Player instructions

If you have a player like Nicolo Barella who has 19 in aggression and the trait "dives into tackles" gets a lot of yellow and red cards, like 17 yellow cars in 33 matches with two reds to boot.

So what I'm wondering is if I give him the player instruction ease off tackles, will he just igonre it, or can lower the times he goes bananas and get a card to match the move?

9 hours ago, Tryllefot said:

But it will help in getting fewer bookings?

Yeah, he'll just follow players round like he's their minder rather than tackling, then randomly assassinate someone and get sent off. Can you not remove the negative trait on the game?

9 hours ago, Tryllefot said:

But it will help in getting fewer bookings?

Considered in isolation, it should help to get fewer bookings. But what if the main cause of him being booked so often is elsewhere in your tactic, rather than the player himself?

That's why I tend to avoid giving people tactical advice without seeing the whole tactic. 

18 hours ago, busngabb said:

Yeah, he'll just follow players round like he's their minder rather than tackling, then randomly assassinate someone and get sent off. Can you not remove the negative trait on the game?

I've tried to "untrain" the dive into tackles trait, but he could'nt unlearn it, so ease of tackles is the second option.

6 minutes ago, Tryllefot said:

Off course that could be a factor, but other players who have played in the same position with the same instructions don't tend to get booked as often.

I think this is where the "considered in isolation" phrase from Experienced Defender comes in. He's not the same as the other players and something else about him or how he fits into the tactic might make a difference here. But as ED said, without more information (being able to see your tactic) it's hard to offer much on that.