Wisla Krakow

I jus wanted to do a little on here about Wisla, they have a little bit of a story going on in real life that i read about i'm not sure how commonly known but anyway

Basically they have always been one of the top 2 powerhouses in Poland but in the last 5 or so years have gotten into ridiculous debt (25m) or so and have narrowly escaped relegation for the last couple of seasons

The romantic part of the story though is that on hearing just how bad the situation was Jacob Blaszyowski Poland captain and ex Dortmund winger asked his current team Wolfsberg to terminate his 40k a week contract so he could sign for Wisla on a token 2k p/w

He is now also a director and has brought in his own consortium to run the team

I have been to Krakow in real life and we tried to go into the Kracovia Club shop one afternoon where we were rudely told they were'nt open, so we walked the 100 yards or so across the street to Wisla stadium where my dad talked with one of the secutity and he let us into the stadium and we walked around the pitch while he gave a little free tour and history of the club, i thought this was such a lovely little touch and i was fond of them ever since 

Anyway i finally did a Wisla save and it's really gd the league while lacking quality always use very negative systems so they are hard to break down, you have no money and and average squad bar Jacob,

But with a few shrewd loans and frees i did manage to get into Champions league group stage which netted the club about 12m, we even managed to knick 3rd and creep into the Europa which netted even more cash

I'm now 2 seasons completed and the debt is 2/3 wiped out and my starting budget for next season is 9m with 70k wages, that is unbelievable and i think i can put together a hell of a team on that

you hear people wining the champions league with some Welsh team but it takes like 20 years i don't have time for that for me the challenge is winning the Europa league within 5 which i think would be a hell of an achievement given we will never be able to attract the very best and our highest earner will probably be 10k per week

Just an enjoyable save overall and i prefer it to one of the big 4 leagues

I also enjoy playing in Ekstraklasa, their limits on non-EU players and generally constrained finances also make it a great spot to do youth academy focused saves which I always prefer. Lech Poznan is my most recent dynasty, go Kolejorz!

I have a thing for only playing teams from cities I’ve been to. I have an affinity for Poland and Krakow in particular so Wisla are on my list to play this year.

But, as the issues around ratings and missing stats were still prevalent I started my only save so far with Widzew Łódź as a precursor to get to know the Polish leagues. I’ve played a season and a half and love the leagues.

3 hours ago, Sebmono said:

I also enjoy playing in Ekstraklasa, their limits on non-EU players and generally constrained finances also make it a great spot to do youth academy focused saves which I always prefer. Lech Poznan is my most recent dynasty, go Kolejorz!

Yeah i forgot to mention that, only allowed 2 non EU in the starting 11 at any time, so snapping up cheap Serbians or South Americans is a Tricky business unless they have a second nationality 

Yeah Poznan were a real pain for me in my second season i was loving my team we were winning comfortably and then they beat us an never lost i had to go to the last day of the season to win it an only then i got a draw and scraped it- Like i said even with a more talented squad it's still hard to just walk through teams because most of them park the bus in every single game

Also i'm playing slightly older FM so don't know what it's like now but the board were so generous with me once i had spent my pittance and gone -8k over drawn a quick board request was accepted every single time pluming me back up to 10-15k in some cases, which considering the state of the finances just endeared them to me even more

Blaszkiowski btw is the co owner of the club now along with what i am guessing is his brother or some relative