Trying sign players and saying they’ll only join in January 2022?

Hi everyone,

I’ve played one full season in charge at Preston and have started to sign players over the summer after promotion to the Premier League. However, after looking at their join dates, it says they’ll only be joining on the 1/1/2022, which is obviously halfway through the season?

It also says that I am unable to register certain players until then too - I offered a player a new contract and that appeared at the bottom.

I know the window is open though as I’ve managed to sell players, just not sign any?

Is this a glitch or?

4 minutes ago, collisonmullan said:

Out of interest are any of these players playing in the MLS. 

I signed luis Binks and his loan didn’t finished until then also. 

who have you signed? Knowing that might help with answers? 

Nope, not one of them, it’s weird. They’re all players based in England at lower league clubs. The weirdest part is, I signed Jack Byrne and it went through but then every signing after didn’t. Maybe it’s to do with the fact I agreed a transfer for Byrne BEFORE the new season ‘officially’ started?

I’ve signed Bettinelli and a few others like him off the top of my head but they say they’ll only join in January.

I was under a transfer embargo due to a takeover but the takeover has been completed and they’ve said I can sign players and given me a new budget so it can’t be that.

I noticed something similar e in Spain - managing FC Andorra and trying to sign Andorran young players - and also in Italy with a Phoenix club (San Marino Calcio) trying to sign Sammarinese players.  I've raised it as a bug, which is under review by SI - feel free to add your example to the thread.  I haven't played long enough in either save to tell if it's still an issue after a season - kinda burst the immersion of the attempted save and I aborted...

3 hours ago, CharlieGreg15 said:

Hi everyone,

I’ve played one full season in charge at Preston and have started to sign players over the summer after promotion to the Premier League. However, after looking at their join dates, it says they’ll only be joining on the 1/1/2022, which is obviously halfway through the season?

It also says that I am unable to register certain players until then too - I offered a player a new contract and that appeared at the bottom.

I know the window is open though as I’ve managed to sell players, just not sign any?

Is this a glitch or?

Yea I had the same issue too. I used a real time editor to get rid of Brexit and I assumed it was because of this. I thought I'd just try and sign someone with the message anyway and see what happened. For me, turned out to be nothing and I could sign them and play them just fine.