The Odyssey - A Personal Lower League Journey [formerly FM for Masochists]

phnompenhandy

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the time we brought in the new year of 2026 there was no jeopardy. We went through the motions.

On guaranteeing the title with 4 games to go, I moved players who’d played a dozen first team matches or more to the Under 21s to play friendlies from here on in. I gutted the Under 18s and packed the first team with players who’d played between 10 and zero games this season.

I saw off a few suitors

1635559519_mediabigtime.jpg.3e1f6e8489bc424622e77fe32b376101.jpg

Ally! :onmehead:

The inevitable

1148274749_title4gamestospare.thumb.jpg.a374cd848e884a950420806535a3e1d7.jpg

and the gratitude

320391950_miserablefans.jpg.a05a0e8478b767184973bbe53802a16f.jpg

unbelievable :rolleyes:

S*d the fans - a title and a Continental C licence has led to this

339517873_scunntl5.thumb.jpg.422eecf3b2be0170118f2e79cc5086f2.jpg

SCUNNY! Fifth tier (destined to be sixth). My staff have show loyalty by spurning offers - I will continue to do so too.

Must've spooked the boss a bit - straight after I banged in some requests ahead of our next academy intake, and got the green thumb for all of them:

juco.thumb.jpg.5029d63304d87fc8b4d525470b34ffd4.jpg

108899321_ythrec.thumb.jpg.c5b2886aea698ae8ed1dfd566e434fef.jpg

1436083128_ythlevel.thumb.jpg.e2041e9e3a11791f2ddb8f0f8e3b90d3.jpg

To be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure what that last one is - zero to four in one fell swoop? Anyone enlighten me?

5 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Great work man and all for yourself! Didn’t catch up with everything yet but loved it 

I‘m a fan, the first (?) 

keep up the good story it’s fantastic 

Thanks a lot. Once it became clear the season would be an unchallenging procession, I felt there was no point in posting frequent updates, but I was still playing the matches. I don't know if next season will be as easy - if it is, I'll rush through it and only post more frequent updates when things start to get interesting. At this point, it looks like seeing how much better the improving youth facilities make to my academy intake kids is the main point of interest.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb phnompenhandy:

Thanks a lot. Once it became clear the season would be an unchallenging procession, I felt there was no point in posting frequent updates, but I was still playing the matches. I don't know if next season will be as easy - if it is, I'll rush through it and only post more frequent updates when things start to get interesting. At this point, it looks like seeing how much better the improving youth facilities make to my academy intake kids is the main point of interest.

Yeah for sure the start was the most interesting part. Such a challenge (!) 

you made it through! But sometimes the higher leagues get challenging again. 

20 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Yeah for sure the start was the most interesting part. Such a challenge (!) 

you made it through! But sometimes the higher leagues get challenging again. 

Appreciate the positive feedback. I try to be 'different' to other threads, but I don't know what works and what doesn't.  What do you find more interesting - the basic jeopardy of a season, the potted intros to visiting villages, the 'human' portrayals of players and staff, the deep-dives into the stats and tactics, the development of youth, or what? Feel free to criticise what doesn't work for you too. This thread's got over 2000 views, and they're not all me, but without feedback I don't know what brings readers back  :)

vor 1 Stunde schrieb phnompenhandy:

Appreciate the positive feedback. I try to be 'different' to other threads, but I don't know what works and what doesn't.  What do you find more interesting - the basic jeopardy of a season, the potted intros to visiting villages, the 'human' portrayals of players and staff, the deep-dives into the stats and tactics, the development of youth, or what? Feel free to criticise what doesn't work for you too. This thread's got over 2000 views, and they're not all me, but without feedback I don't know what brings readers back  :)

Well I think the challenge got me instantly. I read about it and then visited it, reading about the difficulties you had that’s the most interesting part for me. 
i read so much about how everything worked out fine, it’s boring, I like the struggle, the hardest parts of the journey when you had no qualification, no attributes just nothing. The player faces are a gimmick but it shouldn’t be to mich in the front. It’s ok to tell the story of some faces. 
You created an authentic flair in your story which I like. It’s a bit like @crusadertsar who likes to tell more then just how everything works out fine. 
I would stick to the core of your story, which is that you know nothing and it’s very hard and you do a lot of mistakes and take a lot of decisions blind. That’s the best part!

