wage budget doesnt update/reflect

So I dont know if its a new feature, or I just always missed it, but when halfway through the season you are presented with the expiring contracts, the players who you set for release, wont be calculated in the budget anymore. Which is great, no more doing the maths yourself. offcours you still pay them the remainder of the season, but it gives a clearer picture

In my curent (first) save, the players im going to release will save up about 50k of my 150k/week wage budget (of which im slighty over atm)

20221106134553_1.thumb.jpg.0d74786a7fd7ac2946412efb20033c0b.jpg

As i remember, next years budget will only come in at the end of the season, but lets just assume its the same, or maybe slightly lower (140k?). It gives me a 40k wiggle room to make new signings of players whose contracts expire this summer. However, while the game actually recognises it as spare wage budget, i cant actually use it in a contract offer:

20221106134915_1.thumb.jpg.e5b9046744fab8209848600622f0f4b0.jpg

I can only offer 2.5k, which is offcours ridiculous and will never get him to agree to, as his demand is 6k. The game says I have the spare budget, but i cant use it..... this seriously hampers my efforts for next season and basicly sets me back 6 months...

So is this working as intended, or is this a bug? Btw, i was able to give a player of mine whose contract runs out in 18months, a new contract with a 5k wage raise (starting next season), so there it does recognise it....

To me it looks like your main problem is not having enough transfer budget. The sign on fee comes out of that and the bar is completely red. Usually when signing out of contract players it will use money from next years budget if there isn't enough, but it looks like the fee will be more than your current transfer budget and next seasons transfer budget combined. 

But yeah, offering someone higher squad status is also a good way to increase the money you are able to offer. 

19 minutes ago, Nacaw said:

To me it looks like your main problem is not having enough transfer budget. The sign on fee comes out of that and the bar is completely red. Usually when signing out of contract players it will use money from next years budget if there isn't enough, but it looks like the fee will be more than your current transfer budget and next seasons transfer budget combined. 

But yeah, offering someone higher squad status is also a good way to increase the money you are able to offer. 

Squad status was important player. My other important players are on more than 2k a week....

The game hasnt communicated next years budget to me yet... so if this is the issue (which i personally doubt as the signing on fee is is not extravagant)), its very poorly communicated.

To me it just doesnt make sense that im not allowed to offer more, while i (as mentioned higher) i could extend a player with for more wage

15 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

Squad status was important player. My other important players are on more than 2k a week....

The game hasnt communicated next years budget to me yet... so if this is the issue (which i personally doubt as the signing on fee is is not extravagant)), its very poorly communicated.

To me it just doesnt make sense that im not allowed to offer more, while i (as mentioned higher) i could extend a player with for more wage

It has though, it says right there in your own screenshot "minimum guaranteed 79.65k". This is the number the game will use until the final budget is announced. The transfer cost is 7.5k right now and 83.5k when he actually signs. 

To me, your offer is more than you can currently afford and I am surprised that the game let's you spend that much while being in a difficult financial position.