Tactics & Shortlists

I am having same issue, playing console version on PC and I can not import or upload tactic files with copying files to tactics folder. Playing the game on XBOX Game Pass, I can see if default tactics saved within the game, file automatically places in temporary folder in C':\Users\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023 Console\Temporary', but when I copy external tactic file to that folder, it is automatically being removed by the game itself. As far as I am aware same issue was persistent in FM 22 Xbox version for PC as well. Can somebody help how to solve this, as I find it ridiculous limitation to the game, especially for people who wants to play the game with plug-in tactics. 

Edited by yuriter

vor 6 Stunden schrieb yuriter:

I am having same issue, playing console version on PC and I can not import or upload tactic files with copying files to tactics folder. Playing the game on XBOX Game Pass, I can see if default tactics saved within the game, file automatically places in temporary folder in C':\Users\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023 Console\Temporary', but when I copy external tactic file to that folder, it is automatically being removed by the game itself. As far as I am aware same issue was persistent in FM 22 Xbox version for PC as well. Can somebody help how to solve this, as I find it ridiculous limitation to the game, especially for people who wants to play the game with plug-in tactics. 

I don't have the Xbox version but think it should be same as like on PC. Probably you can only see tactics which you got from steam workshop in the temporary folder. Try to add your tactics to

C:\Users\\Documents\SportsInteractive\Football Manager 2023\tactics

If you don't have the tactics folder just create a new one.

I hope it's gonna help you

If not send me the tactic file and i can do screenshots for you

Edited by Nagatomo

4 hours ago, Nagatomo said:

I don't have the Xbox version but think it should be same as like on PC. Probably you can only see tactics which you got from steam workshop in the temporary folder. Try to add your tactics to

C:\Users\\Documents\SportsInteractive\Football Manager 2023\tactics

If you don't have the tactics folder just create a new one.

I hope it's gonna help you

If not send me the tactic file and i can do screenshots for you

Thanks for your reply, sorry just to clarify, I am playing Console version on PC, and there is already Documents/FM2023 Console/tactics folder, but game is not recognizing any document copied to that folder, I have tried it already. This was same issue in 22 version too. For classic FM 2023 PC Version, tactics folder works fine so it is possible to import tactics easily. Problem here is with Console version, as not everyone is fan of playing full version I believe.

Edited by yuriter

Am 10.11.2022 um 18:22 schrieb yuriter:

Thanks for your reply, sorry just to clarify, I am playing Console version on PC, and there is already Documents/FM2023 Console/tactics folder, but game is not recognizing any document copied to that folder, I have tried it already. This was same issue in 22 version too. For classic FM 2023 PC Version, tactics folder works fine so it is possible to import tactics easily. Problem here is with Console version, as not everyone is fan of playing full version I believe.

Sad to hear that. But like I said if you want just send me the tactic file and i can send you all instructions as screenshot

7 minutes ago, bbuullddoogg said:

The game is trying to do you a favor. Downloading tactics is a one way ticket to the dark side...

The game is allowing to import/load tactics in full version, so game is trying to do a favor to us only in Console version? 

• 9 months later...

So i guess this issues has not been resolved...seems you can only load tactics you save from this version itself.

Anyone got anywhere with loading skins in the Console Edition for PC?

• 2 weeks later...

The tactics on console and full PC version aren't the same. There are a few instructions that are missing I believe. Probably the reason you can't use tactics between the two, I've tried myself. If you search Youtube for FM tactics and fine one you like they normally talk through the tactic and you can follow along. Problem is that no doubt their tactic will include an instruction you cannot give :)

• 3 months later...
On 13/09/2023 at 13:24, RenatoDonarinho said:

The tactics on console and full PC version aren't the same. There are a few instructions that are missing I believe. Probably the reason you can't use tactics between the two, I've tried myself. If you search Youtube for FM tactics and fine one you like they normally talk through the tactic and you can follow along. Problem is that no doubt their tactic will include an instruction you cannot give :)

Is it the same for Skins???

I have tried to find the folder on the PC that the tactic is saved in when you save it from the Console edition but no such luck...wondering if it is saved in the cloud but even that on previous versions had a folder on the PC that stored cloud files.

7 minutes ago, garmac said:

Is it the same for Skins???

I have tried to find the folder on the PC that the tactic is saved in when you save it from the Console edition but no such luck...wondering if it is saved in the cloud but even that on previous versions had a folder on the PC that stored cloud files.

I’ve not found how to change skins. Few things that seem hidden on console version even on PC 

Changing skins is possible on the Console PC version but I've not heard of any version available. Importing tactics on Console PC version is also possible but it an absolute pain 

Le 09/01/2024 à 18:41, João14 a dit :

Changing skins is possible on the Console PC version but I've not heard of any version available. Importing tactics on Console PC version is also possible but it an absolute pain 

I think it's impossible to change the skin. Last year I tried using Resources Archiver. I would just like to make the background of the squad transparent to have my backgrounds.