30 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Well I think the challenge got me instantly. I read about it and then visited it, reading about the difficulties you had that’s the most interesting part for me. 
i read so much about how everything worked out fine, it’s boring, I like the struggle, the hardest parts of the journey when you had no qualification, no attributes just nothing. The player faces are a gimmick but it shouldn’t be to mich in the front. It’s ok to tell the story of some faces. 
You created an authentic flair in your story which I like. It’s a bit like @crusadertsar who likes to tell more then just how everything works out fine. 
I would stick to the core of your story, which is that you know nothing and it’s very hard and you do a lot of mistakes and take a lot of decisions blind. That’s the best part!

Excellent, thanks for that. I can only pray things go badly wrong at some point!

vor 19 Minuten schrieb phnompenhandy:

Remind me, which story is crusadertsar running?

I mean his whole tactic postings which are some kind of stories in my opinion about Mou or the Brazilian all this background stuff.

A great story is also „kids from Montbelliard“ you find it in the internet (fm20) it’s great! The author is DeHaan or something like this …

Finally, we've got to the end of the season (well the Under 18s haven't). The picture:

1112900663_endofseason.thumb.jpg.1052dfdb57a8275d470f5286a3dab09b.jpg

Final results briefly dipped due to blooding the most fringe lads and academy intakes before they began to assert themselves (I was also bedding in a less-intense tactic for when we need to be more cautious or conserve energy). I needed to know who would be ready to step up to cover injuries, suspensions and especially tiredness next season. You can’t throw players in cold – they have to go through a process of adapting and learning the tactics before being ready, and post-title games ahead of preseason friendlies were the ideal opportunity. Specifically, we had two months to complete the last four matches in the league, offering ample time to organise the training and tactical familiarity of new players in a host of friendlies and Under 18s games. I doubt I’ll ever see such luxury again, and I think we’ll be very well-prepared for the start of the next season.

There is a dark cloud on the horizon, however. First, the seeming good news -

semi-pro.jpg.f68ef69e13d4c52e01cd1074d1bd19af.jpg

Then the at-the-time inconsequential news -

893919588_trainfacno-hadtoask.jpg.20d183db18c9c9c8a1228b0a4961d373.jpg

I mean, I had to ask - it would be rude not to, but I fully expected the answer and gave it no further though.

But today Mr. Smart took me aside and murmured something about 'a long hot summer'. He wasn't referring to the weather - he reckons the summer of '25 is going to be one of war and pestilence (that's obvious enough from the news) and the crash in the summer tourist industry is going to wipe out his profits. Why is he telling me this? I'm not 100% certain, but I'm assuming he's hinting at belt-tightening ahead. Howe we pay our way wages-wise, I have no idea, but presumably we've seen the last of the facility upgrades in a long while.

Let's review the season, shall we?

659806528_squadview.thumb.jpg.4b7a016e5f2869b06a12ec811806a322.jpg

Ranking the players by appearances, in a 24-game season, 12 of the players started at least half the games.

We have a squad of 39 to go into semi-pro land (13 who played 2 or fewer - i.e. most of the new academy intakes) have dropped off the bottom of the page - we don't need to worry about them).

We've kept 13 of the 16 trialists and released six others.

You can see at the bottom of the screen 5 new lads who played 2 or 3 of the last 4 league games - they'll be fixtures in our first team squad. That Colin McClelland looks like he could be a very exciting side-kick for Brian Tierney, and Jarvis Seery and Spyros Kittos look like being excellent defenders flanking Adem Aras.

We will have 8 centre-backs, which offers adequate back-up, but 4 of them have flat-lined (see below) and have a short shelf-life.

Behind Ayers and Stefanou we're terribly weak in the wingback department. Butcher's just about getting there, but there's no one on the left I can trust.

There were no new kids for Defensive Midfield, so I'm hoping a second year's retraining of Ottley and McKinnon will pay off - it hasn't yet.

We have 5 shadow strikers - far too many, but I need more time to decide who doesn't make the grade. Similarly, nine strikers for two spots is ridiculous, but they're all doing so well when they get a chance to impress!

What I'm going to do is retain a first team squad of 21, and an Under 18s squad of 18. I've put the Under 18s on double-intensity training. If it breaks one or two, well they've made a decision for me. I will ensure any who don't play regularly in that horrible Under 18s league (we're just off the bottom - I'm sure we'd be better off just playing friendlies arranged when convenient) will ply friendlies in the Under 21 squad.

A couple of important conclusions I've provisionally drawn:

Maybe it's due to basic facilities, or limitations in my coaching staff’s skills, but a number of training programs appear to be having no impact – especially the physical ones, quickness and strength, and also ball control. I will substitute others into the schedule, concentrating on what is fundamental to our DNA – passing and moving.

