guruhd

The game fails to deal with the Club World Championship properly.  Playing as Liverpool, I finished the second season, and then a few weeks into the Summer holidays I notice the Club World Championship in my calendar, which up to this point has not been mentioned.  My players are all on holiday, so I can't get them back for any kind of training to prepare and get them fit.  During the tournament, my pre-season officially starts, so despite already being with a squad of 23 players in China, I am at the same time welcoming my players back for pre-season, holding a meeting telling them what I expect for the new season.  It doesn't add up.

Additionally now, I have reached the quarter finals which are to be played on 25/6/22.  The semi-final is scheduled for 29/6/22 and the final 3/7/22.  Jordan Henderson has just had a testimonial arranged for 2/7/22, so the day before the final, and then we are into friendlies on 5/7/22.  I know I can have some control over this, by arranging these myself, or cancelling them, but it just seems the game carries on as normal, with a normal Summer and pre-season, whilst ignoring the fact we at the Club World Championship.

• SI Staff

hey @guruhd sorry for the delay in getting to you

Yeah I can see the issue here - doesn't sound like it's being handled right somewhere, lots of stuff clashing with the CWC. Do you have a savegame please, where I can see this? (An earlier one before the CWC would be best if possible!) - if so I'll pass it along to the developers to unravel

Saves can be uploaded here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360005531017-How-to-upload-files

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/01/2021 at 14:23, Tony Garvey said:

hey @guruhd sorry for the delay in getting to you

Yeah I can see the issue here - doesn't sound like it's being handled right somewhere, lots of stuff clashing with the CWC. Do you have a savegame please, where I can see this? (An earlier one before the CWC would be best if possible!) - if so I'll pass it along to the developers to unravel

Saves can be uploaded here: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-gb/articles/360005531017-How-to-upload-files

Any updates on this issue? This was a problem in FM20, but hasn't been fixed in FM21 so it seems. In the quarter final of the CWC, my players have a very low fitness because of the impossibility to train my players. It seems impossible to select a winning team.

• SI Staff

Yeah sorry, I have been discussing this internally.

OK, here's what we're gonna do. A lot of the complaints are from real-world problems with the competition. Scheduling, basically. Blame FIFA for some of that :D

That said, don't think it's a great experience in FM either. So I've logged this for our developers after a few discussions; we're going to see what we can do. I've suggested for example, being able to prioritise training during the CWC period (vs holidays, testimonials, internationals etc.)

So it's logged for review.