Wrong UCL format

So SI announcing their UEFA deal promised there will be changes in european cups structures. There are changes from season 24/25 but Swiss system supposed to be in UEFA competitions isn't reflected in FM 23.

So i simulated until season 25/26 and you can see Bayern schedule as of 1 September 2025. We already know all 8 opponents while in real life Bayern should learn each opponent after each match (so winners play vs winners, losers vs losers).

Is it a bug which will be fixed or it's a feature and SI can't implement new european cups structure properly?

Screenshot_3.jpg

Edited by kireby

I thought the format was effectively four groups of nine teams playing each other once (hence the 8 games, rather than the 6 it is now), and this was drawn up beforehand, meaning you WOULD know what eight teams you would be facing? Maybe I've misunderstood though. 

EDIT - Actually, scratch that, just reading up on it just now, and you're right, there should be no way that's predetermined beforehand. 

2nd EDIT - Now another source says the teams will be drawn beforehand, unlike the traditional Swiss Chess method. Who knows what to believe? Why couldn't they have just left it as is?

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

It is 100% NOT going to be a swiss system, SI have the format correct. The teams are divided into 4 pots of 9 teams based on coefficient, and you play 2 teams from each pot (8 games total). All fixtures are determined before league phase starts

Edited by dpt8544

• FrazT locked this topic