Secondly, concerning those players who are not developing but playing well – such as Tierney. As training makes no difference, these players can play bi-weekly games if they’re rested between fixtures. Others are Bakari, Leach, Ball, Ayres, Barden, Rivers, Bankhole, Aviola, Breen and Butcher. As I think I mentioned, we will be playing 100% more competitive games next season - it's going to be tough!

2091085683_tierneyprogress.thumb.jpg.08dc6a5d50a825b430ecb4db3ae19d03.jpg

This is Tierney - the others are all identical.

Compare with Nicholson (who's persuaded me to keep him as first-choice keeper after an inauspicious first year, and defender Aras:

523539535_GKNicolson.thumb.jpg.3ceef9c89f7c53de5702cab7feda990f.jpg

1973046916_DefAras.thumb.jpg.6672a304e138439d19c33b653ed57733.jpg

Edited by phnompenhandy

1 hour ago, HanziZoloman said:

Future is bright with a shadow of clouds. Just my fancy 

keep up the good work. I‘d like to see some details of your squad management and training regime, like how do you develop your most promising prospects?

Right-o. In the squad view panel above, I show that in this first full season of only 24 matches, which players played how many games. With matches spaced out at one a week for the first half of the season, then one a fortnight for the second, there was plenty of recovery time, so I mostly stuck with a consistent line-up - until it was clear that we'd gain promotion. At that point, I began introducing fringe players more frequently. The reason for that was because it is only by playing competitive matches that players improve significantly, and I wanted as many as possible to improve ahead of next season.

The training regime - in keeping with my persona, I arrived at the club with only the first coaching badge, so I didn't have authority to take training. After bagging my second badge, I was allowed to set individual training, but general training was still in the hands of my assistant. I've now completed four coaching courses, so next season can take charge of all. Still being amateur or part-time and having only level 1 training facilities and amateur staff, I assume it all makes very little difference, but next season I will put that to the test. I will try to keep my first team squad together to play as many league and cup games as possible, with 18 of the youngest and rawest kids staying in the Under 18 squad for most of the time. Officially, SI wisdom is that young players benefit far more from training than playing - we shall see. I reproduced my individual training schedule a few posts above, and today suggested a lot of it is ineffective and modified it, so next season will be a testing ground for that too.

In essence, I develop young players by playing them. I'd ascertained which players had ceased to develop - presumably reaching their PA and stopped using them in the first team when promotion was in the bag to give other players a chance to develop. Next season, those players will be back in my starting line-up; if that season is a cakewalk like this one, they'll give way to players that need development. As time goes on, players that are too poor and aren't developing because I can't give them gametime will have to be released. One aspect that isn't working well is the players who I'm trying to retrain - mostly as DMs or WBs - they aren't developing well and so don't get enough changes in the first team - as soon as good kids from the academy come through, they'll likely be released. It is possible I'll run critically short of DMs and/or WBs, in which case I'll need to do a fundamental rethink of my formation and tactics.

707841500_turnedsp.jpg.8d8c3c006d67541b282f7300a29c5a9b.jpg

678246010_boardexps.thumb.jpg.b70988df740ac964537b61a372e8c7d0.jpg

118516154_work4free.thumb.jpg.bcaa0918dc78e65419c428c9226c8586.jpg

There you go, it's official. The vision is good, but I'm expected to work for free. I get my rent paid and expenses, remember. But will the money run out? ....

Oh, and the board granted an increase in staff. It turned out to be an extra scout. We need coaches for the first team and Under 18s. We do not need another scout.

Edited by phnompenhandy

vor 57 Minuten schrieb phnompenhandy:

Oh, and the board granted an increase in staff. It turned out to be an extra scout. We need coaches for the first team and Under 18s. We do not need another scout.

Hilarious! That’s the good stuff why I’m reading. 
very interesting, I’m a devot follower 

Edited by HanziZoloman

Up in the stratosphere where the Chinese fly their balloons, this -

454744648_premlg.jpg.47d9ef1a61dcf519a76fac56765f5205.jpg

The team we're aiming to overhaul just escaped relegation from the Vanarama South on the last day -

288919793_VNSTruro.jpg.22eb03c7385ba5ba5ec23e05dd455f57.jpg

I'd like to show you the league we're getting promoted into, but I can't tell which one it is yet; hopefully one of the South West Peninsula ones.

