Question about Staff Attributes Development

From the ingame tips, Determination is supposed to have an affect. I'd assume personality as well, just as players "should" also have an affect, but you'd need SI to confirm that.

As per above, Licences definitiely do, I tracked a few staff on FM22 that all improved post passing a liscence.

My FM23 save is too new, but I do track the progress of certain staff I bring in - I mainly track former players that I bring back as coaches, if they have a good personality (+ attributes, and Personality) - Jan Vertonghen as a youth coach for example.

Staff attributes also decline a bit after certain ages (Motivatoin espesically)

2 minutes ago, plcarlos said:

From the ingame tips, Determination is supposed to have an affect. I'd assume personality as well, just as players "should" also have an affect, but you'd need SI to confirm that.

As per above, Licences definitiely do, I tracked a few staff on FM22 that all improved post passing a liscence.

My FM23 save is too new, but I do track the progress of certain staff I bring in - I mainly track former players that I bring back as coaches, if they have a good personality (+ attributes, and Personality) - Jan Vertonghen as a youth coach for example.

Staff attributes also decline a bit after certain ages (Motivatoin espesically)

I tested this a few years back and don't know if it's changed, but the age of 50 was the point at which staff attributes started to decline.

Coaching Licenses, yes. Interaction with players - team talks (motivation), Level of Discipline (eg. Code of Conduct), Working with Youngsters (eg. Praise or Criticize training for U1X teams) and natural progression other the years as an examples. Have in mind that staff have CA/PA like players and weighting for each attribute - for each staff (like player position attributes weighting). I think (not very sure) that the formula of Determination - Ambition - Professionalism factors of development for players, apply for staff as well.

2 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

I tested this a few years back and don't know if it's changed, but the age of 50 was the point at which staff attributes started to decline.

In the last couple of games I haven't noticed any decline until coaches are in their 60s.

Scouts seem to stay at their CA until retirement.

Edited by Dotsworthy