Computer scanning and football manager

I’m wandering if anyone can help. I’ve just used windows defender to scan my laptop. I forgot to put football manager as a exempt file. There are no noticeable problems so far but I’m worried that it is going to affect the game in the long run. Is this likely. Also will I be able to tell if the game is effected. Thanks in advance 

5 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Scanning is just a scan.. you can add fm as an exempt app at any point...

I did a scan and haven’t in the last scan added it as exempt is it likely to affect it? 

Edited by Brad0026

2 minutes ago, Brad0026 said:

Thank you warlock what is likely to be effected and what warning signs will I get? 

A scan is simply a scan.. it looks for issues... if it didnt find any, it wouldn't have affected anything.. and if it did find something it woild have presented you with a list of issues it found and asked you if you wanted to solve them.

In ye olden times programs like avast or AVG would occasionally false flag the FM.exe and quarantine it/remove it. With windows defender I don't think I've heard of that happening at all, at least not in recent times. 

Fairly simple way to keep it in mind though since you're generally disregarding the advice given by Welshace so far.

If anything has removed a .dll file (unsure if FM uses these tbh) or .exe file for the game its fairly obvious. Your game doesn't work no more. If the game still boots up and plays, then nothing has happened to it. 

5 hours ago, Welshace said:

A scan is simply a scan.. it looks for issues... if it didnt find any, it wouldn't have affected anything.. and if it did find something it woild have presented you with a list of issues it found and asked you if you wanted to solve them.

Thank you mate 

5 hours ago, santy001 said:

In ye olden times programs like avast or AVG would occasionally false flag the FM.exe and quarantine it/remove it. With windows defender I don't think I've heard of that happening at all, at least not in recent times. 

Fairly simple way to keep it in mind though since you're generally disregarding the advice given by Welshace so far.

If anything has removed a .dll file (unsure if FM uses these tbh) or .exe file for the game its fairly obvious. Your game doesn't work no more. If the game still boots up and plays, then nothing has happened to it. 

Thank you mate