C Team Manager refuses to play 3 of his players

BedeviledEgg

Managing in Spain, I have 3 players on my C team who the C team manager absolutely refuses to play. As far as I can tell they are eligible in every way, none of them have played 10 games for a higher team and they are all under 23. I add them to his starting lineup on the C team tactics screen, and they stay there after the match, but if I look at the match report they will all have been replaced and not used as subs.

1277364731_ScreenShot2021-07-07at5_02_08PM.thumb.png.d12483d4d1df9a602e8fc7eea86592e8.png

Ander Llorente, Mikel Kortazar, and Ander Laka are all in my starting lineup. (This is after the match but it's the same line up I set up for the C team before the match.

2045249982_ScreenShot2021-07-07at5_01_45PM.thumb.png.c784d5b069dc12bd7f201d7eb7fb6658.png

But here in the match report, we see they were all moved to the bench and unused. I've added them to the starting lineups over and over again but they never play.

1547833168_ScreenShot2021-07-07at5_08_47PM.thumb.png.0fe5d4b1279b0bc41889ca9b9ea36abe.png

He seems like he should be eligible, never having played for a higher club ever. So what gives?

1057780116_ScreenShot2021-07-07at5_10_56PM.thumb.png.506a342a6861d80bc0050b66589cc36e.png

Always an unused sub too. Something is not right but I can't figure out what it is.

There is also a player like this on my B team. The B team manager silently removes him from the lineup when I add him, I've been wondering why he won't gain match fitness. 

This guy Nico Serrano has played for the first team but only 3 times ever. It seems like he was previously getting same B team starts but now he doesn't. I don't understand what's going on with this and it is extremely frustrating.

Is there a rule I don't understand? but if so then why am I being allowed to add them to the squad and the starting lineup?

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 6.35.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 6.52.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-07 at 6.51.32 PM.png

This is happening to other players too, one of my C team goalies and one of my B team left wingers became untouchables to their manager and stopped being allowed to be selected. They were selectable in late September but then became unselectable through October and I only noticed because they refuse to gain match sharpness (because they never actually play).

I believe this is related to me including these 2 players as substitutes in a first team friendly to fill out the bench while I had players off on international duty. The goalie definitely did not play in that friendly (the winger probably did) but it seems to have made him unplayable in the C team? I think this is definitely a bug and I don't think it is related to the lower league Spanish DB because it's also happening to my B team which is playing in a supported league.

Another issue I just had in this save which I'm not sure is related: I scheduled a post-winter-break friendly for the C team and made a lot of members of the B team available for that friendly. But weirdly I was not able to add any B team player to the match squad, dragging them into the squad did nothing and they were just not selectable. Quick pick also refused to add any B team player to the squad. They did show up in the squad list just couldn't be added to any match squad position.

I don't understand why the B team players wouldn't be allowed to play in a C team friendly. I would have thought anyone is supposed to be available for friendlies? The B team definitely did not have a match the same day, that C team match was the only thing scheduled for my squad.

Edited by BedeviledEgg

From above: ". The B team manager silently removes him from the lineup when I add him, I've been wondering why he won't gain match fitness. "

Same thing happens in Arsenal for me, young players (well below age limit) in u23 squad never gets time on pitch although I even pick them for the team and directly after the u23 game I check the squad and player still picked in team selection. For me this is game breaking. 

Edit: Noticed that it happens to players that I have moved up to first team to play a match and then when back in u23 team they are never picked again.

If I move the player up to first team again and set available for u23 they get picked in u23 team. But I have to keep them in first team which is bad for training both for individual player and u23 team in general. 

As I want to work with young players and give first team experience sometimes this is still a terrible bug. As matches often clash you need to move the player up to first team or else he is picked for u23 game. And maybe it even happens to players that play in first team while still left in u23 squad.

Not sure how to handle this coming seasons.

Edited by hochsen

• Administrators
On 16/07/2021 at 10:52, hochsen said:

From above: ". The B team manager silently removes him from the lineup when I add him, I've been wondering why he won't gain match fitness. "

Same thing happens in Arsenal for me, young players (well below age limit) in u23 squad never gets time on pitch although I even pick them for the team and directly after the u23 game I check the squad and player still picked in team selection. For me this is game breaking. 

Edit: Noticed that it happens to players that I have moved up to first team to play a match and then when back in u23 team they are never picked again.

If I move the player up to first team again and set available for u23 they get picked in u23 team. But I have to keep them in first team which is bad for training both for individual player and u23 team in general. 

As I want to work with young players and give first team experience sometimes this is still a terrible bug. As matches often clash you need to move the player up to first team or else he is picked for u23 game. And maybe it even happens to players that play in first team while still left in u23 squad.

Not sure how to handle this coming seasons.

Sounds like you're picking the team too early. Just before the U23 match takes place (normally the day before) you'll receive an inbox item showing the U23 manager's starting line up and give you the choice to make first-team players available for the side. Only selections made from this point by you will be retained for the U23 fixture. If you selected the team say a week before the game, the U23 manager will disregard that come the next fixture as needs to take into account current player fitness/injuries etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/07/2021 at 05:08, Neil Brock said:

Sounds like you're picking the team too early. Just before the U23 match takes place (normally the day before) you'll receive an inbox item showing the U23 manager's starting line up and give you the choice to make first-team players available for the side. Only selections made from this point by you will be retained for the U23 fixture. If you selected the team say a week before the game, the U23 manager will disregard that come the next fixture as needs to take into account current player fitness/injuries etc. 

No, this is not what's happening. I'm aware that email changes the lineup and I always wait to set my lineup until I get that email. These players will be in the lineup before the game and after the game but they will not actually play IN the game, they are silently replaced.

I tried to upload this save but my rural potato internet will just not allow it, the upload always fails when my connection flakes. It seems to only affect those players I noticed and when I bumped them up to the higher team it was fine. One guy who can't play for the B team I had to send out on loan. Still don't know what happened but I think it has something to do with using those players in first team friendlies which I have stopped doing ever since and no problems since.