Unfulfilled potensial in grown up players

I just have a simple question: Is there any advantage to buying a former wonderkid with unfulfilled potensial, when he is like 27 years? 

Who is the best buy (if they both fit the team and so on..):

1. 27 years old - CA 130 - PA 170

2. 27 years old - CA 135 - PA 140

Thanks

There is no clear cut answer to this, simply because the attribute distribution is much more important that CA. If a player has the attributes you want to suit the role, then CA doesn't really matter. I've had player with very poor CA (based on scout reports, I never look at the raw numbers) outplay players rated far higher, simply because the spread of attributes are more suited to the role in my tactic.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

There is no clear cut answer to this, simply because the attribute distribution is much more important that CA. If a player has the attributes you want to suit the role, then CA doesn't really matter. I've had player with very poor CA (based on scout reports, I never look at the raw numbers) outplay players rated far higher, simply because the spread of attributes are more suited to the role in my tactic.

I think hes asking more about if the player can continue to improve and fulfill part of his PA despite his older age.

From things SI staff have said I believe the answer to that is yes the player can still improve, but some players will be more likely at improving at that age than others and there is no way of knowing if the player you buy will be one that can carry on improving at that age. I would guess things like personality and training ratings play a big part though.