Improving my lock-block 433DM

Hi gang !

Season 10 in my FM21 save, I'm having a fairly successful time (for once) with a 433DM Low-Block (yes, you read that right).

I'm really happy with our defensive record, quite happy with our offensive record...but I feel like could/should do better.

One of the areas where I cannot seem to fully unlock the potential is my IFa.  I thought the tactic was really well setup to allow him clear cut chances, but he does not seem to get as many opportunities as I expected...instead, my IWa (not as good offensively) seem to get some more regularly.

Below the main tactic (with a split block ; changind at time the FBs and CMs roles against stronger opponents) :

Révélation

Aucune description disponible.

By far my three most expensive/talented players are the 3 forwards. The three of them are superb, and I thought IWa/DLFs/IFa would be the most efficient way to unlock Borisov, as right wing IFa, which I expected more goals from :

Révélation

While his tally ain't bad but he underperformed too often to my taste (with a terrible streak in the past season, 4 goals in 24 games at one moment).

Below our assist/conceded goals if that's of any help :

Révélation

While our good results should be enough to satisfy us...any idea on how to improve his chances ?

Do you have any one apart from the DLP playing risky passes. I don't what to change this cause it is working for you. Considering your IF has 17 goals and 8 assists I think he is playing well enough...  

6 hours ago, Cassius said:

any idea on how to improve his chances ?

If you mean improving his chance creation then you may need the DLF to make more attacking runs, so he creates more; if you mean improving the amount of CCC/HC, apart from the DLP I don't think he is doing poorly considering he has 17 goals in 24 games in PL. 

Nice you have a working low block looks like something I could do for a Chelsea 04/05 recreation.

Edited by De Nile

il y a 12 minutes, De Nile a dit :

Iif you mean improving the amount of CCC/HC, apart from the DLP I don't think he is doing poorly considering he has 17 goals in 24 games in PL.

Yeah, that's what I meant. The things is, from what I see, more often than not he tend creates his own chances (by taking on two players are having a cheaky shot from an impossible angle) rather than having CCC/HC served on a plate for him.

I think the overal roles upfront and in the middle make sense, I was wondering though if :
-  playing him as
Raumdauter role would allow him to find better space ? I already have a "roam from position" PI active for him though, so maybe what would happend would just be him disappearing from the game and/or not helping defensively ?
- changing the right-back from FBa to WBs. Maybe by having the right-back pushing up later on, the opposition defense will pay less attention to the right side ?

But yeah...the tactic works fine, it's just a question of getting 100% from it (which my turn hard games against top side into wins more over than not!)

Il y a 1 heure, Tibalg a dit :

Why not playing him in Support ? He might be too attacking into an attacking duty (and support still conserve a strong mentality anyway)

And with that you could have the FB(a) closer to him

I've never thought about that ! May be worth a try