7 minutes ago, HanziZoloman said:

Hilarious! That’s the good stuff why I’m reading. 
very interesting, I’m a devot follower 

I've been here before - the suits look after themselves, paying each other tasty salaries for doing naff all while I'm working my b*ll*cks off for free :sega:

1431936714_WesternLD1odds.jpg.26f2ec043c4d8460fbcdbdcfd7b29995.jpg

Okay, so here we are - wrenched out of the SW regional league system into the Western League. Some rather non-western destinations - Oxfordshire, Worcestershire? At least we get a grudge match against Truro's seconds and six other Cornish neighbours.

Edited by phnompenhandy

They all sound like sauces and other English dishes to me. Sounds great! 
Now I want to see the hero suffer. The pain, the human heart in conflict with itself. A promising start and a losing streak after a stupid loss. That’s what FM is all about. 

• phnompenhandy changed the title to L10 Head Coach Academy Only Challenge: FM for Masochists

The lads are back next week. I'm here putting the final touches to our training schedules. As mentioned already, with the limitations at my disposal, it's a 'Keep It Simple, Stupid' approach.

General training all season will be like this (note we have a lot of extra matches on Wednesdays - I will instruct certain players to "rest" on Sundays and Mondays in those weeks)

759228745_generaltraining.thumb.jpg.2fc9af3f59911b41ee5b93e180ef5226.jpg

The technical session is different each week.

The new additional focus programme is this

355119879_indivtraining.jpg.ee39382c065d3c28ddca5814a33b8ee8.jpg

Edited by phnompenhandy

This looks ominous. As the players returned to training and a bunch more contracts were signed, word came down from on high

1248109328_staffdown.thumb.jpg.8b8f7a77659e07d5640bd03e8a55873f.jpg

The superfluous scout with his fat wage and contract has his feet under the table; now it seems the chairman is waking up to the financial implications of having players on wages. We appear to be at the crest of that 'long hot summer' he was hinting at if the news is anything to go by. If any coaches get poached (and rivals do try), we won't be able to replace them. I've yet to discover whether coaching badges will still be funded.

It's changing by the day but at the moment we have 10 players on a year's part-time contract with a monthly wage and bonuses, 5 players no non-contract play with bonuses forms, 5 on non-contracts with no pay, 5 on amateur forms and 14 on youth forms that expire on dates ranging from next month to next year. Of the staff, only that scout has signed a contract. I'm back in no-idea-what's-going-to-happen territory.

Edited by phnompenhandy

First day back and the traditional kick-about with your own side to get the blood flowing in the legs. What I'm showing you is my first-team squad with first-choice starting XI, and the back-ups in the Under 18 squad (some are over 18 and will shift to play Under 21 friendlies when the season commences).

122290770_1stfriendlyvU18s.thumb.jpg.0e2bd56f3be0f0f1797fa95e6a00fd4b.jpg

Obviously, the result and ratings are unimportant at this stage. Handsome faces to follow later, once preseason is done and dusted.

Great! My first season as a supporter from the Beginning. I am ready to suffer with you, as a former long time supporter of VfB Stuttgart (too much suffering) I know nothing else: Fanlife must be a long and hard suffering, if not, it’s Bayern Munich. 
I like to pick my favourite player by handsomeness, though I‘ll welcome the faces.
Of course his face must present some kind of suffering in the past (scars or anything) or present (dark circles around the eyes, shadows) or future (the babyface).

Notice that the most handsome football players are from Bulgaria. Long hair and a number ten (Balakow), long hair and a lot of suffering (Ivanov), few hair and a stoic gaze (Stoichkov).

Of course we as fans also look out for the babyface with a double name like Smith-Oatly or Kevin Willies-Dickinson who may be the next shootingstar.

Sexstone sounds promising: He scores when he wants … 

Edited by HanziZoloman

Is something happening here?

1199138905_8-1mcC.thumb.jpg.387eb01c48fd9587ab01aa7488ae3377.jpg

Ignore the outcome - 8-1 against patsies in a preseason friendly; the remarkable thing is how Tierney was by-passed in the rout. We've been solely dependent on his goals until now, yet here are two new academy kids sharing 5 goals with Brian claiming just a single assist. We have some more friendlies to get fitness and familiarity up before testing ourselves against tier 8 opposition.

Time to turn our attention to the players. Here is the exciting new striker:

mcclelland.thumb.jpg.94300e47fca758904047b2e76c33acc1.jpg

Colin seems to have it all - a deadly striker who appears consistent. It's just a shame about his personality - does it mean he will never progress? Let's hope not.

