A Brentford B Team approach on FM?

As we know, in real life Brentford FC is pursuing a very particular policy in the management of the Reserves Team (B Team) and the Academy.

Basically, Brentford has a very poor Academy, so they don't focus on growing U21 youngsters.

Instead, they have their own B-team, whose season consists of friendlies against under-23s sides or against B-Teams of european clubs.

Cherry-picking the best they can afford from ‘undervalued’ countries or from Premier League youth team rejects, Brentford formed their B team.

Many B Team players have been promoted through the years to the first team, many have been sold making a significant income.

My question is: is this idea replicable on Football Manager?

Through arranging continuous friendlies with greater reputation Reserve Teams, will i have a concrete and continuos growth of my B Team players in my reserve team? Could this idea be better than loaning my players to another lower side team?

Edited by Stepak1

1 hour ago, Stepak1 said:

As we know, in real life Brentford FC is pursuing a very particular policy in the management of the Reserves Team (B Team) and the Academy.

Basically, Brentford has a very poor Academy, so they don't focus on growing U21 youngsters.

Instead, they have their own B-team, whose season consists of friendlies against under-23s sides or against B-Teams of european clubs.

Cherry-picking the best they can afford from ‘undervalued’ countries or from Premier League youth team rejects, Brentford formed their B team.

Many B Team players have been promoted through the years to the first team, many have been sold making a significant income.

My question is: is this idea replicable on Football Manager?

Through arranging continuous friendlies with greater reputation Reserve Teams, will i have a concrete and continuos growth of my B Team players in my reserve team? Could this idea be better than loaning my players to another lower side team?

I might be missing something here but how is this different than the reserve team/under 23 in the game? In real life and in FM, friendlies contribute very little to player development as there is nothing at stake. Win or lose it does not matter since it is just a friendly. Might as well schedule a friendly with the first team or youth players from your own club. 

I have had a bit of a play with Brentford in this version, Initially when I saw the B team had no fixtures was concerned that I would have players that would just stagnate.

To my surprise through playing friendlies and some first team games here and there the progression rate was still pretty good, Completed 4 seasons with them.