I have a team that will drop out of the league. And only I have tall men. what should I do ?

Hello there. happy new year everyone.  

I have a very weak team. The goal is not to fall out of the league. I have tall men. I am trying to create a tactic using them. I read the articles on the forum about WTG. However, they were all jobs in good teams. What can we do with a low team?

İts my tactic. how can i improve this tactic ?

image.thumb.png.657c3a295021358ea5bf054ebaa30256.png

So , I play from the left wing because fb and cb have pretty bad features. I want to set the game long and serve the game from the left wing. I use dlp because I want a player to collect the balls spinning in the midfield and throw the long ball. For me to play the long ball in the instructions. I keep LOE ahead because I want to download the balls to the striker and b2b (is this thought correct?)

And my tall guys.

image.thumb.png.f99a09c7b09654f04928b3d78404999a.png

image.thumb.png.6a63c203802d3ab63d8a9062ecd12cc6.png

image.thumb.png.caa082efa0378a6f2bda6af5acd124ab.png

I can take a screenshot of any player or team. I just want you to help me develop these guys. Every idea is very important to me. I am waiting for your suggestions.

Do you have a lot of tall players in general or only your strikers are tall? 

Apart from that, your compactness is extremely poor due to a huge distance between D-line (standard) and LOE (much higher). And it becomes an even bigger problem if you are a weak team struggling to avoid relegation. 

The defensive side of your tactic is extremely risky and unsound overall. 

10 saat önce, Experienced Defender said:

Do you have a lot of tall players in general or only your strikers are tall? 

Just Strikers.  my aim is to use the target man and throw the ball at him.

Apart from that, your compactness is extremely poor due to a huge distance between D-line (standard) and LOE (much higher). And it becomes an even bigger problem if you are a weak team struggling to avoid relegation. 

I'm not sure about that. It doesn't make sense to be loe higher. but wouldn't the target man play the ball in midfield instead of offense when LOE is lower?How can I attack if the place where the ball meets the midfield. Because the target man will score.Am I wrong about LOE? Can you please inform about this?

The defensive side of your tactic is extremely risky and unsound overall. 

My right back. He is not very resourceful, as it seems.

image.thumb.png.b8acae8841316257a6900b3550a0452a.png

My full back and defenders are only capable of playing the NCB role. Maybe three-person defense? What do you suggest ? Please inform me. There is a lot to learn about this.

With regards to the LOE, I’m not sure what you really mean. The LOE is to do with how your players act OUT of possession. So a higher LOE with a standard defensive line stretches your team out way too far when you don’t have the ball. Which is what ED is saying. The opposition will find it much easier to find pockets of space between your lines. Usually with underdog teams, I find it more effective to have the LOE set one notch lower than the defensive line (so if my defensive line is on standard then I’ll have my LOE on Lower). This means my team is more compact as a unit and so the opposition will have to work harder to find space. 

The LOE is where your team triggers their press; where they’re going to really start closing down, assuming you’ve set your team up to do some level of closing down. So if your defenders have been told to hold a standard line, but your attackers are being told to engage the opposition high up the pitch, into the opposition half, then your lines become very distant from each other.

If you’re playing with a Target Man (a role I really like to try and incorporate because it’s become quite unfashionable), you want your team to be more compact anyway because when you eventually win the ball back then he’s not going to be recovering from trying to engage the opposition well inside their half. 

A system that works well for underdog teams is to sit deeper so the opposition get drawn in. Then when you win the ball back, they have been pulled forward in an attempt to break you down and so now the long ball is on, either into the channel or aimed at a target man to hold up or flick on.

This is certainly how I would interpret it anyway. I’m nowhere near as knowledgeable as people like Experienced Defender.