Jacka.thumb.jpg.7454d34baa9ef386bb32d5322a72e6b1.jpg

Sean the Shadow Striker. My staff insist he's not as good as Ciaran Davies who had a terrific season last year. That may be so, but Sean combines brilliantly with Colin - they've come through the ranks together. See those match ratings - the first few were in the league at the end of last season. What it looks like at the moment is Colin and Sean make a terrific pairing and leave Brian Tierney a little in the shade, as we noted above, whereas Brian and Ciaran together don't bring out the best in Colin. A few more games might smooth out the edges, and I think any combo will blow away most opposition anyway.

Hancock.thumb.jpg.53173fdf649b47eb24f3d231318f52ce.jpg

We struggled a little bit to get the best tune out of a segundo volante last season - "Tony" here might be our answer. He appears to be blending in with an otherwise settled midfield.

Seery.jpg.b89bb238e83958aae3b3b9a4fe5a11fe.jpg

Kittos.jpg.3a8429a3005d4e30dd27fe4e163d1348.jpg

I was mightily relieved a couple of ball-playing defenders came through, as we were desperately short of cover. Our Cornish Cypriot and his mate look too good for cover and are currently our first choice to stand either side of Adem Aras.

So these five go into our first-choice XI. We think we have an upgrade in the goalkeeping department, but Nicholson's form and determination is keeping Matt at bay - for now

Matt.jpg.bfad7b084d2c962d10f2d787501bfc81.jpg

Definitely one for the future, if not now.

Last season our back-up wingbacks were a complete failure. I'm encouraged by the potential of our Cornish Viking here

Einerkjaer.jpg.7ea2d5314e7c6a0a887dc1e4b045cbf8.jpg

There are a couple of new prospects on the right. The staff reckon Welsh wizard Walker is one to watch, but I'm not convinced

Walker.jpg.d623bc5548c97a4a3f19c2199532c94c.jpg

In contrast, our young Italian here is good enough for the bench at least, but is crowded out by the quality we have up top.

Bosco.jpg.6caf7845001532965ad7e361adbe53f1.jpg

He's got the right personality to plug away and force himself up the pecking order, but he has to get past Omoregie and Sexstone who were great last season and are unlucky to miss out.

Really, if I could start my best XI, we'd line up in a 3-1-1-5.

Edited by phnompenhandy

Nathan, our chairman, has called me into his office to inform me that due to the 'economic climate' he has to go away 'for a while'. He reckons he's deposited enough funds in the bank for Cassandra to run the club on a day-to-day basis, and we'll get to the end of the season just fine, but she can't authorise any "big-ticket" expenses. As I exited the room, his last words were, "See you next year". Next year - it's July! I mean, so long as no one leaves, I'm quite confident we'll do very well this season with what I have at my disposal, but it's a worry.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb phnompenhandy:

Colin seems to have it all - a deadly striker who appears consistent. It's just a shame about his personality - does it mean he will never progress? Let's hope not.

Great that’s a flavour, he got everything except personality 

he is already in my heart 

nice Antihero 

Edited by HanziZoloman

vor 12 Stunden schrieb phnompenhandy:

An antihero named 'Colin'. Works for me!

I can already imagine him in training. The coach has to believe in him, as he can’t do it himself. Needs a lot of private talk to ensure him, kind of a parent figure coach. 
If you constantly remind him of his abilities and encourage him to step up he will thank you with goals 

„come on Colin, give another try“ 

„next shot Colin, don’t give up“

„Noo Colin, that hurts, please“

Edited by HanziZoloman

As the season opens, problems start to pile in:

938160919_tierneycontract.thumb.jpg.89aa8d02493cb5c2fd70aa393c9def05.jpg

1785458583_40clubs.jpg.6e75e92d957e557455df8bf6577aa0ed.jpg

40 clubs after our star player, and he wants paying proper to stay. Cassandra called me in to help persuade him - I'm uncomfortable talking money, but together we settled on a wage of £250 per month. Later, Cassie pointed out that we can't afford to pay that much to other players, so I'm not to encourage that kind of thinking. I said I understood, and that by the time his contract expires in the summer, he may not be indispensable.

This was the day before the season kicked off, and Brian scored our first goal at this level, a penalty in a 3-1 win.

Then this:

rejected.jpg.606e49e35cf00bf4239fb081a82ae144.jpg

Not about the money here - Keira, my fitness, apparently is fine with having zero qualification to do the job. Is Cassie going to find me another coach?

