How to stop/take advantage of "Blocked Shots."

Using my current tactic I get a lot of shots blocked. I believe it is a result of my narrow possession based tactic that sees a lot of teams sitting deep and just crowding the box.

Would, "Hit Early Crosses" help stop this? What other methods can I use to take get away from so many blocked shots?

19 hours ago, Herolover said:

Using my current tactic I get a lot of shots blocked. I believe it is a result of my narrow possession based tactic that sees a lot of teams sitting deep and just crowding the box.

Would, "Hit Early Crosses" help stop this? What other methods can I use to take get away from so many blocked shots?

Maybe show your tactics, so people can have a look at it. 

anyway, unsettling the defense by player movement, tempo and more diagonal passing might be key for you to bring your players into better scoring positions 

On 07/08/2021 at 07:56, Herolover said:

I have the same issues often so when I saw “narrow possession based tactic” i just nodded. I don’t think early crosses would work for you (you don’t want to go away from what makes your tactic successful). Depending on how/why the shots are getting blocked I sometimes add “shoot on sight” to get players to stop messing around, increase the tempo (if build up is too slow), or decrease tempo (if players are rushing their passes and therefor not finding players in dangerous positions).

Showing us the tactic might help too, but I think you have to see why shots are getting blocked and then figure out how to adjust accordingly to address the root cause (rather than the symptom).

Edited by 13th Man