Youth player not recovering from fatigue

Summary: Youth player is in a consistent "low fatigue" status

Description of Issue: This player is a regen and has been showing 'low fatigue' since he was signed into my youth team. This player has only played in 5 games, we are 9 games into the season. Most of the games he comes in as a sub.

Steps to repro: 

1. Moved youth player from U18s to senior

2. Allowed player to play through game(s)

3. Rested player (right click > training > rest) 

4. Allowed player to go through "recovery" via training

5. Player still shows as low fatigue

File uploaded to cloud: Yes (e.f wrexham.fc) 

• Administrators

Thanks for taking the time to flag this and provide a save. Our QA team will look to investigate the issue - there aren't any plans for further updates for FM21, but will be looked at for any future versions.

If we do find the issue is as you've said and we can suggest a workaround or something similar, we'll let you know.

Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Thanks for taking the time to flag this and provide a save. Our QA team will look to investigate the issue - there aren't any plans for further updates for FM21, but will be looked at for any future versions.

If we do find the issue is as you've said and we can suggest a workaround or something similar, we'll let you know.

Thanks. 

Thank you Neil - I appreciate it. 

• SI Staff

Hi @therealpete

I've had a look at your save - could you confirm that the player in question is Lloyd Noswroth?

By sending him on an individual rest for 2 weeks twice in a row (4 weeks total), I've managed to get his Fatigue level to return to "Fresh".

This may seem like quite an extreme action to take but it is working as intended.

"Fatigue" is designed in game to represent a player's "long term fitness" so just a few days of rest won't have enough of an impact to remove all the fatigue a player has gained from training and matches (even if only a few sub apps!). 

As it seems this player has only just been moved to first team squad, it's likely he won't have been a part of the first team's pre-season training, which is where players build up this long term fitness and get some credit in the bank - I'd guess that this is why he is showing some signs of low fatigue already.

It's also worth mentioning that "Low" fatigue isn't really something to be concerned about and should be expected in all players at some point during the season. I don't think difference between "Fresh" and "Low" fatigue levels are worth sending a player on a 4 week break mid season for, but hopefully you'll see the player return fresh for next season and with a proper pre-season he'll have a better chance of retaining that level for longer :)

Hope that all makes sense and let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Andrew James said:

Hi @therealpete

I've had a look at your save - could you confirm that the player in question is Lloyd Noswroth?

By sending him on an individual rest for 2 weeks twice in a row (4 weeks total), I've managed to get his Fatigue level to return to "Fresh".

This may seem like quite an extreme action to take but it is working as intended.

"Fatigue" is designed in game to represent a player's "long term fitness" so just a few days of rest won't have enough of an impact to remove all the fatigue a player has gained from training and matches (even if only a few sub apps!). 

As it seems this player has only just been moved to first team squad, it's likely he won't have been a part of the first team's pre-season training, which is where players build up this long term fitness and get some credit in the bank - I'd guess that this is why he is showing some signs of low fatigue already.

It's also worth mentioning that "Low" fatigue isn't really something to be concerned about and should be expected in all players at some point during the season. I don't think difference between "Fresh" and "Low" fatigue levels are worth sending a player on a 4 week break mid season for, but hopefully you'll see the player return fresh for next season and with a proper pre-season he'll have a better chance of retaining that level for longer :)

Hope that all makes sense and let me know if you have any questions. 

Cheers.

Yes sorry - I completely forgot to include the players name! Lloyd Noswroth is the player in question.. 

Thanks for taking the time to investigate and reply back, I pushed through my season (promoted!). When the players returned from summer break, Lloyd had 'fresh' fatigue level and is now a starting player. 

Have a great week Andrew!