Improve of free-kick / Conner-kick / Penalty-Kick taker capacity

There are actual hidden "set pieces" and "penalties" attributes with 0-20 values, but from what I've seen, they never change.

It would be good if that was one of the things that people could train or be mentored on. I hope SI Games can make that happen at some point in the future!

That said, I think it's likely that the hidden attributes are only one thing taken into account with free kicks / penalties. For example young players are often not great at penalties - even a young player with a high "penalties" attribute will miss quite a few, whereas an older player with a lower value is more likely to convert more. Maybe it's because their Shooting is likely higher for the older player, maybe it's just experience etc. So you could train up player's other abilities which help with Set Pieces.

1 hour ago, StephenCronin said:

There are actual hidden "set pieces" and "penalties" attributes with 0-20 values, but from what I've seen, they never change.

It would be good if that was one of the things that people could train or be mentored on. I hope SI Games can make that happen at some point in the future!

That said, I think it's likely that the hidden attributes are only one thing taken into account with free kicks / penalties. For example young players are often not great at penalties - even a young player with a high "penalties" attribute will miss quite a few, whereas an older player with a lower value is more likely to convert more. Maybe it's because their Shooting is likely higher for the older player, maybe it's just experience etc. So you could train up player's other abilities which help with Set Pieces.

In old training system of FMM, set pieces could be improved by "tactics" training. But no for current training system. 

Agree with you, we can train "Crossing" to help improvement of corner kicker 

Le 01/12/2021 à 23:46, StephenCronin a dit :

I'd like to know how it works too, also corners and free kicks.

I assumed it was based on technique and shooting for penalties, and passing and crossing for corners, because when you select your takers in the tactical overview these are the abilities you can sort the players by.

Now I realize I should have checked if this was really consistant with what the assman says "expert in dead ball situations" / "good penalty taker" etc..

I like to imagine it's a mix of shooting, pressure, technique, big matches if it's one, consistency and decisions.

Shooting from Free kicks, have a look for the capable of shooting from distance attribute, that will help ;).

Delivery from Free kicks, technique.

Corners, technique.

(Obviously check that the coach report doesn't tell you he's a ***** set piece taker else the above is pointless).

Edited by KICKERS