1 saat önce, OrientTillIDie said:

LOE ile ilgili olarak, gerçekten ne demek istediğinizden emin değilim. LOE, oyuncularınızın sahip olmadıkları şekilde nasıl davrandıklarıyla ilgilidir. Bu nedenle, standart bir savunma hattına sahip daha yüksek bir LOE, topa sahip olmadığınızda takımınızı çok fazla uzatır. ED'nin söylediği de bu. Muhalefet, çizgileriniz arasında boşluklar bulmayı çok daha kolay bulacaktır. Genelde zayıf takımlarda, LOE'nin savunma hattından bir kademe daha aşağıda olmasını daha etkili buluyorum (yani eğer savunma hattım standartsa, o zaman LOE'mi Altta alacağım). Bu, ekibimin bir birim olarak daha derli toplu olduğu ve bu nedenle muhalefetin yer bulmak için daha çok çalışması gerektiği anlamına geliyor. 

LOE, ekibinizin basınını tetiklediği yerdir; Takımınızı bir miktar kapanış yapacak şekilde ayarladığınızı varsayarak, gerçekten kapanmaya başlayacakları yer. Dolayısıyla, savunucularınıza standart bir hat tutmaları söylendiyse, ancak saldırganlarınıza rakip yarı sahanın yukarısındaki rakip yarıya girmeleri söylendiğinde, hatlarınız birbirinden çok uzaklaşır.

Bir Hedef Adam ile oynuyorsanız (modası oldukça geçerliliğini yitirdiği için gerçekten denemek ve dahil etmek istediğim bir rol), takımınızın daha derli toplu olmasını istersiniz çünkü sonunda topu geri kazandığınızda, o iyileşemeyecektir. muhalefeti kendi yarısının içine sokmaya çalışmaktan. 

Zayıf takımlar için iyi çalışan bir sistem, daha derine oturmaktır, böylece rakipler içeriye çekilir. Sonra, topu geri kazandığınızda, sizi parçalamak için ileri çekilirler ve şimdi uzun top, her ikisine de açıktır. Kanalı veya hedef adamı tutmak veya hafifçe vurmak için.

Zaten kesinlikle böyle yorumluyordum. Tecrübeli Savunucu gibi insanlar kadar bilgili değilim.

I am confused about LOE. Thank you for your answer. I think I have misinformation about LOE. I was generally considering them as average positions. However, your explanation was very helpful. I will make a few changes. It's about LOE and team structure. And I'll watch a few matches in the game. This will help me understand. one last question ; What would you fix in Tactic other than LOE? My full back players have very defensive qualities. I'm thinking of the 3-5-2 lineup. Any suggestions?

For me (and I appreciate that others have different ways of playing the game and setting up their team), the left side of your team would be a bit of a worry. Your wide target man is going to be tucking inside and getting into the box to make himself a nuisance. As such, your left wing going forward will be completely vacant as your left full back is on Defend duty, so won’t be filling that space. 

Because of this, your TI of Focus Play Down The Left doesn’t make much sense; there isn’t anyone on the left to give the ball to. I’d be inclined to take that instruction off because those roles will naturally get the ball to your winger who will then aim any crosses in the direction of your WTM. 

I’d definitely put your left full back on a role with a support duty. Probably Wing Back to be honest, seeing as you’ve got your defensive midfielder holding in front of the back line. Ultimately, you are going to need to be some kind of threat going forward if you want to gain points.

Make sure you watch your first few games using your system, ideally on full so you can see as much as possible. Watch for things not working as you’d like and make adjustments accordingly.

9 hours ago, neptune'sblue said:

Just Strikers.  my aim is to use the target man and throw the ball at him

Okay, you throw the ball to him and what then? 

Plus, I see in your tactic that you want to use a WTM, rather than standard TM up front. 

'm not sure about that. It doesn't make sense to be loe higher. but wouldn't the target man play the ball in midfield instead of offense when LOE is lower?How can I attack if the place where the ball meets the midfield. Because the target man will score.Am I wrong about LOE? Can you please inform about this?

The line of engagement (LOE) defines where on the pitch your players will start pressing and tackling the opposition when they (opposition) have the ball. So if the distance between your D-line and LOE is (too) big, there will be a lot of space between the lines of your team that the opposition can exploit. 

