Stadium issues International comps

Roy Race 9

I set up my own bigger FIFA WC[64 teams]

Euros[32teams]

and have changed hosts and done all the necessary with qualification set ups so the comps run smoothly and have been tested for 12 years.

The issue I want to resolve is stadiums 

I have set up so the Cymru/Scotland 2026 Euros would use 14 stadiums Murrayfield not being one of the venues

However even making Murrayfield not to be used in continental finals[I presume I will have to set it to extinct] it always is used:D

The other issue is why having set up the stadiums to host various stages so the games are spread about, does the comp just seem to pick the top 4 stadiums to host nearly all the group stage games ?

ae4927af4e5d9f62729f94abe7ca0689.jpg

81a650a24015f1dfb5c232a1f35df57b.jpg

c2acdcecb2b02726aa62091a1996b9cd.jpg

even gone in and stipulated the stadiums here- this is how the number of stadiums increased in game

b3505701168cc20919be9e6de0c8d034.jpg

your help is appreciated

Edited by Roy Race 9

28 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

You can specify specific group "dates" to have more control over fixture scheduling. And stadiums - stadium 0 will correspond to the first stadium under "stadium pool"

thank you had been fiddling with that looks likes max stadiums allowed  is 16 [0-15] so should be fine:thup:

12 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

You can specify specific group "dates" to have more control over fixture scheduling. And stadiums - stadium 0 will correspond to the first stadium under "stadium pool"

still no joy mate

got everything set up for every group game and KO rounds with nominated stadiums 0-15

b34d8c5deeb5b3d720e468011a54775a.jpg

3406143d99e31c179d47fb9922a7038d.jpg

stadium 0 is being used across several groups  for group stage games and now isnt used as the final venue lol

I have set up 2 stadiums for each group eg Group A has stadiums 0+8, Group B 1+9 etc so the games get spread about

also noted I set up 16 stadiums in stadium pool, now in game it is showing 18, some go unused

c1682f3a3255610ddea9c7ec3153169d.png

Have you tried offset dates for each date, with each offset date set at a specific stadium? And go through all the settings to make sure it doesn't say "neutral" or "home" somewhere (round defaults, stage general etc)

Edit: also sounds like you may not be going to the drop down in the details at the bottom for each entry and picking the option "specific stadium" before selecting one? That's why it's not actually showing up

Edited by themodelcitizen

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Have you tried offset dates for each date, with each offset date set at a specific stadium? And go through all the settings to make sure it doesn't say "neutral" or "home" somewhere (round defaults, stage general etc)

Edit: also sounds like you may not be going to the drop down in the details at the bottom for each entry and picking the option "specific stadium" before selecting one? That's why it's not actually showing up

Thanks again

I had the rounds set up like this believing it would stick to the arranged date and stadiums already set in image 2 below

4c8b76637f95aa41ef05811bf6ad8ac4.jpg

so it would use the dates/fixtures/stadiums set here-

bc434600155a42b9258e403f31ea9889.jpg

now as you were correct in stating I hadnt set extra offset days[which then allows specific stadiums to be named] as I am unsure what to do here with the offset days as there are 8 fixtures in the first KO round 

if you can assist that would be great

cee9f6166682da6021c444d4f739f33c.jpg

Edited by Roy Race 9

right getting the host stadiums to work now:thup: 

42e46db22730e28ad44f821b43a5901d.jpg

the issue is with the fixture date where I have it set up in fixture dates eg QF 2 games on day 1- game 0 and game 1 

day 2 game 2 and game 3 

now all 4 games are playing at the same time/day

I think I have an idea will try it now

010763c6266378ec874237b4a9598a26.jpg

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Cymru/Alba 2026 sounds cool! You can use seedings and team order too to make sure Scotland or Wales are A1 and play the opening game at MIllennium or Hampden as well, with the other team in Group D or whatever with a mostly at-home path to the final

yep got that done:thup:

on a couple of tests seems to work that hosts playing at stadium0/1

Brilliant. To get them consistently playing the upper fixture (of the two offset dates) I *think* you can use the stage flag/other stage flag of "don't randomize teams when scheduling" or something like that and have them as the top seed/first drawn. This might need testing. But I think it's a way to get your host playing the opening game, playing at Stadium 0 every matchday while the other group game is at a smaller stadium, stuff like that

10 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Brilliant. To get them consistently playing the upper fixture (of the two offset dates) I *think* you can use the stage flag/other stage flag of "don't randomize teams when scheduling" or something like that and have them as the top seed/first drawn. This might need testing. But I think it's a way to get your host playing the opening game, playing at Stadium 0 every matchday while the other group game is at a smaller stadium, stuff like that

when trying to go back to check the file in game

wonderful 

08ea1b55d0f97ac108ad061611cb7893.jpg

25 minutes ago, themodelcitizen said:

Pre-game editor shouldn't affect any previously saved games, but yeah, that's a bummer

