FM23 Console Edition

Coming back to XBox and GamePass and now also for PS5 on launch day. Anyone else going to be playing this version this year? Any hopes for new features or streamlined navigation?

I played FM22 on Gamepass with the older Xbox so was limited to 5 leagues per save but enjoyed the game for what it is. Hoping the PS5 can match 10 leagues per save as the latest version and I'll likely be switching to that version as a result.

Should the console version continue to be a deliberately designed streamlined version of the game, or should that be left to FM Touch, and this version and beyond strive to include as much as it can?

I am hoping that players get annoyed with you if you reject offers from bigger clubs etc....

I found that I could buy wonderkids from south america on 5 year deals, with no release clause, keep them for the full 5 years and just reject every offer that came in, and he would just put up with it until contract renewal.... kinda sucked the fun out after i realised this happened

23 hours ago, The _Captain said:

No it should absolutely remain as streamlined as possible, just focus on the football and leave all the 1% of performance stuff on the full fat version.

Game is much more enjoyable when you spend more time in matches and less time skipping emails and meetings.

Agree with you. It does add a level of difficulty also not having access to features which the player has a big advantage with which is appreciable. I do miss being able to tell the players how rubbish they were at full time though!

Edited by wearesporting

2 hours ago, rstephens18 said:

I am hoping that players get annoyed with you if you reject offers from bigger clubs etc....

I found that I could buy wonderkids from south america on 5 year deals, with no release clause, keep them for the full 5 years and just reject every offer that came in, and he would just put up with it until contract renewal.... kinda sucked the fun out after i realised this happened

I found this too. A little too easy to cling on to players at times. I generally only lose them when they insist on release fee clauses and they get hit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2022 at 17:19, Steve1977beyond said:

Hopefully none of this, player x is worth between 20k and 2m nonsense

That adds realism to the game, In real life you wouldn’t get a scout report that says he is exactly worth said figure. Personally would love to see FM go down the route of taking a week in game to get a scout report as right now it’s easy to get a scout report on deadline day in say 1 hour. 

Edited by zakbrown96