, essas são todas as boas notícias

As más notícias

• Para que seus clubes joguem nas competições da AFC, eles precisarão ser reconstruídos e isso quebrará o ranking dinâmico
  • As seleções nacionais ainda jogarão nas eliminatórias para a Copa do Mundo da UEFA e na Liga das Nações, juntamente com os torneios da AFC listados acima, e terão que ser removidas ou substituídas manualmente

Não tenho ideia do que acontecerá com as competições de clubes da UEFA, sei que eles podem acomodar uma nova nação, não faço ideia de como se comportarão se uma for removida

Agora a notícia realmente ruim

• Se a UEFA não tiver 54 membros, a qualificação para o Euro simplesmente não acontecerá e, conseqüentemente, nem as finais.

Não estou dizendo que não pode ser feito, mas não é uma edição fácil

Hello thank you very much for the reply. I realize then that it's not something easy so it's better to leave it the way it is

IIRC Kazakhstan has about 20% of its land in Europe, so it's not completely Asian. It has more land in Europe than Turkey does at least.

Transferring them to Asia for international competitions is pretty straightforward. Asian competitions update automatically to accomodate new teams. It's not difficult to remove them from the Nations League either. Getting them into club competitions is the hard part. It would require you to re-create the Asian club continental competitions from scratch. And even then you'd lose some functionality (eg. dynamic prize money).

For my game I've done a hybrid approach. I've moved Kazakhstan, Israel and russia into Asia for senior internationals (youth too for russia), but left Kazakhstan and Israel competing in UEFA club competitions. I would've liked their clubs in Asian competitions too. But breaking dynamic prize money is too big a price to pay IMO. Plus it would've taken a LOT of editing work.

Edited by rusty217

Damn, that's interesting, so you've essentially got Kazakhstan, Israel, and Russia as permanent guest teams at the AFC Nations Cup and AFC qualifiers, and never taking part in their "home" (UEFA) tournaments? Then have you filled those two spare slots in Europe with anything?

Cyprus are another natural choice, on a map they're pretty close to Asia even if the Greek side is more influenced by Europe

9 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Damn, that's interesting, so you've essentially got Kazakhstan, Israel, and Russia as permanent guest teams at the AFC Nations Cup and AFC qualifiers, and never taking part in their "home" (UEFA) tournaments? Then have you filled those two spare slots in Europe with anything?

Cyprus are another natural choice, on a map they're pretty close to Asia even if the Greek side is more influenced by Europe

I made russia full members of Asia, they aren't in UEFA club competitions anyway so have nothing to lose, so they're also eligible for Asian awards. Haven't won any just yet, but they came close in the Goalkeeper of the Year award:

20230216175158_1.thumb.jpg.7c6931dc5b7fe3142a3a2b90c090258a.jpg

heh, not a single actual Asian in the Asian Goalkeeper of the Year top 3.

But yeah, Kazakhstan and Israel are effectively permanent guest members. They're still in Europe, but I added Get Specific Team instructions to the Asian WC Qualifiers (which also act as Asian Cup qualifiers) to add them to that, and Get Specific Team + Ignore Teams for them in the European competitions so they're left out of those.

Replaced one of them with Monaco. Thought about doing Greenland or something too, but adding a country and the artwork is a lot of work. Monaco is just adding the country to Europe, ticking the FIFA member box, changing AS Monaco's Based Nation and that's it. They already have the flag, name list etc. setup. Some players in the default database are already eligible for them due to their second nationality too.

So the default Euro international comps are fine losing a slot (or two) and still operating fine? Even Euro qualifiers?

You're telling me, I added 16 countries in the Island Games file, lol feel free to use any artwork from there if you like. Still need to do a long-term save with that and see what kind of craziness happens with youth intakes. I ended up not changing "based nation" for clubs like Jersey Bulls and Mariehamn (Aland/Finland), just the cities or local regions.

9 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

So the default Euro international comps are fine losing a slot (or two) and still operating fine? Even Euro qualifiers?

You're telling me, I added 16 countries in the Island Games file, lol feel free to use any artwork from there if you like. Still need to do a long-term save with that and see what kind of craziness happens with youth intakes. I ended up not changing "based nation" for clubs like Jersey Bulls and Mariehamn (Aland/Finland), just the cities or local regions.

I'm not sure, sorry. Can't use the default competitions if you want to add an Ignore Teams instruction to exclude the teams you're semi-moving.

So I took Kazakhstan and Israel out of the current 54 UEFA countries and put Russia and the Crimean Republic. And they sent Israel and Kazakhstan to Asia and they swapped places with Yemen and Afghanistan. And I removed Yemen and Afghanistan, who swapped their seats, from FIFA's regular members, so both the club and the national team play well. But Israel and Kazakhstan's NEWGANs come out as Yemen and Afghanistan's NEWGANs. What should we do in this case?

57 minutos atrás, fresca disse:

Então tirei o Cazaquistão e Israel dos atuais 54 países da UEFA e coloquei a Rússia e a República da Crimeia. E eles enviaram Israel e o Cazaquistão para a Ásia e trocaram de lugar com o Iêmen e o Afeganistão. E tirei o Iêmen e o Afeganistão, que trocaram de lugar, dos membros regulares da Fifa, para que tanto o clube quanto a seleção joguem bem. Mas os NEWGANs de Israel e do Cazaquistão aparecem como NEWGANs do Iêmen e do Afeganistão. O que devemos fazer neste caso?

NWow, this is pretty complex lol 😁