[FM21] A Lincolnshire Player Only Story - Putting Lincolnshire Football on the Map

theBlackPrince

Buildbase FA Trophy Penalty Shootout

Rick Leslie 24c in an unusual move steps up first as the keeper and scores down the middle. Boston United 1-0 Torquay United 

Andrew Nelson for Torquay, hits it well to the left. HUGE save from Rick Leslie 24c and advantage Boston. Boston United 1-0 Torquay United

Nick Whyman (L) steps up confidently and places it in the bottom left hand corner, Dermot Mee has no chance. Boston United 2-0 Torquay United 

Darnell Purton for Torquay puts it close to Rick Leslie 24c but he cannot get a hand to it. Boston United 2-1 Torquay United 

Scott Morris 20b steps up confidently and once again gives the keeper has no chance as it is buried in the bottom right hand corner. Boston United 3-1 Torquay United 

Gary Waldron keeps Torquay in the game with a well places penalty and the pressure is back on Boston. Boston United 3-2 Torquay United

Adam Davies (L) runs up, places the ball and absolutely smashes it into the net, that was either a net buster or into row Z. Boston United 4-2 Torquay United 

Romaine Mundle has to score here. He doesn't look confident. And the 17 year old Rick Leslie 24c is the hero as he saves it to his left!! Boston United 4-2 Torquay United

xlUQDQN.png

Boston United Win the 2024/25 Buildbase FA Trophy

UQRqrYU.png

v7DlaTG.png

5uW9KDk.png 

On 21/06/2021 at 00:36, Hootieleece said:

Congrats on the Trophy!

Penalty Shootouts are real crapshoots now....I have had my best players miss the net completely and the worst takers score match winners.....

Think that is the first one I have won in FM21 so I didn't really pay much attention to start as was expecting to lose.

I literally shat my pants when the Keeper took the first kick, I had put him on the11th kick.... So yeah my team somehow went 11th to 7th taking kicks so my worst guys. Still dont know how they all scored if I am honest but all smashed them in.

Season 4 Review - Boston United FA Trophy Winners

rHkNlPN.png

Final Table         League Positions          Fixtures 1        Fixtures 2          Fixtures 3          Transfers          Finances         FA Cup          FA Trophy

A 6th place finish in the League in the first season is a huge achievement for Charles Benjamin and his young Boston United side. Losing their best player at the start of the year in Daniel Randall 22a hurt, but he made 21 starts, 11 sub appearances with 5 goals and 4 assists in the Championship for Huddersfield. That 50% sell on clause is looking better and better each week for the future finances. What the season will be remembered for will be for the heroic penalty saves of 17 year old keeper Rick Leslie 24c to lift the FA Trophy. The lad from Boston who's family has supported the team for years walked away with the player of the game and 2 penalty saves and to top it off, took the first kick and scored too. He would keep a club record 17 clean sheets also for a superb first season. 2 trophies in 2 years for Benjamin will only cement his reputation and Sunderland came calling this season, will he gain more attention next year?

Your 2024/25 Boston United First Team Squad

Player Awards                   Shirt Sales                     Best Overall 11

dAzPwrz.png

It was a season for Youth Academy players and loan signing as they would take all spots in the teams best eleven for the season. It wasn't until late in the season that Leighton Glanville 20a signed a new deal to keep him at the club but he once again featured high on the scoring charts with 20 goals and 9 assists. He still has room to improve so will be looking for another season or two banging the goals in to stay ahead in the all time scorers chart. Starting 10 games less due to injury but leading the team in goals with 23 and average rating at 7.23 was young Boston striker Vincent Petit 23b. At only 18, he could go on to scored 30+ if he can have a whole season healthy next year and had a call up to the Belgium Under 18's but could not play due to injury.

Zach Green (L) would break his leg and miss most of the season but was impressive early on in the campaign. Can he come back and hit top form again, only time will tell. Jake O'Shea 22h spent time between AML and ST and looks to have an eye for the goal, just falling short of the 20 goal marker. He will be pushing for more starts as he came on 21 times as a sub. Moses Yeboah-Bempah 21a was a huge risk of leaving at the start of the season as he would not sign a new deal. He changed his mind after a strong start to the season and once again had one of the highest ratings on the team. He will be key as always moving forward and now has a long term deal which keeps him at the team.

