Is there a way to stop certain teams from getting relegated(Simple or Advance)

HurkaDurk69

So, I want certain teams in the Philippines to have B teams. The problem that I noticed was however, even if I set the relegated places to 0, the B team still got relegated. And since there was not a league under it, the team went into the void. 

So my question is, is there an option to stop certain teams to not relegated.

I would really prefer it in the Simple Rules, and other work arounds before I dwelve into the Advandce Rules

On 31/12/2021 at 02:45, HurkaDurk69 said:

That is fine

On 02/01/2022 at 00:50, DominicForza said:

Does that work for a spefic season(s) or if you exclude a team from relegation will it be permanent?

It will be permanent, but you can also add a new rule that will take over from a given year if you desire. You duplicate your rule, say that the "original" rule ends in 2021/2022, and the "copy" starts from 2022/2023 onwards.

On 02/01/2022 at 06:20, rusty217 said:

Whereabouts? I've looked for it before but haven't found where it is yet.

Sorry, I forgot to check the forum. I took an old db as an example; the relevant section is "Fate Exceptions". This is the FM21 Editor, but I don't see why it should be any different in FM22.

editor_2022-01-05_08-38-32.png

There's also the possibility to exclude a given team from relegation if you want to prevent one specific team from being relegated instead of a type of team (like Reserves/B club).

editor_2022-01-05_08-43-28.thumb.png.dedecd21d1e4fb969ab5596484bd3ceb.png

You can also have B teams be able to be promoted and relegated, but have a fixed number of B teams in a league, the Dutch way. That way there always will be two B teams in the league, but depending of their performances they may be replaced by other B teams from a lower division. It prevents a country to have for example 15 teams out of 20 that are B teams in a division... although the AI is so bad at managing their junior teams (and at squad management overall) that it never happens. Actually, it's more likely that there would be fewer and fewer B teams in the higher divisions as time goes on, which causes the opposite problem: the lower divisions becoming stacked with mismanaged B teams because the AI can't be arsed to do anything about it.

editor_2022-01-05_08-48-35.thumb.png.e992ba83cf63b2deb3b7878e48c4137b.png

Edited by Xavier Lukhas

4 hours ago, Xavier Lukhas said:
On 01/01/2022 at 18:50, DominicForza said:

Does that work for a spefic season(s) or if you exclude a team from relegation will it be permanent?

It will be permanent, but you can also add a new rule that will take over from a given year if you desire. You duplicate your rule, say that the "original" rule ends in 2021/2022, and the "copy" starts from 2022/2023 onwards.

ah, i see.  very cool.   thank you for that