Background not showing up

Shenmue-X

Hi

I managed to add my background to the stadium but not the club page despite referring the same picture file.

<list id="maps">
                <record from="pam" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/2000007137/background"/>
                <record from="pam" to="graphics/pictures/team/50054991/background"/>

</list>
</record>

What's wrong with my coding?

Edited by Shenmue-X

<list id="maps">
        <!-- Auto generated by fmXML -->
        <record from="100351" to="graphics/pictures/team/100351/background"/>

The code above shows a background for me for first team squad/home/inbox etc.

<list id="maps">
        <record from="106580" to="graphics/pictures/club/106580/background"/>

This code shows backgrounds for scouting page/club info etc.

I think your code referencing "pam" is the issue. Record it from the number id instead.

I still fail. :/

Here's my code.

<list id="maps">
                <!-- Generated by FM Graphics Configurator, by Stevemc -->
                <record from="50054991" to="graphics/pictures/stadium/2000007137/background"/>
                <record from="50054991" to="graphics/pictures/team/50054991/background"/>
                <record from="50054991" to="graphics/pictures/club/50054991/background"/>

</list>
</record>

The stadium line works

The team line works for club main page, staff page, u19, reserve teams... everything but senior squad, senior player page, etc.

The club line doesn't work.

My feeling is that's a design flaw from FM20. All the pages relating intimately with the user player seem to use their own background ID (despite the page displaying the team ID)

Edited by Shenmue-X

I’m finding it hard to understand what’s going on here. 

I don’t know if this applies to you but the individual codes (team/club/stadium) all need to be in their own config file. If you’ve got all of them in one file, I don’t think it will work.

So all the pictures you want for “team” have in one folder with their own config that records the ID number of the file to the ID number of the file with “team” in the string. Same for “stadium”, “club” etc.

Also, apologies if this is obvious, make sure you’ve named the picture file the ID code corresponding to the correct ID of the page you want it to show on.

So, for “team” for instance, that WILL show on all squad pages, put all “team” codes in their own config ...

<list id="maps">
        <record from="100351" to="graphics/pictures/team/100351/background"/>

etc...

Then put the config file in a folder with all the corresponding pictures. Call the folder whatever you want.

Repeat for “club” and “stadium”.

Don’t forget to clear cache, untick use caching and reload skin :) 

Edited by Tyburn

So I took Leicester and the background displays normally.

I then decided to associate a background with another added club. The background is not displayed at all.

My theory so far is that you can't add background for added club in FM Editor.

My another theory is that FM is buggy after some amount of RAM since my save is quite big (RAM usage: 4490 mo). 

But I'm not convinced by anything.

Edited by Shenmue-X

all works for me:
stadium page - stadium bckg
u18 page - u18 bckg
u23 page - u23 bckg
first team and all other related pages - club bckg

but i don't understand... you use one folder and one xml for all graghics? :eek: why not use standart way - one folder - one graphics type - one config?

graphics > backgrounds > country > pictures of stadium which serves as background for both stadium and team pages (like Stevemc does).

So after some experiment, the "club" and "team" code both works. The problem comes with the First Team page of my clubs.

------

Recap:

Leicester : everything works

added French club A: everything works bur First Team page

added French club B: everything works but First Team page

-------

Initially, French club B displayed nothing. But for no reason, it now displays the background in all the pages but First Team.

I'm short of ideas lol.

I create a new game taking over the same club but after retiring all the other custom leagues (fmf files).

The background DOES appear this time, in all tested clubs!

Looks like it's definitely a RAM issue or design flaw.