Match ratings are absurdly low

In another thread, Neil mentioned that

Ratings have changed a bit for FM21 - 6.8 is now considered absolute average, so anything above that is good. You're unlikely to see very high ratings now as they're more balanced based on performance for specific positions and roles.

Sorry, but there is something definitely wrong with match ratings for the user controlled teams.

Saying that it's normal to have lower ratings would make sense if match ratings were low across the board (for user and AI controlled teams), but it's not.

Just an example, look at the attached pic.

ur.thumb.jpg.154ce0068fe076b6d89aa8047983bafd.jpg

I'm a newly promoted team (6th place in Seria A right now) that just beat the leaders 3-1, getting better match stats except possession. Despite this, the average ratings I got are actually lower 6,75 vs 6,83. No, this wasn't a park the bus, get 1 lucky shot/1goal and win match. This was my team simply playing better. Nevertheless, the match ratings do not reflect that at all. If an AI team wins against me by scoring 2-3 goals, they get 7+ for the entire team and probably 8+ for the goal scorers. Me winning? sure, a 7 maybe for the goal scorer... but not this game!'

"That's just 1 game" you'll say. Nope, I got promoted 2 times and each time teams that were in the relegation race were getting better average ratings than me.

ur.jpg

I have two tactics (my own) that consistently give the vast majority of my squad ratings above a 7. Green everywhere. Of course they are both strong, balanced tactics and the roles, positions and players used work well together. 

I also have multiple other tactics created in FM21 that, although strong and balanced, don’t give my players particularly good ratings. These tactics are perfectly fine. We play the football I would hope for. We get good results.

Try tweaking some roles and positions around to see if ratings can be improved.

• JordanMilly changed the title to Match ratings are absurdly low