Leagues as inapp purchase

Well why not. Keep the 5-10 most popular leagues as standard and then have all the other leagues as inapp purchases. As one league or in a pack with regional leagues. The options are many and should give the game som money 😃

the databases already exists via the pcgame 

17 hours ago, Cothucotchy said:

Well why not. Keep the 5-10 most popular leagues as standard and then have all the other leagues as inapp purchases. As one league or in a pack with regional leagues. The options are many and should give the game som money 😃

the databases already exists via the pcgame 

I've never come across someone who wants to be charged for extended access to a game's features that is already free after purchase of the base game.

Maxis do this kind of thing with the Sims franchise and it's revolting.

Frankly speaking, if the developers of FM can afford to release a single game per year then I can't see money being too much of an issue for them... but what do I know?

• SI Staff

We won't be doing this - simply put from an economic perspective it'd not make a huge amount of sense - the vast majority of people play as the biggest clubs in the top leagues in the world, but we want to make the best game possible for all people not just appeal to those who support the biggest clubs.

As such we will continue to support as many nations leagues as we can and allow everyone free access to their league of choice within the game.

We will continue to have selected in-app purchases, but they will continue to be things that you can generally unlock through normal play in the game and the product will never be 'pay to win.'

@Marc Vaughan - I assume this wouldn't be possible as the licenses have probably expired or don't cover this usage, but ... What I would really really love and be willing to pay for, would be for you to dust off some of those floppy disks with the old DBs on them and make them compatible with the current version and release them as an in app purchase. Starting DB choice of November, March, CM01/02 etc! 😄

Like I say, I'm assuming this would be a non starter, but that would be glorious... 

• SI Staff
39 minutes ago, StephenCronin said:

@Marc Vaughan - I assume this wouldn't be possible as the licenses have probably expired or don't cover this usage, but ... What I would really really love and be willing to pay for, would be for you to dust off some of those floppy disks with the old DBs on them and make them compatible with the current version and release them as an in app purchase. Starting DB choice of November, March, CM01/02 etc! 😄

Like I say, I'm assuming this would be a non starter, but that would be glorious... 

Hi - yeah I'm sorry that isn't possible, I know because I've looked into it (I proposed a variant of the game years ago where you could start in a historic year and move forward with the 'real' players coming through in youth teams etc. ... unfortunately legal shot that down really quickly :( ).

18 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Hi - yeah I'm sorry that isn't possible, I know because I've looked into it (I proposed a variant of the game years ago where you could start in a historic year and move forward with the 'real' players coming through in youth teams etc. ... unfortunately legal shot that down really quickly :( ).

Thanks. What a pity, that would have been GREAT! But I guess not a surprise... 🙁

Em 06/10/2021 em 12:37, Marc Vaughan disse:

Not even from free databases like the old CM01/02 that's been free for years? I would be amazing to have retro databases but I guess these days everything is illegal 😜