[FM23] United Counties of Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire [RELEASE]

Back for 2023, two counties of England who share a reasonable border unite and break away as their own country.

Enjoy the delights of endlessly travelling up and down the A1 with this 2023 version.

Download (Current version is 0.99.5)

Download both files and load together, one file adds the nation rules and the other file adds Nation to European League and Euro Qualifiers.

Nation File: Lincs & Cambs 0.99.5.fmf

OR the alternative structure (the draft): Lincs & Cambs NFP 3.00.27.fmf

Also download - Nation Leagues and Euro Qualifier Rules: Pre-1922 IRE EU League & EU Quali GROUP D.fmf

Graphics pack:graphics.zip

INFO

Two playable leagues, three playable cups.

Screenshots below (some graphics still to be added):

League 1 (36 Games)

image.png.21aad82bb96d008542a4f31fe6554e52.png

League 2 (32 Games)

image.png.e6c22323ca24f4dac8ccf201c5278c73.png

League 1 Squad and Matchday rules

image.png.478f890c7b5349e5dc8a6ab27e114834.png

image.png.02bb72aa98c18dd9d16c8b754995cc0e.png

Playable National Team

image.thumb.png.28ef55961ededbb39d02969cedb4beb0.png

Under 21s and Youth Leagues and Cups included.

Please share any feedback or suggestions, I am still in beta testing so if you would like a  link please let me know. Please feel free to edit the file further, if you have any suggestions or requests let me know and I will try to add.

Main file release should be in the next few weeks while I iron our any issues. I can't spend much time on this due to other commitments. 

Features and Changes from 2020 Version

• Fewer playable leagues, I have less time to work on it these days
  • Fewer teams below playable leagues, same reasons :(
  • Better playing history for real players, those who have been with clubs for a while can request citizenship sooner! (No idea why I have not done that before!!!)
  • Reduced league cash prizes and balanced finances better, more of a challenge now than a fantasy league, feel free to up prize money to suit! Teams now end the season with 1-5mil in profit rather than 20+
  • Changed sub rules to match current trends, changed squad rules to suit but still retained the need to have SOME decent domestic players in starting 11 and matchday squad.
  • Domestic U21s do not need to be registered in 23 player season squad
  • Top 4 teams in the league enter the National Cup in the knockout stages, there are some matchday rules to limit the number of over 23 players in these matches to make it a little more competitive.  I am open to tweaking these!

Known Bugs:

• Award names in news articles, I just can't seem to fix them!

Many thanks for taking the time to look and post any feedback or requests.

Edited by nine_iron
File release

• nine_iron changed the title to [FM23] United Counties of Lincolnshire & Cambridgeshire [RELEASE]

Released! Enjoy! See above for download.

Release Notes (v0.99.3):

• Tested for stability up to 2035.
  • National Team qualifies for European international competitions when both files are loaded together.
  • Award names in news still a bit flaky (I have tried to fix it by shortening names)
  • Finances are OK, feel free to tweak:
    • League prize money is low compared to previous versions to try and make it harder, I recommend adding to the money that is shared between teams for TV rights if needed.
    • Most of prize income comes from Cup progress, this is by design to try and mix things up. It works fairly well actually.
    • AI controlled clubs tend to accumulate cash and not spend, currently they make about the right amount to stay stable, or secure. If you overspend you may struggle.
    • Smaller clubs tend not to make a lot of money but that's probably reflecting real life.
    • I recommend using a Real Time Editor to tweak things if needed mid save as financial difficulty is personal preference and often comes with experimentation.
  • Scheduling is something I have not tweaked much, it is mostly default so sometimes has busy bits and quiet bits. If after a few playthroughs I notice an issue I will amend but I don't plan to do that for a long time so please download and play!
Edited by nine_iron

1 minute ago, nine_iron said:

Released! Enjoy! See above for download.

Release Notes:

• Tested for stability up to 2035.
  • National Team qualifies for European international competitions when both files are loaded together.
  • Award names in news still a bit flaky.
  • Finances are OK, feel free to tweak:
    • League prize money is low compared to previous versions to try and make it harder, I recommend adding to the money that is shared between teams for TV rights if needed.
    • Most of prize income comes from Cup progress, this is by design to try and mix things up. It works fairly well actually.
    • AI controlled clubs tend to accumulate cash and not spend, currently they make about the right amount to stay stable, or secure. If you overspend you may struggle.
    • Smaller clubs tend not to make a lot of money but that's probably reflecting real life.
    • I recommend using a Real Time Editor to tweak things if needed mid save as financial difficulty is personal preference and often comes with experimentation.
  • Scheduling is something I have not tweaked much, it is mostly default so sometimes has busy bits and quiet bits. If after a few playthroughs I notice an issue I will amend but I don't plan to do that for a long time so please download and play!

The award names is due the field length?

Rocking up to my first halfway point, boy is this a good challenge!

image.png.054925112f3dca43043af5daa19cd301.png

The top 5 will be 4 points apart at Christmas!

I am right in the mix and pretty competitive but likely to be 4th or 5th results depending.

Edited by nine_iron

• 10 months later...

Seeing as I couldn't develop this further due to the new European format issue for advanced rules I have instead worked on an experimental format.

I give you "The Draft" version of my database. My only hint is pay close attention to promises, they can make or break your season!

I have also used this as a chance to change up the league structure. There are no advanced rules so its fairly simple and not a huge challenge finance wise.

Lastly some players are pre-drafted, these are my choices for balance and challenge, they frequently would go undrafted so I had to do something to ensure they didn't just go back to England.

Moved file to first post

Edited by nine_iron