How to turn possession into chances

52 dakika önce, Fmhnunter said:

image.thumb.png.4fe6bcfdf0212e453a7890758af019f2.png

Your problem isn't creating enough chances with high possession. It is connection. These midfielders only do their own job and they don't help each other. Your defence and attack have no connection because of this. Which role can connect defence and attack? From this picture I only see wingbacks, if they are not marked out. So this is a predictable build-up and these two options can be easily hindered. 

You can solve this connection issue by changing role on LCM. You can use basic roles like BBMs, CARs, BWMs, CMs or a creative RPMs if you would like to use a playmaker. I wouldn't use a RPMs because most roles around him have high risks. Use a player that can support attack and defence with his workrate.

After this change; you can see better build-up and transitions on the left half of the pitch. Watch your games and decide which role/duty combinations can be better for RCM-RB partnership.

15 hours ago, Fmhnunter said:

How can I turn possession into better chances

You need to take more risks at the cost of possibly loosing possession. 

• Increase the tempo if you want the ball to circulate more quickly
  • allow your Creative players or up front players in general more direct passing if your players are just passing it sideways and let out opportunities for passes towards the goal
  • allow more creative freedom (be more expressive), if players are not offering enough passing options and you want them to make more unexpected moves
  • stretch the play by widening attacking width (if your attack in general is too congested)
  • pass into space if the other team is pressing high
  • Overload the attacking third by sending more players forward (only if you really need to score in the last 15 minutes)

there is more but I’m just trying to give you an idea. Obviously don’t use it all at once

There's no greater danger than playing it safe.:brock:

When in possession do you have a playmaker and/or striker that can do want he wants. If so give them the most creative attacking freedom.

Then give them options make sure each role compliments the other, check for which space they occupy in attack and know what each role does say I play this 433 I have a lone playmaking striker, I need to make sure someone gets into the box like lampard so the opposition doesn't know who to mark.

Now about the tactic

Why are you playing a DLF(s)? Who is going to get in the box? the IF can easily be marked and the mezzala can easily be pushed out wide far from goal.

Where is the pivot? You play a HB which is fine but when pressured or marked how many times does the midfield drop back and give him options or does he occasionally boot it. Isn't much easier to use an anchor man or DM(d).

Why is your playmaker on support? If he cant pass to anyone does he dribble.

And who supports the midfield in defense, the mezzala doesn't defend as much.

How many times does the IF actually penetrate the defense?

Why is there no transition even if you don't have for attack at least have one for defense and vise versa.

Asking a select few play direct passes helps break stubborn sides.

I know you ask about possession but it is good to increase the number of opposition turnovers.

I ask these questions for the OP sometimes if there is a problem it is good to ask why your doing it, what you expect to happen, and what has happened.

Edited by De Nile