We have already said plenty about Rick Leslie 24c and the FA Trophy penalty saves. the 17 year old look rock solid from day one which gave Charles Benjamin the faith to not bring a more experienced keeper in on loan. That faith was repaid in full with a club record 17 league clean sheets and a 7.11 average rating. Lewis Butroid (L) came in on loan and looked all the starter from day one in the left full back spot. He would also become a full time member of the squad as Cheltenham released him after his contract expired. He picked up a couple of red cards along the way or his rating would have been much higher and chipped in with 11 assists, best for joint second on the team with another new starter, Jeremy Weingarten 23a. The classy winger played well and lead the team in chances created per 90 minutes and 11 assists in only 29 games. He is one to watch out for a breakout season next year.

Karl McNamara 22b lead the team with 16 assists and chipped in with 6 goals. He was asked to play all over the park and he did that with no fuss, just got on with the game as best he could. He is one of the first names on the team-sheet and will plug any gap that is needed. Young superstar, 16 year old Regan Lyons 24b was close to double figures in goals and assists with 9 and 8. He was ever present in the team despite probably needing a year or two to develop at under 18's level. He is just too good not to play however and looks set to sit in the middle of the park for the team, another that can move positions as the game goes on and still be effective.

UX0Jq1X.png

Upgrades Downgrades

Just spent £1,600,000, the whole budget only to get this....

8wNsY6J.png

Season Summaries

LQ3HsHT.jpg

4 Year Mini-Review - Top Performers 

Time flies when you are having fun and winning trophies right? And it is record signing Johnny Francis (L), £13,000 from Peterborough United who has the most appearances for us to date and the only one over that 200 marker. I would expect Moses Yeboah-Bempah 21a to take that title from him next year and we may see 4 or 5 over the 200 mark. There is no surprise that Leighton Glanville 20a leads all scorers with 108 as he is the club record holder. Veteran Jordan Thewlis is over 50 goals behind but will stay in the top 10 for many years. Vincent Petit 23b will be closing that gap every year and could go on to be the top scorer in a few years time.

Karl McNamara 22b is closing in on 50 career assists after leading this category for 2 years in a row with Jordan Thewlis second once more. There does not seem to be anyone else on the list who will challenge the top 3 for a few years. And finally, Leighton Glanville 20a has double the player of the match to a "Mr 2nd" Jordan Thewlis showing how vital he has been to the early success of Boston United. This one will take several years to beat I am sure.

PFs6np3.jpg

Season 5 - Lincolnshire Only Player Story - Boston United - Vanarama National League

Someone must like Boston United this season as they are 5-4 favourites to lift the title and secure promotion to Sky Bet League Two. None of the relegated teams from Gillingham, Mansfield and Accrington feature in the top 6 pre-season favourites. Same as last year bids came in for players but thankfully the Boston board let the manager deal with offers and did not get tempted to accept on his behalf. All players are on several year deals and only Karl McNamara 22b is upset about not been able to talk to Sheffield Wednesday. With 3 years on his deal and a 1 year extension possible, he better get use to sticking around. Goalkeeper Rick Leslie 24c signed a new deal and was happy to put a £100,000,000 minimum release clause in his contract. "I love the club, my family have been supporters for decades and I believe we can keep climbing up the ranks. I am where I want to be and this was a bit tongue in cheek as no-one will ever pay that and shows this is where I want to be." said Rick Leslie 24c. There was very little on the market to buy what wanted to come to Boston so it was youth players and loan deals once more.

ouJ7prL.png

Boston United Squad

Goalkeepers - There is only one real choice in goals as Rick Leslie 24c is a real fan favourite and Mo Knibbs 21d has just not developed much at all over the last few seasons. If there is an injur this could be a large issue but there are not many Lincolnshire keepers out there so lets hope he can keep Rick healthy.

Defenders - It is a total of 3 players that come in on loan in the defence just to give some depth and see if any are worth buying long term. Calum Tatham (L) comes in on loan from Middlesborough after starting his career at Manchester City. The Skegness born player has a real chance to start down the left if we can beat out recent signing Lewis Butroid (L) who was on loan last year and performed well. On the right we welcome back Adam Davies (L) for his 4th loan spell from Scunthorpe, solid but never spectacular Scunthorpe must still rate him to keep him around. He will look to beat out Kian Benson 20c to start on the right. Isaac Rice (L) comes in from AFC Wimbledon and the Lincoln born player will be fighting for the second starting spot in the heart of the defence next to Moses Yeboah-Bempah 21a. He will be up against Joel Branston 22c who looks to have the beating of everyone else.

We now definately have some depth here to be able to rotate players when matches start to build up but this may be the weakest part of the team still with lowest current ability and most (non-loan) players now, outside Yeboah-Bempah 21a look off the pace if we move up another level.

Wzi6fO4.jpg

Midfield - We seems to be in real great shape here with lots of players able to play most positions and an abundance of talent at that AMR role. Luke Gardner 24a did not feature last year but his ability rose up dramatically that he really was ready to move up and will play in the centre of midfield alongside the extremely talented Regan Lyons 24b. As a ball winning midfielder he will play a vital role and we hope that seems they came through the Academy together, they will form a partnership that will last for years as both have long term deals. 

Rodney Boxhill (L) from Sleaford has 40 caps for Barbados and was a luxury loan signing that we don't really need, but wanted to see what he was made of if the opportunity came up to sign him. He will struggle to beat out Karl McNamara 22b and Jeremy Weingarten 23a for that starting role and is a real shame neither of them are left footed. At this point it is anyone's position to take and make their own. The left side is weaker and will be Jake O'Shea 22h starting with Jordan Thewlis sticking around for cover. At this point we have great starters and cover at all but the ML/AML position and all players look like they can move up another level at least in the future.

Strikers - We have a strike partnership we believe cannot be bettered in the Vanarama League this year with Leighton Glanville 20a supporting just behind Vincent Petit 23b. Glanville 20a already has 108 goals in less than 200 games and Petit 23b is closing in on 50. They have a great partnership and fully expect both of them to bang 20-30 goals in each this year. Zach Green (L) broke his leg last year so we really don't know how he will be this year and if we need extra cover, several of the midfielders are able to play up front and score goals.

Predicted starting line-up

Its just a fairly standard 4-4-2 with attacking wingers as that suits their preferred playing styles. This gives us the option to bring them back into a traditional 4 man midfield if the game is tight or leave them further up if we need to win the game. Would normally look at putting more on attacking duties and trying to use the wing backs but these can be changed dependant on the game. I think the 2 central midfielders are they key to this to allow other players to go forward but we will see how the season goes and what needs to change.

29C8lIl.png

Lincolnshire Player Overview

It really is slim pickings out there beside the Boston United team as there are currently only 238 players my scouts can find that are Lincolnshire born. Patrick Bamford has been the most highly prized player for many years and besides Matija Sarkic, are the only players valued at over £1,000,000. Daniel Randall 22a is rated by my scouts as the third best player out there, no wonder he wanted a move as quickly as he could. We have made attempts for most of these players, if not for transfer on loan but had no joy. Adam Leach would be an interesting one if we need cover in goal and we will keep an eye on Peter Spencer if we have issues at right full back. Harvey Beadle looks one for the future and Leeds want large money for him already.

2ZYaOro.png

Injuries add up to start the season

omLeXvo.png

With 5 players set to miss the first game of the season and two of them for more than a month, the extra depth in the squad will come in handy. Really seem to be getting too many injuries in training which may need looking at to why that is happening and how to fix it moving forward. 

Season 5 - Mid Season Update - Things are going well...

Not much need for a large update, the table says it all. 14 points clear, a goal difference of +58 and hopefully promotion on the cards to end the season. Vincent Petit 23b has 32 goals and Leighton Glanville 20a has 29 as no-one can slow them down from scoring as Boston average 3.2 goals per game. Out of the FA Cup by Cheltenham Town of League Two, which knocked some wind out of the sail, winning the League and trying to repeat in the FA Trophy are the goals for the season.

SVZNWoN.png

20 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Those are some incredible stats your compiling. Maybe Lincolnshire is the home of a "Football Genius"!

The team are on it this year, couple good personality intakes seems to have done wonders! 

On 23/06/2021 at 09:51, deltablue said:

Well done on winning the FA Trophy.

I dont think I've ever made so many posts about a FA Trophy win, but boy that was not a fun game to watch! 

Season 5 Update - They bloody want to sell players from underneath my nose. We shall see about that!!

Its been a frustrating January with hundreds of offers insulting offers for players which were all batted back. Some of these players have minimum release clauses that they were miles from hitting so we set some non-negotiable offers closer to our valuations. And then the board goes and accepts an offer for our star striker Vincent Petit 23b for just £400,000 with no add on, from Coventry City, I mean who?? Have some self respect. Charles Benjamin was FUMING.

8NG4xEu.png

"I could see the steam coming out from his ears" stated a un-named source at the ground. "His (Manager Charles Benjamin) car flew into the car-park and he dumped it right outside the door. He flung the door open and didn't even bother to close it. He stormed through the door heading for the board room. I have never seen him angry before!! Before the door got shut I could hear him shout "If you think I'm bloody letting Vinnie go for anything less than a million, you're gonna be finding a new manager". The door was swiftly shut but he was out within 60 seconds. He smiled and greeted everyone as he left and as quick as he arrived, he was gone." What we took from that, was Vinnie (Vincent Petit 23b) would not be leaving... or he would be leaving and the Manager also.

The board saw sense and cancelled the transfer and thankfully with an aggressive "Take it or leave it" offer to all clubs, all players so far are still at the club. Vincent Petit 23b was not happy about moves been turned down, but the manager had the support of key players and did not want to see the best players leaving.

kCUkMid.png

Can we keep hold of all out players despite long contracts and minimum release clauses? I guess we shall find out.

Youth Intake Season 5 - International Flavour is not what is needed here.

AgLQECH.png

Normally an intake with player from Germany, Ghana, Norway and Sweden just to name a few would bring excitement and mystery. But with a Lincolnshire only save, it starts to limit the players which was a fear when starting this. Thankfully, most of the Lincolnshire born players have the most potential so hopefully we can get several first team players from this intake!

9dRj0VW.png

On no, not another AMR I hear everyone say! It does seem like every season we get another top player in this position. Thankfully Ryan Mitford 26c can also play striker and AML which is the most likely place he will see playing time, unless we have to sell other players. At 192cm tall he may be a little tall for a winger but might fit the striker role, but his heading does let him down. Outside his determination, no technical attributes stand out currently and has a poor work rate. Right now, we can afford him a few years in the under 18's to see if he will develop.

Sam Maddison 26b can play both sides of the midfield but we have him firmly down as a right sided defender and we cannot see him moving from this spot. He hits a sweet free kick already and has a high level of natural fitness, but will need time spend on improving his pace. He likes to get forward so wing back specific training will be set for him. 

We may have a new option as back up for Rick Leslie 24c with Connor Baines 26c. He is a little on the short side at 179cm but already has some impressive goalkeeping attributes with his handling and reflexes ones to really enjoy already. We were looking for someone in this role so happy that Baines could be here for a long time.

We will look to sign up to Corie Tate 26g and see if any of the lower potentially ability players end up better than initially expected. 

Boston return to FA Trophy Final trying to win back to back trophies - Bolton Wanderers await

Ctq5WJA.png

-A hugely entertaining 4-4 draw in the second leg wasn't enough for Eastleigh as Boston won the 2 legs by 7-5 to return to Wembley to try and defend their FA Trophy they won for the first time last season. Bolton Wanderers stand in their way after beating Brackley Town. They are in their first final as a team that have just dropped down the Leagues, only 15 years ago they were in the Premier League and last season finished dead last in Sky Bet League Two. Winning this would be a small victory for their poor suffering fans. 

eeXf2U4.png 

Boston United storm the Vanarama National League - Promoted to Sky Bet League Two

With several games left Boston United's young guns have sealed the title and will look forward to an FA Trophy final before they compete in the Football League from next season. In a campaign the Lincolnshire team dominated from the first game, there are no surprises they won the League. Charles Benjamin (L) has been in charge of Boston United for 5 years and this is the second promotion in that time, doing so using only players born in Lincolnshire. Vincent Petit 23b is currently a leading contender for player of the season after breaking the goals in a season record.

FMk4eot.png

Full Season Review to come after FA Trophy final game vs Bolton Wanderers. 

Buildbase FA Trophy Final 2025/26 - Boston United vs Bolton Wanderers

Wembley is expected to be around 3 times fuller this year than last year with 63,000 fans expected compared to 26,020 fans for last years final when Boston United beat Torquay United on penalties. This would be a huge crowd and will only add to the excitement for Boston United who are looking to win back to back FA Trophies. 

h4D6eBK.png

Team Line-ups

kcT8E0a.png

FA Trophy Final - Match Review

15th minute - Goal for Vincent Petit 23b as he takes a ball over the top. But the linesman flag is up for offside and it wont count. 

15th minute - Chance as Vincent Petit 23b plays in Leighton Glanville 20a, his shot is blocked but it comes back to Vincent Petit 23b but Nik Tzanev pushes it around the post.

36th minute - Not much to report in the game. Boston have had 5 shots to the 2 for Bolton with none of them on target. 3 cards issued so far, two for Boston.

Half Time - Boston United 0 - 0 Bolton Wanderers 

46th minute - He comes close, but Vincent Petit 23b heads over from a Jake O'Shea 22h cross to start the second half.

58th minute - Another shot for Boston well blocked, both sets of fans waiting for any kind of action.

59th minute - Another chance for Leighton Glanville 20a but he shoots tamely and easily saved. Will Boston pay for all these missed chances? Bolton still only have 3 shots in the game. 

81st minute - 14th shot for Boston United but another easy save for Nik Tzanev and the pain on the players faces is real.  

Full Time - Boston United 0 - 0 Bolton Wanderers 

Boston United will not be happy that they could not win it in normal time with 14 shots to the 4 from Bolton who never looked like threatening. The game, as last years final heads to extra time and another 30 minutes to get the win. Will Bolton show more or are they are playing for penalties?

93rd minute - A poor kick from Rick Leslie 24c comes straight back and sub Harvey Woods smashes it in the net. But the flag is up, is is chalked off for offside.

102nd minute - Chance for Bolton as Harvey Woods heads onto the post, Bolton are looking more likely to score as Boston look tired.

106th minute - And from the corner Bolton take the lead as he beats his man and gets enough on it as Alek Joseph scores and with 14 minutes to go, Bolton are ahead. Boston 0 - 1 Bolton

DAkwg4J.png

And it is all over. Boston United dominated the game but come un-stuck in extra time and will be truly disappointed they did not put this one to bed with all the chances they had. I just don't know how we did not put one in the back of the net and lost that to a poor goal. 

1yko3dp.png

Season 5 Review - Boston United Vanarama National League Champions 

vasnMK1.jpg

4xChwkP.png

Final Table         League Positions         Fixtures 1          Fixtures 2          Fixtures 3          Transfers          Finances         FA Cup          FA Trophy

vasnMK1.jpg

Total domination from start to finish as the past positions show, although the second half of the season seemed more of a struggle with the team 14 points ahead. We should have easily gone over the 100 point mark but we lost too many points to teams in the bottom half and end on 94 points, which was still good enough for 14 points ahead of Hartlepool in second place. The season would go down in the history books for Vincent Petit 23b as he set several records, including a new high average rating of 7.60 and goals scored at 42. He would also win player of the season.

Z6JOXOq.png

4SMB09P.png

7yz32aA.png

Manager Charles Benjamin would win 5 Manager of the Month awards and won the Manager of the Year award, which in the end was of little surprise. The Boston United team and fans will still be feeling the loss of the FA Trophy to Bolton as a trophy they should have won on the season and on most other days, probably win it easily. But promotion to the Football League was the aim at the start of the year and it was mission accomplished, now back to step 4 for the first time since 2006/07. It has been a long road from those dark days and all those at the club have a feeling that this is just the beginning rather than the end goal. Boston United, back into League Two and now back in the same League as fellow Lincolnshire team Scunthorpe.

dIsw5g6.png

Your 2025/26 Boston United First Team Squad

tipOzA5.png

Player Awards                   Shirt Sales                    Best Overall 11

The starting line up picked itself most of the time and with two strikers combining for 90 goals between them, it is something we may never see again. Keeping hold of Vincent Petit 23b proved to be vital as he scored a record 51 goals in 50 starts and 2 sub appearances to break Boston United and National League records along the way. Normally 39 goals in a campaign would set you head and shoulders above the rest of the team but Leighton Glanville 20a will be pleased to be scoring this many after struggling a little last season. Can he go on again and score in League Two will be the big question as we know Vincent Petit 23b will be able to. These two lead the team with average ratings also and 34 assists, mostly to each other in the box. 

Moses Yeboah-Bempah 21a now leads all with 247 appearances since Charles Benjamin took over. The centre back would look the part and average a 7.25 rating on the season which is the highest every by a defensive player. Once again our hero keeper Rick Leslie 24c was unflappable in goal and often wowed the Community Stadium crowd with his saves. The Boston United supporter is pleased to be playing for the club he supports and has never once been interested in moving away despite transfer offers.