My full back and defenders are only capable of playing the NCB role

How exactly did you determine that? Every player can play more than just one role.

And my remark about the lack of defensive solidity in your tactic pertained to the whole tactic. not just your defenders and/or their respective roles. 

21 saat önce, OrientTillIDie said:

For me (and I appreciate that others have different ways of playing the game and setting up their team), the left side of your team would be a bit of a worry. Your wide target man is going to be tucking inside and getting into the box to make himself a nuisance. As such, your left wing going forward will be completely vacant as your left full back is on Defend duty, so won’t be filling that space. 

Because of this, your TI of Focus Play Down The Left doesn’t make much sense; there isn’t anyone on the left to give the ball to. I’d be inclined to take that instruction off because those roles will naturally get the ball to your winger who will then aim any crosses in the direction of your WTM. 

I’d definitely put your left full back on a role with a support duty. Probably Wing Back to be honest, seeing as you’ve got your defensive midfielder holding in front of the back line. Ultimately, you are going to need to be some kind of threat going forward if you want to gain points.

Make sure you watch your first few games using your system, ideally on full so you can see as much as possible. Watch for things not working as you’d like and make adjustments accordingly.

I watched a few matches and made some changes. Especially I noticed that playing the game from the wing is pointless (as you said). Showing players only one way prevents others from doing it. And I turned to my 3 defenders. This is my tactic for now. I have a few problems. I don't understand if it was a gamer mistake or a mistake in tactics.

image.thumb.png.c239c6dda2b9ed050fcdddb950998fea.png

I told my right-back player the instruction to aim cross. And I found 4 goals in 5 matches. WTG did the job. However, the score is usually 3-3 or 4-4. I score goals. However, they rate us a lot. And most of them are long shots. I could not find a solution. I've tried high DL and standard LOE. This time they score goals from long balls. I'm taking the players to the DM position. Nothing has changed. . I have a weakness in defense. I gave my BWM player a defensive role and nothing has changed. It may be about my players but they keep scoring goals. Even if I'm 3 goals ahead, somehow they score. and Draw. Thanks for your help. You helped me learn something.

14 saat önce, Experienced Defender said:

Plus, I see in your tactic that you want to use a WTM, rather than standard TM up front. 

In fact, my goal is to take advantage of the back players' head kick. There are usually fast and short rb players in the league. They are short or have bad jumping ability. Throw the ball with the right back or right wing over there and find goals. Or seeking goals from the counter with my forward player AF.

The line of engagement (LOE) defines where on the pitch your players will start pressing and tackling the opposition when they (opposition) have the ball. So if the distance between your D-line and LOE is (too) big, there will be a lot of space between the lines of your team that the opposition can exploit. 

Yes I guess I solved this issue. Thank you.

How exactly did you determine that? Every player can play more than just one role.

And my remark about the lack of defensive solidity in your tactic pertained to the whole tactic. not just your defenders and/or their respective roles. 

I shared the characteristics of one of my players (rb) on how I understood this. I understand according to the features of the game. I think I can do this much. What I wanted or wanted from you was how I should rank my advocates. For example. Just like you need to put the WB-SU behind the WTG-At. And yes, although my tactics change, defense problems persist.

One last question. Should I listen to these suggestions? I am not getting good results when I listen.

image.thumb.png.3f6b3c7b7643f11e73b3d99760c76b36.png

5 hours ago, neptune'sblue said:

One last question. Should I listen to these suggestions? I am not getting good results when I listen

I personally never listen to the assistant and his suggestions.

Btw, your last tactic (523 wide) looks a lot better than the first one. However, tight marking could be a problem, because the formations is not bottom-heavy. I would prefer the Get stuck in instead.

3 dakika önce, Experienced Defender said:

I personally never listen to the assistant and his suggestions.

Btw, your last tactic (523 wide) looks a lot better than the first one. However, tight marking could be a problem, because the formations is not bottom-heavy. I would prefer the Get stuck in instead.

Thank you. I will try. So, remove mark tighter and defend narrow.  I hope the developments will be positive. Happy New Year