I was only testing the file with my own custom start date for 2024 so no actual 'real' save but something in the file is causing any attempt to allow a new save to be reloaded if I use this file, I believe it is a conflict with others files I have made

process of elimination now lol

20 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Pre-game editor shouldn't affect any previously saved games, but yeah, that's a bummer

think I have sorted it phew what a nightmare

I use a system due to increased number in teams world cup/euros there is no nations league[I run some regional comps in europe+ mini leagues based on rankings with promotion every 2 years, without friendlies/nations league nations are playing the same anount of games but condensed into the summer  eg home nations/scandi cup/baltic etc that take place when there are no Euros/WC a mini tournament as such]

39b6f45495caab71c2b635d5dab57514.jpg

3ac5998e7d55a6a17e9bf1e6f876784e.jpg

and due to this I had edited international friendlies just to 1 fixture per year , this was causing the issue with a saved game not being allowed to load, as  once I removed that international friendlies competition from the file everything seems fine.

only issue I am seeing now with my group fixtures is they are all play at 20:00 even though they have been staggered to play at different times[15:00 + 20:00] to allow for 2 games at the same stadium per day

the KO rounds run as set up with venue+times using the specific stadiums using the offset option:thup:

but not the group games all group fixtures are set up using specific stadiums too[using offset rules] and it works for 75% of the time but some games do not get played at the stadium specified, but all games play at 20:00 when they have not been set to this :p

Edited by Roy Race 9

Hmm, all I can think is the stadium's occupied and it's rescheduling for the next day at the default time of 20:00 or something. I think you just need 2.5 hours between kickoffs. Group games can all be set using offset dates the same way, which it sounds like you're already doing. You'll have to use "individual group rules" and set them differently for each group obviously

Anyway sometimes the game gets confused if there's a league team who plays home games there too, even if they're not actually loaded in the game. Stadium clashes are annoying af

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Hmm, all I can think is the stadium's occupied and it's rescheduling for the next day at the default time of 20:00 or something. I think you just need 2.5 hours between kickoffs. Group games can all be set using offset dates the same way, which it sounds like you're already doing. You'll have to use "individual group rules" and set them differently for each group obviously

Anyway sometimes the game gets confused if there's a league team who plays home games there too, even if they're not actually loaded in the game. Stadium clashes are annoying af

yes and YES:D

@themodelcitizen @Wolf_pd

I may have cracked this with a lot of 'fannying' about:D

getting the group games to stagger times and the stadiums seem right

in the individual group rules, you select 3 dates only game 0-2-4

cb0f95e51c775472d27b8d3c0cfa23db.jpg

then in each date, set up 1 offset date

under game 0 its game 1

under game 2 its game 3

under game 4 its game 5

873723f2e18d9093228118a3f1884c8a.jpg

In the fixture dates you need 1 back up date

and in the highest/lowest levels untick that[it was set to -1]

54027bc19c3ff0a93e7ca9b5f4e7c4cc.jpg

for the main KO rounds set this to 100 seems to do the trick

ccf9749961057f283980485fa5e44967.jpg

the only issue I cant factor is stadium capacity getting increased in some random stadium and or a new stadium build by the hosts which throws out one or 2 fixtures;)

seems the international comps are hard coded to use capacity to determine the make up of the tournament stadiums, and over ride rules we set even if we have nominated named stadiums under host nation-stadium pool

eg seen a Craig Bellamy[lol] stadium in Cardiff[not used by any club just built for the Euros] appear in several tests with a 55000 capacity, or Welshpool get a massive new stadium, so that bumps the smaller stadium I had set to host group games

but this is working so much better now FYI

Interesting, I don't know if division level is doing anything tbh, could be your other changes. But who knows. For all the offset dates it might not need to be that complex as long as a "specific stadium" is set for each offset date and there are no stadium clashes, but if it works, don't touch it. Lol.

Agreed, changing "stadium rules" for big tournaments doesn't seem to always work. Hosting is weird too. Maybe you can change it in the editor to "flexible format rules"? I can't remember how I was able to change the Copa America host rotation that way in FM18

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Agreed, changing "stadium rules" for big tournaments doesn't seem to always work. Hosting is weird too. Maybe you can change it in the editor to "flexible format rules"? I can't remember how I was able to change the Copa America host rotation that way in FM18

In my experience you need to set it to fixed format, not flexible. When I used flexible it completely ignored everything I set for stadiums/hosts and continued to just use the default non-edited settings. Switching to fixed made it work correctly.

5 hours ago, rusty217 said:

In my experience you need to set it to fixed format, not flexible. When I used flexible it completely ignored everything I set for stadiums/hosts and continued to just use the default non-edited settings. Switching to fixed made it work correctly.

yes using fixed format

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/11/2022 at 06:33, rusty217 said:

When I set my custom Copa to fixed format it just disappears, have you done anything else to yours? Is it still on the default inter_copa xml on the description screen? I can change the format and everything but the hosts still seem hard-coded, can't remember what I did differently in FM18

EDIT: I think I just needed to add the international rules themselves instead of just the competition :seagull: