[FM21] Scotland Restructured

I've long had an affinity for the beautiful country of Scotland, since some very enjoyable childhood holidays there. Such breathtaking scenery, and met some really awesome passionate people.

As such I've always wanted to have a fun Scottish save on FM, but the League structure is such an utter mess, that I could never get into it. :idiot:

So I decided to do something about that, and try to come up with a restructuring of the leagues, that looked like the FA suits hadn't came up with the plan during a weekend long Single Malt tasting event.

This is the result of my imaginings. Something to keep the excitement going all season long for the majority of the Clubs participating, with something to fight for at both ends of the table.

As you'll note from the final screenshot, the build has been tested (twice) over a seven season holiday, and everything appears to be in full working order. :)

In the first test, our Premier League had reached 9th place in the FIFA Rankings, and in the second (this one) it peaked at 9th, but has since dropped back to 10th for now. Still, it is nice to see that kind of progress. The Scottish Cup is also up to 3rd ranked in the world too, which is nice.

I wanted to add rules to allow all under 23s to be available regardless of registration, but everytime I tried to do this in the Advanced Editor, for some bizarre reason it broke my regional Reserves and U18 groups. I wasted the best part of the weekend trying to fix it, but really just wanted something to play now, so in the end I reverted to the previous working build on Basic rules, and just increased the Squad Registration places to 30 to compensate.

It's nothing spectacular, as I say, just wanted something decent to play without spending months lost in the editor as I usually end up spending more time in there than playing the game. So if someone else gets some enjoyment out of it too, so much the better. :)

Anyway, enough preamble, just drop the fmf file into your Editor Folder here: \Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2021\editor data -- and away you go.

Scotland Restructured V1.3.0.fmf

prem.png

Champ.png

L1.png

High.png

Low.png

Edited by Wisła

• Wisła changed the title to [FM21] Scotland Restructured
On 11/05/2021 at 11:25, Kalou said:

Hey Wisla, this looks pretty cool, Going to give it a try. Not sure if you seen the below. Might be an idea to see if you can add it also. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57059711

Thanks, no, hadn't seen that, or I might have put it in.

On 12/05/2021 at 08:30, oche balboa said:

Not bad at all but looks limited on a Highland/Lowland League level. Really they should be both 18 clubs

As I said, it's nothing spectacular. I just wanted to have a fun Celtic save and grow the club in Europe, but couldn't face playing in such a mess of the real life structure so came up with something playable for myself.

I only get back friday evenings for the weekend at home, before being away again every monday. So hardly have any time for in depth creations at present, and already spent most of my weekend home that week trying to fix editor issues. As such I wasn't overly fussed about the High/Low leagues, just wanted to ensure there was some kind of pool for promotion/relegation, and then get playing the game.

It was just a quick project I cooked up for myself, and thought I might as well share it in case anyone else got something out of it.

If you want to play though, you are of course perfectly free to load up the file in your editor, and make any amendments that you like which would make it better for you. :)