And in that opening match:

injury.thumb.jpg.ab85f5a4318d2dfc5530287e00b64734.jpg

The opening weeks have 2 matches per week and as I explained, we really don't have cover at wingback. Young Hakon came on for 70 minutes, but he was out of his depth and then got himself sent off in the next game. This ain't gonna be no cakewalk.

Edited by phnompenhandy

34 minutes ago, theBlackPrince said:

Just been catching up, yikes this is a long long way down the footballing league to be! The promotion last season was at a canter which is nicer than losing it in the last few games!! Im heading down to cornwall later this year, wonder if these guys are close to where I'm staying :)

Well, you liked my post with the map ;) - Polperro's a lovely place. I lived 18 years in Plymouth and made trips into Cornwall most weekends. Kinda why I chose this league.

Edited by phnompenhandy

Correction: it's a cakewalk.

Although we were winning our opening games, there was a lot I wasn’t happy with – primarily shonky passing – which the new lads were mainly responsible for. So back in came Davies, Bakari and Rendall, with Willetts at left wingback. I was also having to manage fatigue and minutes carefully with calculated substitutions. Our passing patterns and control of games got to where I wanted them by the end of the month. At the same time, the front 3 combo of Tierney, McClelland and Davies have gelled marvellously (and Brian signed that contract).

We'd played six league matches in three weeks in August - a killer schedule for the fittest sides, let alone us part-timers. We did not a jot of training in the time - hence the poor passing quality, but with our opponents all in the same boat, we prevailed and won those six matches.

august.thumb.jpg.156df480bfa7a70c35e6fc090225ffeb.jpg

Travelled to some nice places too - Evesham, all the way to Worcestershire:

Evesham.jpg.50605f81802aec30e4f51e25404fc6ef.jpg

and hit them for six.

Half an hour inland to our tin-town neighbours Liskeard Athletic

1259655869_Liskeardground.jpg.c1eca49ff484eb4cb720f6bc1f93d3d6.jpg

Easy.

Further into Kernow at the foot of the clay mountains of St. Dennis

1927580409_stdennis.jpg.c6840377b99d3f5ab7ed227d2428f0e7.jpg

No hassle.

The last match in the month was the first preliminary round of the FA Vase. Now, we're not going to win it, and the prize money in the early stages is hardly worth sacrificing for, so I felt it the appropriate moment to give the first team a break from their relentless schedule, and call up the lads who'd been waiting in the wings (with just Brian 'big bucks' Tierney taking to the field. We took to train to Somerset to face one of our league rivals, Bishops Lydeard.

1968603384_bishopslydeard.jpg.6ec349ee304dd468cac3cc85d14a1063.jpg

Turns out the second string are fine for a midtable opponent (with Tierney there to bag a hat trick).

The six league games in September were also a bit of a stroll. First, we rode our cock horses to Banbury to face Easington Sports. We won, but Tierney was exhausted, so he got a rest in the next match. That was no problem – after flogging my first-choice players into the ground through August, September increasingly revealed that the second-string could comfortably cope with the bottom half of the league, so rotation became straightforward. The back-up defence is notably weaker but need the games to improve, and the strike-force can bring home the points. The only times we slipped up were when Bakari saw red - 2 reds and 2 yellows in 7 games is not acceptable.

sept.thumb.jpg.aefad6da72a7d32d23246ffd002f2f60.jpg

I'd like to see some clean sheets, mind.

Easy in Easington

1339881982_easispts.jpg.6680d66bec431bfbab865adda2eaead6.jpg

A cross-country drive to the wrong coast of Cornwall - Bude

bude.jpg.34a89144b4567a186eccc6760d210f57.jpg

Up the Tamar Valley to face Launceston. We left Bakari back in the castle dungeon.

launceston.jpg.0c7fad0e8c977040dce99f358f80108b.jpg

Edited by phnompenhandy

6 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Great work! Despite the evil shadows you came well on top. Nice countryside, we (family) we’re in Sussex last autumn, love it on your island. Just great! 

I'm marooned in Cambodia, having left Plymouth, on the doorstep of Cornwall, in 2001. Playing FM is my cry of nostalgia! 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb phnompenhandy:

I'm marooned in Cambodia, having left Plymouth, on the doorstep of Cornwall, in 2001. Playing FM is my cry of nostalgia! 

Cool, what are ye doing in Cambodia if I may ask?

FM is also my cry for nostalgia, especially @crusadertsar brings it up with his late 90ies early 2000 related texts.

Edited by HanziZoloman