David Moyes Inspired

Hello lads,

As the title says, my tactic has been inspired by the success Moyes had with West Ham this season and I wanted to recreate his formation, team and success. Of course this is my interpretation so don't expect everything to match.

So basically I wanted to create a tactic that first and foremost will be solid at the back and will rely on beating my opponents in the transition. Winning the ball in my own third or in the middle of the park and quickly get it in the final third to my pacy and technical attackers. With that being said my tactic, as you will notice, is very compact and narrow, making sure my team can win the ball in front of my box or intercept the long balls and eventually trigger the counter.

On the other hand exactly as West Ham did (for the most part of the season) I wanted to make the most out of the set pieces. So I've spent a lot of time and testing on my corners and the result has been amazing. (There's still a lot of room for improvement in that regard since I haven't changed my throw-ins nor the free kicks)

So enough explaining here's my Moyes'  West Ham:

1909445548_FootballManager2021Screenshot2021_05.31-19_25_58.57(2).png.ab0e8e345c26fab13a154a0aba3eb65b.png

The one thing that made huge difference were my wing-backs. I didn't want them to dribble till the byline and then hoof it into the box, but rather help with bringing the ball out, cross early if the opportunity arises. I have added PI to both of them and here's how it looks like:

433967183_FootballManager2021Screenshot2021_05.31-19_29_33_15.thumb.png.31b0e0e7a0ae8a2af2bf08ac13e1126c.png

These are the instructions for my left WB but they are exactly the same for my right WB. These are Cresswell's stats (West Ham player of the year by the way):

2094219072_FootballManager2021Screenshot2021_05.31-19_32_27_74.thumb.png.008d90c57904240c45032307bd8e7703.png

I think it was mission accomplished. I finished 4th without any transfers and the one thing that was most impressive for me was the fact that my West Ham had the best defense in the league. Only 26 conceded, 7 of which from set pieces. ONLY 19 goals conceded from open play in 38 games <3

399156943_FootballManager2021Screenshot2021_05.31-19_35_28.40(2).thumb.png.d41a68e1e2e9180b1613f31ee9b9e913.png

So here's the tactic and please share your feedback, suggestions, tweaks and those of you who tried it, let me know if you enjoyed it.

#MoreThanAGame

Moyes Inspired.fmf

1 minute ago, JoOSTAR said:

Westham1.thumb.png.415f6cae8e3a7526cccd504460b0e11b.png

Westham2.png.a7fc94dfe6b8b6911b2c718c01cf0f13.png

Westham3.png.f2fd35ae6e2abbb0cd8b84dc21b2e4af.png

Things started off great as you can see. Just destroyed Liverpool which I never was able to do before. Tactic looks very solid!

Very, very nice. Happy to see you are enjoying it. Keep it up!

Really curious how the second season will go. I won the CS against Man City on penalties (again) to start with.

Because of the relegation of Everton I had a good transfer window. I bought Calvert-Lewin and Mason Holgate. Also took over Dawson permanently. And last but not least I took over Vlasic to take the spot of Lingard.

47 minutes ago, JoOSTAR said:

Really curious how the second season will go. I won the CS against Man City on penalties (again) to start with.

Because of the relegation of Everton I had a good transfer window. I bought Calvert-Lewin and Mason Holgate. Also took over Dawson permanently. And last but not least I took over Vlasic to take the spot of Lingard.

Sounds like a pretty solid transfer window. I believe the main positions that needed someone fresh were of course the striker and the CDs since Ogbonna and Dawson are old and Balbuena just don't have it. Keep the thread updated about your second season. Cheers

On 02/06/2021 at 16:10, JoOSTAR said:

How did your second season go mate?

On 06/06/2021 at 09:41, pileto said:

How did your second season go mate?

Well it wasn't as good as my first, but still managed to finish 4th which is good of course.

Westham6.thumb.png.209aa693467e8ab958752b82170370dc.png

My transfers had some troubles to play on a high level. Calvert-Lewin wasn't as good as Michael Antonio was. I hope to strengthen the team further in the next transfer window and finish top-4 again next season.

• 1 month later...