[FM21] Custom Nation - Samsara (WIP)

Samsara

Welcome to the nation of Samsara, an island nation located in the North Atlantic and home to almost 70 million people. An open and inclusive society with cultural ties to Western Europe and the Nordic Counties. A traditional sea faring nation with important trading links to Europe and North America the county is home to people of culturally diverse backgrounds, as is evident in the settlement, and football club, names, with British, Dutch, German, and Scandinavian roots being evident.

Home to thriving football league founded in 1888 that until recently has remained isolated from the international scene. But with popularity comes money and recently the entire league system has been flooded with cash and has turned fully professional. With this has come entry to the European and International Competitions. Historicorically the leagues have been dynamic, with teams rising and falling through the system on a regular basis, will that now change? and can the teams become strong enough to compete with the European Elite?

Flag.png.abd550cff677379a550e96dd44654cad.png

Samsara-0_01.png.2535b044a89b1659e35b4ab122bdedcb.png

Football System

The league system consists of 5 tiers with 192 teams, multiple cup competitions, as well as a prestigious Under 21 competition

1. Premier 1 – 16 Teams, 3 relegated
  2. Premier 2 – 16 Teams 2+1 promoted, 4 relegated
  3. League 1 – 2 leagues of 20 teams, 1+1 promoted and 3 relegated each
  4. League 2 – 2 League of 20 teams, 2+1 promoted and 4 relegated each
  5. Conference – 8 leagues of 10 teams, 8 teams promoted from a 64 teams playoff system

The cups

• Samsara Cup, National cup open to all 192 and the 16 best U21 teams from the previous season
  • Premier Cup – Premier 1 and 2 teams, group stage then knockout
  • League Cup – League 1 and 2 teams, group stage then knockout
  • Conference Cup – Conference teams, group stage then knockout
  • Conference Championship – 8 League winner, part of the Playoff system to determin an overall champion
  • Regional cups – 4 preseason straight knockout cups (clubs in European competition do not take part as it clashes with the qualifying rounds)  

Under 21

• All 192 teams split into 8 regions,
  • each of these are split into 4 groups of 6
  • Play other teams in their group twice and the remaining teams in the region once
  • 4 Group winners and next best 4 teams in each region qualify for regional finals
  • Regional winner and runner up qualify for next season Samsara Cup
  •  8 regional winners qualify for national finals, straight knockout

Teams of intrerest

Historically the most succesful teams, in Premier 1 unless noted

• Forde Dockers - 12 League Championship, 10 Samsara Cup, 12 other trophies (recently relegated tp Premier 2)
  • Trebroer Forent - 9 League Championship, 7 Samsara Cup, 9 other trophies
  • Arsenal Trebroer - 9 League Championship, 6 Samsara Cup, 9 other trophies
  • Boven Rovers - 3 League Championship, 4 Samsara Cup, 10 other trophies
  • Forde Locomotive Works - 3 League Championship, 5 Samsara Cup, 14 other trophies (League 1)
  • Boven Villa - 4 League Championship, 4 Samsara Cup, 8 other trophies

Forde Dockers, Arsenal Trebroer and Boven Rovers have never played lower than Premier 2 in 120 seasons of the league.

Conference ever present teams, 44 seasons since its formation

• Kenmore Clansmen
  • Baarle Zwervers

No Trophies

• Baarle Zwervers
  • Laksvaten Sportsklubben

Most Sucessful under 21's

• Dunheeda City - 3 national and 8 Regional Championships

Project details

This has been a personal project I have been working on since 2012 on and off, lockdown has given me chance to really get my teeth into it, im just happy to finally have it to a stage where I can share it.

The nation itself and the league system is based on the British isles, though the fact the map is similar is purely coincidental, I had to rotate it 90 degrees at one point to fit it in the North Sea, before I has to move it so I could scale it up, and it was then I realised.

I had been hoping to release this sooner, but I got lost in the data editing aspect, including all league standings and club records. This should have been done about March time, but that came and went, so I thought I might as well get this out there now. With the vast bulk of it completed, I am hoping to transfer to FM22.

As a personal project I have created 120 season of football from 1888/89 to 2019-20, including all league tables and all results (this is about 500,000 matches in total) and I thought it was about time I added this to Football Manager.

I have replaced Gibraltar to do this, it just seemed simpler than trying to add an extinct nation to the European Championships.

Money should be no issue in this save, with a total of £1Billion being awarded in TV money and Prize money every season

Know Issues

None of these are gamebreaking, but are more of an annoyance, probably only for me

• All the cups, except the Samsara cup are seeding based, but this breaks down in the later rounds, as am example in the Premier Cup the qualifiers are all ranked 1-16 based on group performance. 1st seed should always play the lowest remaining seed at home, not always the case.
  • Under 21 Regional Championship has a convoluted playoff system, in the penultimate round teams are getting drawn against the wrong opposition occasionally.
  • In the U21 again, the league leaders are listed as champion not the play off winner
  • Teams in the conference that reach the playoff do not get a league history recorded, works fine for the other leagues
  • In the conference occasionally teams end up in the wrong division, teams from Kullerup usually. This corrects itself after a season but really bugs me. But as we know the game has never been the best at always getting teams in the correct regional division.
  • Though the country has high ratings and so do several the clubs, as there are no people added to the database, the maximum player PA that is generated at the start is 130, though staff can go up to 200. After the first youth intake this increases, it is annoying to get a whole bunch of 160+ 15- and 16-year-olds dominating the teams.
  • There will be the odd spelling errors and typos (sorry)

Next Steps (Most Likely FM22)

• Correct club colours and kits, such a fiddly process
  • Get stadium names sorted, can't see to find a list I'm happy with 
  • Create logos for all clubs and replace the Gibraltar flag
  • Add players, I have 8000 ready to go, just don’t have the willpower right now to add them, could fo with an automated system for this
  • Cup history for all clubs, more I wishfull thinking than anything else
  •  Add more towns and cities
  • Add a lower league to add jepody to the conference
  • If I do the above then I can add dynamic relegation (just learnt how to do this, it is a game changer)

Thank you to everyone who have helped by answering my queries and given my guidance so I can now deal with the peculiarities of the editor

Samsara 6.01.fmf

(It does take a while to load in game and in the editor, there are 180k Database changes, if you want to mess about in the editor, once it is loaded, reload it without deleted changes, this does nothing but speeds it up, no idea why)

Edited by nasaiain
Typos

7 hours ago, nasaiain said:

I had been hoping to release this sooner, but I got lost in the data editing aspect, including all league standings and club records. As I’ve said I was hoping to realise this sooner, about March time, but that came and went, so I might as well get this out there now. With the vast bulk of it completed I hope to transfer to FM22.

As a personal project I have created 120 season of football from 1888/89 to 2019-20, including all league tables and all results (this is about 500,000 matches in total) and I thought it was about time I added this to Football Manager.

Don't get me started. The history is already half the fun! Well done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...