The hardest player to keep next season will be Regan Lyons 24b who is attracting offers from clubs up and down the country, but non want to get close to £1,000,000 in an offer so have all been rejected. The fear is the club will see the money signs and accept a bid which does not include a future sell on clause which could really set the club up for a long time as he seems to have the potential to go on and play at a much higher level. With a long term contract, he has been told he is not going anywhere which he is not happy about. We know he will not sign a new deal so it still is a case of when not if he leaves Boston United.

5xYKNou.png

Joel Branston 22c stepped in to the centre back roll and had a solid season and looks like he could be set there for the next few season's, but the competition is not tough at the minute and might be the weakest part of the team. Isaac Rice (L) filled in when needed and his contract is up at the end of the season so we will be making a move for him, even if it is for back up duties and sub appearances.

Jake O'Shea 22h is the only player outside that "A to D" range that makes an impact so the scouts had him wrong, he has turned out to be a solid starter in a position of need on the left. He now rises up the goal scoring ranks with 17 on the season and now sits 4th with 39. Another player from the 2022 Academy Class is Karl McNamara 22b who struggled with an injury set back this season but still looks like one for the future. Whilst we are in the 2022 class, Danial Randall 22a who left for Huddersfield had 39 starts and scored 4 goals and is currently valued at £500,000. We put a cheeky bid in and they value him at £15,500,000 with additional clauses.

Adam Davies (L) once again in on load was ever present and chipped in with a joint 2nd high of 15 assists. He always seems to play well but never gets the ratings that he deserves but always goes about his business. We hope to see Scunthorpe finally release him so we can sign him permanently as they still want too much to buy him. Calum Tatham (L) mainly came on as sub as he just was not up to speed to start and has not currently done enough to warrant a big money move. Rodney Boxhill's (L) loan spell was not one to write home about, he played more international matches then he did for Boston and will go down as a poor loan signing.

Derby County want Benjamin

3cRDwUf.png

Season Summaries

WElcMaq.jpg

Fnb59h9.jpg

Edited by theBlackPrince

Season 6 - Lincolnshire Only Player Story - Boston United - Sky Bet League Two

5 season and Boston United, guided by talented young manager Charles Benjamin, are back in the Football League. Priced at 20-1 to gain promotion, that gives them a pre-season ranking of 16th. I think all at Boston would take that at the start of the year to secure their future in this division. With a young team, some players who could be playing at a higher level, trying to keep everyone here may be the biggest obstacle of the season, even more so than avoiding the drop. Boston have the talent to do well in at this level, how well remains to be seen. 

Boston United Squad

Goalkeepers - Once again there is only one real choice in goals as Rick Leslie 24c is the number one keeper. He has been happy to stay at Boston despite interest up to now but has recently voiced his displeasure at not been able to move. With time left on his contract, we hope to see a few more seasons from him.

Defenders - It is clear for all to see we are missing someone down the right and it may fall for Moses Yeboah-Bempah 21a to fill that role this year if a signing cannot be found. That does leave us weaker in the middle but we do have some players that are not far from the first team and may get chances this season in Travis Purple 23c and Stephen Mylod 24d. Loan signing Darrell Slinn (L) was one of many Boston chased but could not get signed and looks like he will start alongside Joel Branston 22c. Lewis Butroid (L) probably gets the nod on the left for now but will need to look behind him for younger players wanting his spot. 

lZV2c7D.jpg

Midfield - We have already seen a flurry of bids for Regan Lyons 24b which have been turned down. He is the start man for the team and is probably good enough to play in the Championship already but Boston are trying hard to not let him go unless and offer for "millions" comes in. He is set to partner Luke Gardner 24a in the centre of midfield which could be one of the strongest central midfield partnership in League Two. Karl McNamara 23a and Jeremy Weingarten 23a will fight it out for the starting role on the right wing whilst Jake O'Shea 22h looks set to stay on the left wing. He will have cover in Karl Felgate (L) on loan from Lincoln City who can play both on the wing or as a striker.

Strikers - We have the best returning strike partnership in the Nation with Vincent Petit 23b and Leighton Glanville 20a. Can they continue that form that saw them blitz goals every week in the National League or will the step up slow them down? With no real cover at the minute, cover will come from midfield with players who have a secondary position. 

eqYW8XU.png

Transfers

NZNbv0w.png

Edited by theBlackPrince

• 2 weeks later...

