Why did my player go insane?

In my second season in charge of Bristol City I brought in Scott Robertson as a Center-Mid. He led my team as I demolished the Championship and got promoted to the Premier League.

I played his a a BBM or a DLP. He played great had 12 assist with a 7.15 rating. He has 11 in Tackling, 11 in Aggression and the only trait that might matter is that he has Winds Up Opponents.

In the Premier League I played him in the same roles BBM and DLP. Iin the 4th game of the season, he does a bad tackle, gets a red card, and is suspended an extra two matches. He plays in the 9th game of the season does great and scores a goal. But then, in the 10th game of the season he does another bad tackle, gets suspended for another extra two games.

In the Championship I did play with Get Stuck In on, but I have not used it in the Premier League.

Why did my player go nuts?

PS:
After the second game I demoted him to the U23 and transfer listed him.

Unless his Dirtiness is exceptionally high, which you'd see in his Coach Report, it could also be that the quality of the opposition is much higher, meaning he can no longer cope without fouling people (could be exacerbated by tactics in which he doesn't have enough defensive support).