Player X believes your stature in the game isn't big enough to match his own????

I've managed to get a Vanarama team into the Premier League but i'm still seeing this message "player X believes your stature in the game isn't big enough to match his own" why? what do i have to do? I'm studying a Continental Pro license and my club a  2 and a half star national reputation club, and where in the Premier League, what more can i do?

It takes time to build a reputation, think in how many managers Messi has dismissed from Barcelona.

Tata Martino, Quique Setien even Luis Enrique never had a fair chance as they weren't Messi's coup of tea, You are suffering that.

Edited by Sharkn20

3 hours ago, Davey Boy said:

I've managed to get a Vanarama team into the Premier League but i'm still seeing this message "player X believes your stature in the game isn't big enough to match his own" why? what do i have to do? I'm studying a Continental Pro license and my club a  2 and a half star national reputation club, and where in the Premier League, what more can i do?

The reputation in game will slowly increase as you do well, but not fast enough when you are going up the leagues too fast. So if the player believes they are too good for your team, then they won't extend contracts or join because the team is still akin to a lower tiered side. So just continue to do well and the reputation will follow in a few seasons.

40 minutes ago, XaW said:

The reputation in game will slowly increase as you do well, but not fast enough when you are going up the leagues too fast. So if the player believes they are too good for your team, then they won't extend contracts or join because the team is still akin to a lower tiered side. So just continue to do well and the reputation will follow in a few seasons.

that's better explained, thanks.