STRIKERLESS: Best role for the wingers

Being a newbie it'll be a slow painful season if I experiment on my way to the trophy.    I like this strikerless tactic although I'm unsure of the wingers.

You guys advised me to change my DM to a halfback to compliment the IWBs.   Excellent advice.  So I'm back for more.

I'm playing Leeds - a non-elite team.  The DWs tend to run to the byline forcing a corner in most cases rarely succeeding with the cross.  

Are DWs best here to compliment two busy attacking midfielders (shadow strikers)?    

Also -

what about CM (att)?

DWs.png

I had a lot of joy playing a similar system and I used a wide playmaker support on one flank (but with a regular wing back behind him) and a wide midfielder support on the other (with PI to take more risks with passing).  Both wide players played quite a few through balls for the SS and AM-a I had in the two AM positions.  Without a doubt the most important attribute I found for the 2 AMs was acceleration and pace.  For the ML and MR both sides also benefit from speed, but most importantly they need passing, vision decisions and dribbling.

I am not a fan of tactics where the flanks are mirrors of each other as it lacks variety in attack, but it is certainly not the only way and mirrored tactics can work.  Also one or two role changes are usually my first port of call when things aren't working.

Either way hope this helps.

If you’re unsure, I suggest starting with making your wingers more aggressive by giving them different roles, and changing one IWB to a CWB or WB. You’re playing on cautious, so you can actually afford to play really aggressive roles, because the team plays with less risk on cautious mentality.

I'm relatively new to the game, but to my understanding, it might be beneficial to switch your CM(a) into an AP(a). CM's on attack tend to make runs more than playing the ball themselves, a bit like a Mezzala would do. This is also what SS's are all about - runs from the deep. All Strikerless formations I've seen employ instead a playmaker that will attract the ball to his feet and use his vision and passing to give a good ball to either of the "strikers". He is generally positioned either between those two in AMC or behind them.

Alternatively, you could play your CM as a Ball-winning/Box to Box guy (since you don't seem to have an aggressive defensive role in the midfield even though you press a lot, and the lines are pretty far from one another), and use one of the wingers as a Wide Playmaker.

Take all of this with a grain of salt though, this is my first time trying to give feedback to someone else lol