4-3-3 dm wide gegenpress default template help

In all the years of playing fm I've always been naff at tactics but i still try :)

My problem is I'm to scared to change owt from the default settings for fear of messing it up completely,  I've had previous 😅

So what are the does and don'ts for this system and tactic.

Im in the second tier in wales, playing qith dross but against dross if that helps :)

I personally never use preset tactics because they are full of overkill and usually require some degree of tweaking. But it happens sometimes that a preset tactic proves successful for a certain type of team. So my suggestion for you is to test the tactic first and then report back your observations. A screenshot of the tactic would also be more than welcome.

2 hours ago, Andyprime said:

In all the years of playing fm I've always been naff at tactics but i still try :)

My problem is I'm to scared to change owt from the default settings for fear of messing it up completely,  I've had previous 😅

So what are the does and don'ts for this system and tactic.

Im in the second tier in wales, playing qith dross but against dross if that helps :)

For me, I'd say the musts for gegenpress are:

• Pass into space
  • High to extremely high tempo
  • Counter press
  • Counter
  • Higher to much higher DL/LOE 
  • More urgent to extremely urgent press

To pull this off your players need to have excellent physicals, which might be an issue for your team. So you might want to scale elements of it back, so the intensity isn't as high otherwise it could be counterproductive.