Inbox news text size?

Watson156

I am hoping that somebody can help me. How can I make the main body text size a little bit smaller. I've had a look at the panels that I could find, or thought that would control this, and while I think that I've found the one that controls the headline size, I couldn't seem to find how to change the size of the other text. 

spacer.png

• 1 year later...
Em 31/08/2021 em 13:29, Watson156 disse:

I am hoping that somebody can help me. How can I make the main body text size a little bit smaller. I've had a look at the panels that I could find, or thought that would control this, and while I think that I've found the one that controls the headline size, I couldn't seem to find how to change the size of the other text. 

spacer.png

Hi mate, sorry to bump this, but did you manage to find and adjust the above? If so, would you mind sharing how to, please?

I'm looking for the same thing, I got the headlines, but nothing seems to work for both the inbox text and the text on news items sidebar on the left.

Thanks in advance!

Indeed, @_Ben_.

There are actually two "inbox" fonts under /fonts folder. Although, I gave them a shot playing around with the sizes, didn't see much difference in game while editing them directly.

I will give it another go later on, with more time and care.  Thanks for your reply.

6 minutes ago, lugui said:

Indeed, @_Ben_.

There are actually two "inbox" fonts under /fonts folder. Although, I gave them a shot playing around with the sizes, didn't see much difference in game while editing them directly.

I will give it another go later on, with more time and care.  Thanks for your reply.

inbox_body is what you want...

<record>
    <string id="file_name" value="text.xml"/>
    <!--<colour id="fill_colour" name="white"/>-->
    <real id="extra_height" value="0.2"/>
    <real id="font_size_small" value="27" />
    <real id="font_size_normal" value="27" />
    <real id="font_size_large" value="27" />
</record>

I've added the three bottom lines of code, and I can get this:

759ccfae3270e041152b1721cea6ea98.png

Oh, @_Ben_, you always come in clutch, mate. Thanks a lot, that seems to be the way.

Now, a silly question: I imagine that the text sizes inside the various news_item and human xmls related to the inbox stuff will behave individually, or should I assume that adjusting as you indicated, they will all use only one size standardized?

I don't know if I made myself clear, but in my case, I would like to make all the texts such as  <real id="font_size_small" value="10.5" />, for example, should I have to go in each xml and adjust ?

Edited by lugui

Not necessarily. Notice how it pulls from text.xml? If you want to change the size of the text everywhere, edit that file. If the panel inside those xmls stipulates a size, you'll have to do them individually. Go silly with text.xml and change the size to "40" just so you can be sure you'd see the impact of it everywhere and then dig through those xmls would be my suggestion!

Em 23/01/2023 em 17:09, _Ben_ disse:

Not necessarily. Notice how it pulls from text.xml? If you want to change the size of the text everywhere, edit that file. If the panel inside those xmls stipulates a size, you'll have to do them individually. Go silly with text.xml and change the size to "40" just so you can be sure you'd see the impact of it everywhere and then dig through those xmls would be my suggestion!

Once again, I'd just like to thank you.

And in case other people are looking for this kind of adjustment, yes, indeed: changing things in inbox_titleinbox_body and text under /fonts will allow you to adjust font sizes around the inbox screens and several other panels, as well as many screens across the game (specially messing with the text file, so be sure to backup and observe).

In my case, that was exactly what I was looking for.