Season 6 - Sky Bet League Two - August to October Update

So we started off how we finished off the last season in the Vanarama National League, on top! The step up has not been a struggle for the team as they continue the free-flowing attacking football that see's them score goals, and lots of goals. That is needed when Boston United have a habit of letting lots in the other end, averaging over 1 goal conceded per game. Currently a 4 point lead at the top of the table after a run of 4 games winning in a row, including a huge 3-1 victory over the then 2nd team, Mansfield Town.

6US28yO.png EMu3rbM.png

This form in October helped Manager Charles Benjamin win the Manager of the month award, and gain some attention from struggling Championship side, Birmingham City.

RrRIQiU.png

EspadjD.png

Edited by theBlackPrince

Season 6 - Sky Bet League Two - November & December Update

6xk15WK.png

Man these fixtures come thick and fast, really testing the squad with injuries and players needing a rest. Calling up some youth academy players to fill in was a shame, but needs must and hopefully they can get back to the under 18's in the new year. We would carry on the great League form and have a commanding lead at the top of the table, only a total choke job now will stop us. We go out of the FA Cup in the Second round to a very strong Cardiff side who are leading League One after going down from the Championship the season before. We managed to get a win over our Lincolnshire rival Grimsby Town in the Papa Johns Trophy Second Round. 

ph2MjUt.png bonJazQ.png

Youth Intake Preview

We need some more defenders it seems, and replacements for players we may lose in the next transfer window. Not a golden generation and I'm really not sure what I make of this one, seems like most positions are going to be struggling to produce players. Let's hope they are from Lincolnshire at the very least.

FmVxQvF.png

It's going to be a long transfer window

We  have has several of these pop up and if someone is going to offer us that sort of money, we have to take it and add a huge percentage of next sale deal also. I think he has around 30 clubs wanting him and the board will probably accept a poor offer for him. I think I can kick up a fuss once but then I will have to take things in my own hands and get the best possible deal I can. Obviously I want to keep him here, we have him on contract until 2030 with contract options. It will be a long transfer window that is for sure. 

FvDXdK4.png

Edited by theBlackPrince

Regan Lyons 24b Transfer battle intensifies 

The board, in their wisdom accepted two bids for just £800,000 and no sell on fee's. My objection went straight in and I was not walking out of there without them reversing the decision, which they did. Knowing they would accept a similarly poor bid, onto the offensive I went and offered him to all clubs for £10,000,000 plus 50% of next sale, that bit was non negotiable. I had no less than 10 bids from £2,800,000 to £3,000,000 for his services.

I started with Watford and Everton and managed to get them nearer £5,000,000 but I still thought I could get more. On to Arsenal, I pushed them hard starting at £10,000,000 and them at £2,800,000. I didn't get the loan back for the season as part of the deal but I think this is a cracking offer for a player I just cannot see us keeping hold of for much longer, and the board will sell him from under my nose. The money will enable me to buy several Lincolnshire players, upgrade some facilities and leave some money in the bank.

I think I negotiated well from both teams start position.

ku4EmyB.png

I would offer him to all the other clubs for the same money, which they all turned down the chance to sign him. I again offered to all for £10,000,000 and Barnsley came back with this offer which the board accepted, so he now has a choice.

8Y21okF.png

Edited by theBlackPrince

Leeds United come in late and costs Boston potentially millions in the future

Don't you just hate the board at times? When you get a 50% sell on and then a team comes in late, offers a much poorer sell on and they give you no options to reject or ask for more? Leeds United came in very late, offered less up front and are hoping he doesn't make an international appearance. We will not see much money for a few years with just £2,900,000 up front then £1,290,000 each January for 3 years. I guess that helps secure the running costs for 3 years without having to worry now.

bMDeAnx.png

I cant help but feel if he ever goes for big money, that 50% from Arsenal and now only 20% here will be a big kick in the teeth. Oh, and that he went to Leeds over Arsenal!

4nuNGUJ.png

Have already spent most iof the initial money asking for an upgrade in youth level which needed £2,000,000 spending on the youth facilities. We have to re-invest the money on any youth players back into the club as soon as we can so this was perfect for the longer term aims and visions.

Mf4l2jW.png