Unhappy with Training

When players become unhappy with training as they think there individual training schedule is 'not producing any results' / 'not suitable' / 'no longer a weakness' etc  and the training revolves around  the lowest attributes in there role that needs changing is it best to ignore them and keep training or to change.  I have certain players where no matter what extra individual training that I assign they become unhappy with training .  I am using a downloaded 'double intensity' training schedules from a post I found  'RDF Development guide and training schedule' which said is guaranteed results if you keep them on the same individual schedules/  However some of the players are becoming unhappy for a variety of reasons.  So is it best to ignore them as they may lack determination and not be good trainers.

What is your approach to this in the game to get the required results?

1 hour ago, wazza said:

which said is guaranteed results

There's your problem - there is no such thing as a guarantee in FM.

The bottom line is that unhappy players don't train as well as happy players do, so despite what this RDF guide says you need to make some changes.  Players with better Determination, Professionalism and Ambition tend to train better and can usually handle higher intensity training than others.  I'd start by reducing the intensity for some of the unhappy players and/or change/remove any individual focus they may have.

As per above - Also check the personalities of these unhappy players. Some also have limits - Example, one of my youth players had a "Jumping reach will not increase any further", so it made little sense to keep him on that, even though his strength needed improving. Being 5 foot 3 did not help him in that regard either...

Traning needs to be adapted anyway. Personally I adapt mine almost every season. This is probably not needed, but I'm doing this particular save as a development save, and so training is a big part of what I'm trying to do.

On 05/04/2021 at 09:27, wazza said:

When players become unhappy with training as they think there individual training schedule is 'not producing any results' / 'not suitable' / 'no longer a weakness' etc  and the training revolves around  the lowest attributes in there role that needs changing is it best to ignore them and keep training or to change.  I have certain players where no matter what extra individual training that I assign they become unhappy with training .  I am using a downloaded 'double intensity' training schedules from a post I found  'RDF Development guide and training schedule' which said is guaranteed results if you keep them on the same individual schedules/  However some of the players are becoming unhappy for a variety of reasons.  So is it best to ignore them as they may lack determination and not be good trainers.

What is your approach to this in the game to get the required results?

Nothing is guaranteed in football manager, just like in real life some training set ups with with one team but not with another.. that's why its so important to understand how you want to play and then implement the training around that. 

Also, remember the players cant always be happy, that's life. I used to always dislike cross country running when I played football, moaned here and there but got on with it because its part of the game!